Page 58 of 365 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    I agree that Walthall should be the number one candidate if Richman gets let go. He has experience coaching at a high level and is great at recruiting the area. I also am curious if Tim Miles would consider coming back here after he is let go at Nebraska.
    I like Walthall, and he has done a great job at MSUM but his last two season haven't been great. 7-22 a season ago and this year finished 19-13 and didnt even make it to Sioux Falls for NSIC tournament. Maybe he would do well but I cant imagine he should locked in as the #1 target if Richman is let go.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I like Walthall, and he has done a great job at MSUM but his last two season haven't been great. 7-22 a season ago and this year finished 19-13 and didnt even make it to Sioux Falls for NSIC tournament. Maybe he would do well but I cant imagine he should locked in as the #1 target if Richman is let go.
    Last season was 7-22 because he redshirted 5 guys. He chose to do that rather than be a .500 team. Those freshman played well but did cost a few games with freshman mistakes. I think you need to interview him for sure and do a national search. Brown is the only guy on the current staff to interview but I would choose Walthall over him.

If the job opens, there will be high major assistant coaches that will want a shot. I would interview Walthall but the job is going to attract some interest.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    Last season was 7-22 because he redshirted 5 guys. He chose to do that rather than be a .500 team. Those freshman played well but did cost a few games with freshman mistakes. I think you need to interview him for sure and do a national search. Brown is the only guy on the current staff to interview but I would choose Walthall over him.
    Walthall?? That is your leading candidate to replace Richman? I would rather keep Dave as our coach then do that. Have people lost their minds on here?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    No chance Brown gets the job if they open it up. Not saying Walthall shouldn't get an interview just saying he shouldnt be our #1 target imo...

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    No chance Brown gets the job if they open it up. Not saying Walthall shouldn't get an interview just saying he shouldnt be our #1 target imo...
    Shouldn't even be a close #1

I think Ben Johnson would be an interesting candidate, now at Xavier was at Minnesota for a while and played for the Gophers. Also worked under Jacobson at UNI for 3 or 4 years, had a season with Miles as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Walthall?? That is your leading candidate to replace Richman? I would rather keep Dave as our coach then do that. Have people lost their minds on here?
    He's not my #1 candidate but I think he should get a good look, top assistant at a power 5, hired Kileman while he was an AD, a great leader and last season was his 1st losing season as a head coach.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Miles would definitely fill the arena. Just getting attendance back to 4000+ would be a huge step.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Miles would definitely fill the arena. Just getting attendance back to 4000+ would be a huge step.
    Without a doubt! You would think he could get offers from bigger programs though.