Page 113 of 367 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would like to see Will Veasley get a crack at the head coach. Head played for Brad Stevens at Butler. Will should have been able to learn something from him.
    Former Player Josh Vaughan is head coach at Dickinson State. He would be worth a look at also. But a nationwide search is not a bad idea as Chaos stated.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Former Player Josh Vaughan is head coach at Dickinson State. He would be worth a look at also. But a nationwide search is not a bad idea as Chaos stated.

We've been told multiple times that this job is one that is held in high regard and a coaches from all over the nation would love to coach here. Do I believe it could be? Sure. Do I believe having a mediocre coach and a mediocre team year after year hinders that perspective? Yes.

Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    We've been told multiple times that this job is one that is held in high regard and a coaches from all over the nation would love to coach here. Do I believe it could be? Sure. Do I believe having a mediocre coach and a mediocre team year after year hinders that perspective? Yes.

Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it.
    I think the people saying that are blowing smoke up your ass. Fan support is middling... coaching pay is average to below average for mid-majors... funding in general appears to be pretty average or below average for mid-majors based on the schedule they put together year after year... facilities are probably above average but even in the Summit League it's arguable whether NDSU has better facilities than the SD schools or Omaha. Even COA isn't a big differentiator since there are a ton of schools that do that for MBB now even at the mid-major level since it's the most competitive sport top to bottom for the 353 NCAA D1 members.

Pretty much everything off the court screams mediocre just as much as what's happening on the court. You get what you pay for.

On the Insiders today Jorgy stated that what really only matters is the Summit Tourney since we are a one bid league. I would beg to differ on that. Last year we went to the NCAA with a 18-15 record and a lovely 16 seed. Would it not be better to enter the NCAA with a record of 25-8 or 23-10 and maybe get a 12 or 13 seed? Is your recruiting pitch to recruits come and play for us and get to the NCAA with a record of basically .500 record and a 16 seed? With minimal chance of winning a game or come play for us because we are always 23-10 or better and get a 12 seed and have a much better chance of winning a game in the NCAA. I would take the later.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

On the Insiders today Jorgy stated that what really only matters is the Summit Tourney since we are a one bid league. I would beg to differ on that. Last year we went to the NCAA with a 18-15 record and a lovely 16 seed. Would it not be better to enter the NCAA with a record of 25-8 or 23-10 and maybe get a 12 or 13 seed? Is your recruiting pitch to recruits come and play for us and get to the NCAA with a record of basically .500 record and a 16 seed? With minimal chance of winning a game or come play for us because we are always 23-10 or better and get a 12 seed and have a much better chance of winning a game in the NCAA. I would take the later.
    Exactly. This "just win the tourney" mindset is small time. You want to get the highest seed you can and try to win a couple games in the NCAA at least.

On the Insiders today Jorgy stated that what really only matters is the Summit Tourney since we are a one bid league.

Bison basketball...."Embrace the Mediocrity!"

Not sure I've ever been more dissapointed in what an NDSU program has become than MBB under Richman. It is just sad and there are no brakes on this train of mediocrity unfortunately. Mediocre recruiting classes, a style of play that isn't going to get it done agaisnt anyone worth a damn...I would walk across burning coals all the way to Aberdeen to bring Saul back. Somebody please make Bison basketball fun again.

Just pisses me off that what MBB has become is hoping that we can luck box a 16 seed after getting hot for several days in March. Nothing else matters, Jorgy or somebody at 1660 needs to man up and say what is happening on the court isn't getting it done. This team had real expectations and they damn well better be held to them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Emailed ML last year stating I will not renew season tickets until he takes necessary action removing DR as HC. I've never been a big fan of Dave, its astonishing on how our AD continues to let the train derail.
    FCS Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2014: Sams Rams 2015: Taper 2016: CalBison97 2017: JDZ 2018: Bookem 2019: MrPepBand 2020: ndsubison1 2021: MrPepBand 2022: HuskerBizon and gavin2126 2023: TransAmBison
    FBS G5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2023: KSBisonFan
    FBS P5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: BraxtonT 2021: TransAmBison 2022: Taper 2023: oldmantutters
    NFL Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: HuskerBizon 2022: KSBisonFan 2023: MrPepBand

Yeah, the "all that matters is March" excuse is bullshit this year. Last year it was understandable because they had basically a completely new roster full of a bunch of underclassmen and no seniors. Just making the tournament was an accomplishment to be proud of for that team. This year they've got a starting lineup that includes 3 seniors and a junior and all 5 starters are back. They can't use the "young team trying to find it's way" excuse that's been fallen back to for the last however many years. This is a veteran team that is struggling and there's no excuses... everyone has to get better. They've got two more opportunities for high quality OOC wins against ETSU and Marquette and they need to win one of them if not both or this OOC slate will be a big disappointment given the expectations heading into the season.

I'm just not fired up about basketball. I hate the modern day chuck threes all day style basketball because it's boring AF. I just don't enjoy the style of play in the same way I don't enjoy the modern version of baseball. I'm also disappointed by the trend of losing a key junior or senior every year. Whether it's Geu, Kabellis, or Dupree (who did come back later). It's like we invest time into players who either peak as a sophomore like AJ, we lose players too late who should have left sooner, or lose players to transfers.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com