Page 104 of 367 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    We Gonna Miss this guy in the paint? Attachment 9077
    He only had 2 points against OK Christian tonight. Yes losing Deng does cause some issues but its not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the college game is pretty much built on shooting the 3 ball these days. Villanova ran roughshod on their way to a national title on the back of the 3 pointer 2 years ago. I was encouraged because I wasn't expecting them to put up 30-40 points in the paint but I was worried that they were going to revert to last year's form where the ball never got inside the 3 point arc and they just chucked up contested 3 pointer at the end of the shot clock which they did get into a rut doing at one point in the first half. I didn't see that in the 2nd half as much and it was good to see them get to the line that many times as they did. K-State is a very good defensive team and if they can get to the line that many times every game they're going to win a whole lot of games in the Summit League with as well as they will shoot the 3 on top it.
    You see a different game than me, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    He only had 2 points against OK Christian tonight. Yes losing Deng does cause some issues but its not the end of the world.
    yea, nervous on 1st start probably
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    From an offensive standpoint we are light years away from where those teams where. The team that beat OU would be a 15 point favorite against this team at minimum.

This team can still win the Summit but there won't be a big win unless things change offensively. We have to stop gettting into these offensive funks, K-State didn't score for like a 5 minute stretch in the first half and sadly we couldn't capitalize because we also couldn't score.
    These guys couldn't even hit layups tonight! I mean fucking layups most high schoolers make!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Deng’s presence alone, with his length and athleticism, in the paint made a difference in past games. His critics often focused on his lack of scoring and 1-2 turnovers. Not having Geu’s rebounding, blocked shots, and ability to alter the opposing team’s offense (cutting off drives and forcing kickouts) will hurt us this year.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

So Hayes isnt redshirting, pit the kid in and let him fucking play minutes in the preseason to get used to college ball, sitting on the bench teaches him nothing for long chunks

Richman player rotation boggles my Mind also, but seem Samuelson always gets his minutes
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Here is the rub in my mind:

1. Team is good enough to win Summit.
    2. However, the lack of any credible post player will keep us form ever winning a P5 game again.

I just can't understand why Dave's hates posts so much. We need a Marshall and we need it bad.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Here is the rub in my mind:

1. Team is good enough to win Summit.
    2. However, the lack of any credible post player will keep us form ever winning a P5 game again.

I just can't understand why Dave's hates posts so much. We need a Marshall and we need it bad.
    I don't at all think Dave hates post players but it's also very tough to find those guys. If you're 6'9" or taller and athletic you're looking to high majors or at least stronger conferences than the Summit. Finding a diamond in the rough like Bjorklund or Dex is how we have to go about getting these guys and it's tough to do. So much of basketball these days is played on the perimeter and that's the style kids start to grow up playing and there are fewer and fewer true post players coming out of high school every year. We had a potential one in Meidinger who couldn't get healthy, we had a decent minutes guy in Spencer who left early to go to med school. It's not easy to do, I think Witz is a decent player and finding bigs through the JuCo ranks might be the best strategy going forward but I don't think this team lacks talent by any means.

We lost to K-State because of poor shooting, not just the 3 ball but free throws, easier shots in the lane, we just looked nervous to be in that game in the first game of the year. The team didn't look as loose and to be having as much fun as they did in the preseason game. I'm fully confident that they'll get their swag back and give a team like Marquette later this year some trouble. We did not play close to our best basketball and only lost to K-State by 13, if we were making shots and executing well and still lost by 13 that would concern me but that's not what happened. If we even just hit our averages from last season in 3's and FT's we likely win that game, just hitting AVERAGES. We have a great shooting game like some we've had and we coulda left that place with a 13 point win. I still expect big things from this team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't at all think Dave hates post players but it's also very tough to find those guys. If you're 6'9" or taller and athletic you're looking to high majors or at least stronger conferences than the Summit. Finding a diamond in the rough like Bjorklund or Dex is how we have to go about getting these guys and it's tough to do. So much of basketball these days is played on the perimeter and that's the style kids start to grow up playing and there are fewer and fewer true post players coming out of high school every year. We had a potential one in Meidinger who couldn't get healthy, we had a decent minutes guy in Spencer who left early to go to med school. It's not easy to do, I think Witz is a decent player and finding bigs through the JuCo ranks might be the best strategy going forward but I don't think this team lacks talent by any means.

We lost to K-State because of poor shooting, not just the 3 ball but free throws, easier shots in the lane, we just looked nervous to be in that game in the first game of the year. The team didn't look as loose and to be having as much fun as they did in the preseason game. I'm fully confident that they'll get their swag back and give a team like Marquette later this year some trouble. We did not play close to our best basketball and only lost to K-State by 13, if we were making shots and executing well and still lost by 13 that would concern me but that's not what happened. If we even just hit our averages from last season in 3's and FT's we likely win that game, just hitting AVERAGES. We have a great shooting game like some we've had and we coulda left that place with a 13 point win. I still expect big things from this team going forward.
    Marquette will shoot us out of the gym if we're not excellent from deep. I doubt we have anyone to slow down Howard.

NDSU in Non Conf should be 9-4 if they are a legit team. (K State, Marquette, ETSU losses and maybe 1 loss between ISU B or @/utah valley )

League 18 games, should be 16-2 at worst.

25-6 should be their record with this non confernce and favorites to win summit. If we were a high level major, there should only be 2 losses K State & Marquette
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?