Page 2 of 365 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

So let's look at Richman's strengths and weaknesses IMO

Strength----Recruiting has brought in some talented players---also brought some that are HOW would they play here too though

Weaknesses---Game Management(sub patterns, using timeouts well, drawing up OB plays) Player Development--many players as examples that haven't improved their weaknesses to strengths, Offensive System---not creative at all to get your BETTER players easier looks/shots, not friendly to create plays for each other but exchange spots and swing ball around the perimeter to milk shot clock and pray make a jumpshot---so minimize possessions which makes defense look better
    Media Savvy- looks down a lot when talking---talks about culture all the time---looks angry while coaching (facial expressions) don't see coaching up players during game--

REALLYYYYY think he as an assistant coach material----NOT A HEAD COACH

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dylan Miller started for about 1.5 years here. Dexter came off the bench. Think about it.
    OH I KNOW---PISSED ME OFF

Dylan Miller had so many limitations; Dex was 6th man of year JR year averaging 21mpg; thannnnnn SR year came off bench and averaged 24mpg

Richhhhyyyy should be thankful Dex's dad didn't whoop his ass

I had season tickets and after watching the trend Richmond was leading us. I got rid of them. I will not pay to watch terrible basketball. We were so spoiled with Miles and Saul. Yes Saul had a few down years however his teams had fight. We aren't even competitive anymore. Heck we won how many games over SDSU in a row? Now we struggle to beat our rivals.

Its beyond PATHETIC

We're 2-5 against D1 teams right now. We have 5 more D1 games before conference play. I predict we go 1-4 in those. That'll put us at 3-9 heading into our conference opponents. If we then lose the first 2 of those games (both at home), I'm guessing Richman is done right then and there. An assistant steps up to interim coach. Then (to my disappointment) we start scanning the D3 landscape for someone who wants to be a D1 coach on the cheap.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 11-27-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    We're 2-5 against D1 teams right now. We have 5 more D1 games before conference play. I predict we go 1-4 in those. That'll put us at 3-9 going heading into our conference opponents. If we then lose the first 2 of those games (both at home), I'm guessing Richman is done right then and there. An assistant steps up to interim coach. Then (to my disappointment) we start scanning the D3 landscape for someone who wants to be a D1 coach on the cheap.
    I highly doubt we'll see any coaching changes midseason (unless it's due to something off the court).

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I used to drive 2 1/2 hours to watch games DURING THE WEEK---when I had season tickets----CANCELLED THEM

I hate everything about Richman's Program---X's and O's--especially after timeouts, lack of player development, poor game management, poor sub patterns, and REALLY tired of listening to him talk about building a culture---OF LOSSSINNNGGGG maybe and no expectations!!!

CAN'T WAIT TILL HE'S GONE

WHAT ARE % of him ACTUALLY STAYING????? Really it has to be less than 25% now RIGHT???
    to answer the question: YES!
    and then spot on with K23
    But I'm sure we'll get the apologists that'll come on and say "that was the #1 team in the country!" crap - this has been the steady downfall of Bison hoops since Richman came on as HC
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I highly doubt we'll see any coaching changes midseason (unless it's due to something off the court).
    I dunno. I've been bummed at the crickets from the athletics dept through all this. But I can see Richman's seat going to boiling hot over night if we keep losing in the manner we are. Let's say a 15 point loss to USD and a 10 point loss to IPFW, both at home in front of 300 fans and the band... That might actually wake Matt Larson up as to the basketball woes.

I'm probably off on my timing though. Richman wouldn't get let go before the FCS championship, assuming we're still in it. If somehow we're eliminated from the championship, Richman might really be in trouble as the Athletics dept will be in a sour mood to begin with.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What’s wrong with Richmond? I like what he’s done with the place. He’s tall.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    He doesn't have any eligibilty left.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Yes. But he is a bad dresser. He needs to lose the brown suit.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans