Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Blog Entries

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

The basketball program used to have a great culture, even when the talent wasn't there the team still played with a chip on its shoulder, they played together and weren't afraid of anyone.

The Saul coached team that won like 10 games was far more fullfilling to watch than any team Richman has coached the past serveral seasons.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

I am a season ticket holder since the SHAC opened. I miss the Hot Dog Peddler since they went Dining Center for almost all of their catering and it is really subpar. I like going over and buying Dippin' Dots from Lars since the sales provides an entire scholarship to the track budget. The sound is questionable and the leg room is unacceptable. But I would have to say that I like this team, even though they are a patch work squad. They have had some good wins at home this year, but I am not giving Richman any credit. We have some new pieces to the team that are doing things on their own to advance the team. But the big improvement for me is that there is no one named AJ Jacobson on the team. This team will win more games than they should and yes, I think they have a bright future.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the men's team has the potential to be a Summit League contender as early as next year with the right coaching. They've got a solid 6'10" big man in Kreuser, a freak athlete for the SL level in Deng, a good floor general in Shahid, a slasher (albeit an inconsistent one) in Ward, and shooters in Samuelson, Horn, and Hunter. Griesel, prior to his injury, and Cook are playing as true freshman and have held their own as well. Next year will bring another skilled big man in Noah Christenson into the fold along with hopefully a finally healthy 7' rim protector in Meidinger.

All of those guys are back next year so if a coaching staff can develop each of them into better players over the next year (a novel concept I know) I think this could be a pretty darn good Summit League team. Having said that it's most likely going to have to be a different coaching staff to get that necessary development out of the players because the current coaching staff has given me no confidence that they can do it.
    I 100% agree and you didn't even mention Eady. There really isn't a reason talent wise why we could be gunning for the 2 seed in the Summit League tournament this year but without a coach that knows how to utilize the talent we won't get there. We don't lose anybody going into next season (assuming nobody bails) it would be a great opportunity for success for a new coach to come in and get things back on the right track.

It gets real this weekend. South Dakota is here Friday night and Fort Wayne is here Sunday afternoon.

462 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It gets real this weekend. South Dakota is here Friday night and Fort Wayne is here Sunday afternoon.
    Win both: No new "Fire Richman" threads and maybe 1-5 more posts each in the current ones.
    Split: 1 new "Fire Richman" thread and 20-30 more posts in each of the current ones.
    Lose both: The men's basketball forum is reduced to ashes by Monday morning.

Blog Entries

If there is a Blizzard and SD can not get here for the Friday game do we consider that a win???????

Blog Entries

I really think a lot of the fanbase overestimates the young talent on this team. They are way more young than they are talented. I don't see what you guys see in terms of these young guys being among the best young guys in the conference. i thought it was talented too, but when you watch them play, they really aren't anything special, and that is something anyone can see outside of the coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I really think a lot of the fanbase overestimates the young talent on this team. They are way more young than they are talented. I don't see what you guys see in terms of these young guys being among the best young guys in the conference. i thought it was talented too, but when you watch them play, they really aren't anything special, and that is something anyone can see outside of the coaching.
    Who recruited those players that lack talent?
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Who recruited those players that lack talent?
    The coach is significantly underachieving and the young guys in the program really aren't as uber talentedas most people here seem to think. Established.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If there is a Blizzard and SD can not get here for the Friday game do we consider that a win???????
    Any day a basketball team from NDSU does not lose is a win. So, Yes!!!!!