Page 70 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Paging Mike McFeely; yes we know you read this. While I do not agree with you that Dave should stick around, this is a legit story. How did Dave go from a 5 year to 6 year contract? Inquiring minds want to know.
    You do realize you can file a FOIA request on your own, right?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If this is true about Richman and the magical extension then ADML needs to fire walseth within 24 hours of the last game. The program is a dumpster fire, and sadly I guess we live with DR for one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Richman was announced as head coach on April 8, 2014. The NDSU news release did not specify a term of the contract. Gene Taylor was announced as assistant AD at Iowa in June of 2014. If there has been an extension of the original 2014 contract it would have been Larsen that did that.
    May need to look into the incentives

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Richman was announced as head coach on April 8, 2014. The NDSU news release did not specify a term of the contract. Gene Taylor was announced as assistant AD at Iowa in June of 2014. If there has been an extension of the original 2014 contract it would have been Larsen that did that.
    There was a Forum news story at the time that indicated a 5 year contract.

Found it:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/con...all-coach-ndsu

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My take is this is yet another Athletic Department conspiracy and cover-up. The only way to get to the bottom of the whole affair is to ask the folks in the Bunker to stick their nose in our business again.
    I heard that Richman's 1 year extension was given to him by a "trusted staff member" in the NDSU athletic department.

BURN IT DOWN!!!

Maybe chill out a little, folks. Lord knows I’ve railed on DR in the past, but I’ve come to see him as a developmental coach. These will be his seniors next year and they look promising. Seems only fair (at least to me) that he gets a shot to make it happen.

That said, my biggest concern with him is an apparent inability to learn from his mistakes. Maybe that’s changed, but it’s hard to be introspective in a meaningful way without being removed from a given situation. I’ll say this again – his professional growth could greatly benefit from leaving the area, although this seems to be something he does not want. That concerns me, but the AD obviously wants a successful coach who will stay long term. I believe this was the logic behind DR and MW.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    There was a Forum news story at the time that indicated a 5 year contract.

Found it:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/con...all-coach-ndsu
    "Richman signed a letter of agreement for a five-year contract that on July 1 will start at $190,000 per year. That does not include bonuses, yearly raises or perks like a country club membership. Taylor said more details need to be worked out before both parties sign it."

Maybe a sixth year was one of those "details" that was worked out.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    "Richman signed a letter of agreement for a five-year contract that on July 1 will start at $190,000 per year. That does not include bonuses, yearly raises or perks like a country club membership. Taylor said more details need to be worked out before both parties sign it."

Maybe a sixth year was one of those "details" that was worked out.
    My guess is that when they made the dance his 1st season it kicked in a clause for 1 more year

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    My guess is that when they made the dance his 1st season it kicked in a clause for 1 more year
    Who knows; other plausible theory to me is he was extended after last year to avoid him being a lame duck; we talked about how bad that would be for recruiting at the time.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Maybe chill out a little, folks. Lord knows I’ve railed on DR in the past, but I’ve come to see him as a developmental coach. These will be his seniors next year and they look promising. Seems only fair (at least to me) that he gets a shot to make it happen.

That said, my biggest concern with him is an apparent inability to learn from his mistakes. Maybe that’s changed, but it’s hard to be introspective in a meaningful way without being removed from a given situation. I’ll say this again – his professional growth could greatly benefit from leaving the area, although this seems to be something he does not want. That concerns me, but the AD obviously wants a successful coach who will stay long term. I believe this was the logic behind DR and MW.
    Seriouslyyyyyyy