Page 117 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The conference champs that don't win their tourney's get an NIT invite so there's that too. Multiple tourney's for BB compared to FB.
    And multiple participation ribbons? <—SDBison is influencing me I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I 100% agree that we should be paying our MBB coach more, at min $300k. That said we are in a Bubba situation where we have coach that is just good enough to stick around without needing any kind of raise because nobody else wants him.

Sadly Richman wasn't even a budget hire, he was the guy everyone wanted.
    You're right with the parallels between Bubba and Dave. I still don't blame Taylor for the hire given the ringing endorsements Richman got from Miles and Saul but in hindsight it would've been better to open it up externally and see who they would've gotten interest from given the success of that 13/14 team and the news that the SHAC was on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And multiple participation ribbons? <—SDBison is influencing me I think.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I 100% agree that we should be paying our MBB coach more, at min $300k. That said we are in a Bubba situation where we have coach that is just good enough to stick around without needing any kind of raise because nobody else wants him.

Sadly Richman wasn't even a budget hire, he was the guy everyone wanted and was given Saul's salary.
    So, if Richman was being paid more, we’d be better on the court?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So, if Richman was being paid more, we’d be better on the court?

I think you missed the whole Richman is our Bubba part of my post. He isn't worth getting paid a legit salary.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It does seem a bit odd that the Basketball autobids go out to teams that can just get hot for a few games in their conference tournament. It kind of diminishes the regular season. On the other hand, it definitely rewards teams that improve throughout their season and are strongest entering the NCAA tournament. I'd say the system has its pluses and minuses.
    Just want to point out that it's not the NCAA that decides on whether it's the regular season or the conference tournament that decides the representative. The conferences have the power to choose either method. What's driven things is that the TV networks are willing to pay the conferences money for broadcasting rights if the tournament champion is the conference representative.

As for the FCS scholarship/non-scholarship question, the problem is that the NEC is now a scholarship conference. That brings the number of scholarship conferences to nine. And since it's very established that there will be at least as many at-large bids as autobids, that means the smallest FCS tournament is going to be 18 teams with two play-in games. Once you have play-in games, does it matter that much whether its two play-in games or eight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Just want to point out that it's not the NCAA that decides on whether it's the regular season or the conference tournament that decides the representative. The conferences have the power to choose either method. What's driven things is that the TV networks are willing to pay the conferences money for broadcasting rights if the tournament champion is the conference representative.

As for the FCS scholarship/non-scholarship question, the problem is that the NEC is now a scholarship conference. That brings the number of scholarship conferences to nine. And since it's very established that there will be at least as many at-large bids as autobids, that means the smallest FCS tournament is going to be 18 teams with two play-in games. Once you have play-in games, does it matter that much whether its two play-in games or eight?

They are all playing for 2nd place even if they are seeded. lol. Go Bison
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Believe it or not both Stony Brook and Utah Valley outspend NDSU when it comes to men's basketball. Based on 2017 numbers, which is last year reported in the US Department of Education's database Stony Brook spent 2.276M, Utah Valley spent 1.635M, and NDSU spent 1.611M. NDSU is 6th out of 9 teams in the Summit League when it comes to MBB spending:

1. Denver: 2,545,906
    2. ORU: 2,126,124
    3. SDSU: 1,991,489
    4. UND: 1,824,580
    5. USD: 1,685,107
    6. NDSU: 1,611,189
    7. Fort Wayne: 1,545,947
    8. Omaha: 1,244,937
    9. WIU: 1,212,286

Obviously in the last 5 years NDSU's MBB program has had more success than any of those other Summit League schools other than SDSU (which I won't argue if you say they've had more success than SDSU as well). They've also had more success in the last 5 years than Utah Valley or Stony Brook as well (although Stony Brook has had a couple 22+ win seasons including an NCAA tournament berth in that time).

I don't know anywhere that has MBB coaches salaries but I know that both Eric Henderson, in his first year of head coaching at any level, at SDSU and Todd Lee, in his 2nd year of head coaching at the D1 level, at USD make more than Richman does in his 6th year as NDSU's head coach.

None of this excuses the lack of performance from this year's team and Richman should not get a pass this year because he's working with a smaller budget and a smaller salary than some of his peers but that's why I say you get what you pay for. NDSU has actually gotten a pretty good ROI over these last few years compared to other places that have spent as much or more. If Richman is let go I hope Larsen and the NDSU AD commits the pocketbooks to at least SDSU's level for the next head coaching hire. If not, we can bitch and moan all we want to about lack of results on the court but we're just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with the right bargain bin coaching hire so I won't be all that surprised if there's no big turnaround. Again, you get what you pay for.

Btw, all this spending information can be looked up at https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/
    Quick question guys..

Denver full cost of attendance is 67K.
    Oral Roberts full cost is 38K.
    NDSU for out of state is 31k.

So by default, Denver's budget is going to be inflated relative to NDSU's by...(12 x $36K) right? I'm assuming they have scholarship costs as a part of what the team is 'spending'?

Would like NDSU to beef up spending on basketball but gotta get bang for the buck. Worried Richman is not the guy to do it. Bring back Saul baby lets goooo.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Quick question guys..

Denver full cost of attendance is 67K.
    Oral Roberts full cost is 38K.
    NDSU for out of state is 31k.

So by default, Denver's budget is going to be inflated relative to NDSU's by...(12 x $36K) right? I'm assuming they have scholarship costs as a part of what the team is 'spending'?

Would like NDSU to beef up spending on basketball but gotta get bang for the buck. Worried Richman is not the guy to do it. Bring back Saul baby lets goooo.
    Yeah, scholarships are part of that. In D1 MBB is allowed 13 scholarships (no partials - either full ride or no ride) so if Denver is 36K more per scholarship that's a difference in 468K for 13 scholarship players at Denver over 13 scholarship players at NDSU.

What did Miami pay Saul when he left? NDSU maybe should have ponied up back then. Get a good coach and figure out a way to keep him. UNI has private funding for Jacobson's salary, I think they are over paying but maybe that's a model we need to adopt.