Page 118 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What did Miami pay Saul when he left? NDSU maybe should have ponied up back then. Get a good coach and figure out a way to keep him. UNI has private funding for Jacobson's salary, I think they are over paying but maybe that's a model we need to adopt.
    I think Saul maxed out at over $600k at Ohio....Which was triple what we were paying him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think Saul maxed out at over $600k at Ohio....Which was triple what we were paying him.
    So maybe if we doubled it he stays? I don't know just seems like we should be able to keep a good coach from all but the P5's if we want to be serious about BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, scholarships are part of that. In D1 MBB is allowed 13 scholarships (no partials - either full ride or no ride) so if Denver is 36K more per scholarship that's a difference in 468K for 13 scholarship players at Denver over 13 scholarship players at NDSU.
    I don't know why this piece of misinformation bothers me so much. Schools can choose to give a partial scholarship in the counter sports(FBS, MBB, WBB, VB); there's nothing preventing them from doing it. There isn't a good reason in the vast majority of cases, but they still can do it.

For an example of a rare case where it could happen, consider this:
    School A is using it's full amount of MBB scholarships(13). Player A does something bad, but not quite bad enough to get kicked off the team. As part of the punishment, School A reduces the scholarship to Player A from full, to half. There's nothing in the rule book prohibiting this. However, School A cannot give that scholarship to anyone else, as there are still 13 players on School A's roster that are receiving scholarships. So there would be 12.5 scholarships being given out to 13 players for that semester/year.

Another possibility would be schools with major budget problems. Say an FBS school that is trying to cut costs everywhere. This School B can only afford the minimum 76.5 football scholarships instead of the 85 maximum. School B could split those 76.5 scholarships out among 85 players just like a fully-funded FCS school does with their 63.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I don't know why this piece of misinformation bothers me so much. Schools can choose to give a partial scholarship in the counter sports(FBS, MBB, WBB, VB); there's nothing preventing them from doing it. There isn't a good reason in the vast majority of cases, but they still can do it.

For an example of a rare case where it could happen, consider this:
    School A is using it's full amount of MBB scholarships(13). Player A does something bad, but not quite bad enough to get kicked off the team. As part of the punishment, School A reduces the scholarship to Player A from full, to half. There's nothing in the rule book prohibiting this. However, School A cannot give that scholarship to anyone else, as there are still 13 players on School A's roster that are receiving scholarships. So there would be 12.5 scholarships being given out to 13 players for that semester/year.

Another possibility would be schools with major budget problems. Say an FBS school that is trying to cut costs everywhere. This School B can only afford the minimum 76.5 football scholarships instead of the 85 maximum. School B could split those 76.5 scholarships out among 85 players just like a fully-funded FCS school does with their 63.
    Fair enough, I should've said partials are possible in MBB (and FBS football for that matter) it just doesn't gain you anything except saving money since that counts towards your scholarship player limit the same as a guy getting a full ride would.

Seems like having a good team the school and community would support for the entire season would be the goal every year. Most likely this would yield conference championships more often than not. Dave is overly focused on players learning his system, which has not yielded the desired outcome to gain community support. It is undoubtedly difficult for young players to think the system is more important than winning. Basketball isn't like football where you get to regroup every 30 seconds. Dave is probably missing the forest for the trees.I don't see a bunch of happy faces on the floor or the bench. Maybe the end result will achieve someone's goal for the season. Right now it's a headscratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So maybe if we doubled it he stays? I don't know just seems like we should be able to keep a good coach from all but the P5's if we want to be serious about BB.
    Well it starts with the fans generating consistently more revenue. Unless someone around here is sitting on the 4 million-plus it would take to endow a salary increase like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well it starts with the fans generating consistently more revenue. Unless someone around here is sitting on the 4 million-plus it would take to endow a salary increase like that.
    Winning and having a good product comes first and foremost. There is plenty of money in the program to expect better results and product IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like most I had very high expectations for this season but sadly I think disappointment is coming. I mean how in the actual hell is this happening? Sure having great team culture is important but being able to run an actual offense or should I say learn from past mistakes to make your team better is equally important. Every game seems to be the same: get down by 15 early and try to claw back at half then play lights out for 10 minutes and have a 4 minute scoring drought because there is no adjustments made ultimately losing to teams we should not be losing to let alone being close with the roster/talent that we have on this team.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last year’s tourney appearance was fools gold and, long term, kind of unfortunate. After so many years the reality remains that Richman has ZERO signature wins and plenty of really bad losses. This team has officially no resemblance to the Braun, LA era and isn’t a quarter as much fun to watch. New stadium, first tourney win, should have been best recruiting ever and a new bar set. All of it was completely wasted.

Had a conversation with a buddy the other day who had talked to a former player. The player said that Richman was responsible for the success the Bison had while he was an assistant. For some reason he now isnt doing what made him successful. He can see what he is doing but has no clue as to why he is doing what hes doing. What Richmond is doing or attempting to do makes no sense to him.

Just thought I would pass this along.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."