Page 43 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    During the last few years:
    1) Not competing for Summit Championships
    2) Decline in attendance
    3) Increase in player transfers
    4) Decrease in wins, increase in losses

Yep, nothing to complain about /purple/
    Amen.

Ten chara

at this point all eyes should be on ML and he needs to give richman an extension before the tourney....you gotta respect a guy whos been on the ropes and responded like richman has he had that team ready to not only win but dominate the jacks yesterday plain and simple...its to bad he wasted a year and a half with the weave and whatever other stuberness but regardless he has this team ahead of where it probably should be...im not in anyway a fan of the inexpierence/youth excuse that he and even saul used to throw out all the time but yesterday was a trademark example of a young/inexpierenced team and you play that game against that same jacks team next year at this time we run them off the floor by 20 easy...hes obviously assembled a great squad and he went out and got vinnie who obviously brought in leadership/chemistry but after yesterday im completley sold on him...jenkins and whoever else were besides them selves trying to contain him however you cant get away from gue in the post no matter what goes on out there he needs to get touches thats how you stop runs and control the game...theres no point guard that can do that for you not even vinnie...these next games dont really matter i dont know what the seeds look like but they shouldnt be scared of sdsu on a saturday night or any other night in sioux falls all the pressures on them and theres no way they beat us 3 times...other than that besides maybe omaha theres nobody in the tourney that should even give this team a game...so i say extened him before sioux falls that should give everyone involved a huge confidence boost going into the tourney and maybe throw in a few stipulations like no swimming pool for his other starting 5 and must add highly expierenced coach to staff next year...i think hes got a sweet 16 type team on his hands and hes finally got them on the tracks from here on out its time to roll no more excuses

With the way we've been playing of late and the guys we have coming back, who would be favored over us to win the conference next year?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    With the way we've been playing of late and the guys we have coming back, who would be favored over us to win the conference next year?
    Good question:

A lot of teams are losing some pretty good players. However, I think ORU can be good. And you still have to respect SDSU. I would have them as favorites. So my top 3

1. SDSU
    2. NDSU
    3. ORU

But anything can happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    It’s time to shut up and show up support this team. The spirit of this team and the coaches have woken up. Now is not the time for all this negativity.
    I've got my sad trombone out and damn if I'm not going to play it!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    at this point all eyes should be on ML and he needs to give richman an extension before the tourney....you gotta respect a guy whos been on the ropes and responded like richman has he had that team ready to not only win but dominate the jacks yesterday plain and simple...its to bad he wasted a year and a half with the weave and whatever other stuberness but regardless he has this team ahead of where it probably should be...im not in anyway a fan of the inexpierence/youth excuse that he and even saul used to throw out all the time but yesterday was a trademark example of a young/inexpierenced team and you play that game against that same jacks team next year at this time we run them off the floor by 20 easy...hes obviously assembled a great squad and he went out and got vinnie who obviously brought in leadership/chemistry but after yesterday im completley sold on him...jenkins and whoever else were besides them selves trying to contain him however you cant get away from gue in the post no matter what goes on out there he needs to get touches thats how you stop runs and control the game...theres no point guard that can do that for you not even vinnie...these next games dont really matter i dont know what the seeds look like but they shouldnt be scared of sdsu on a saturday night or any other night in sioux falls all the pressures on them and theres no way they beat us 3 times...other than that besides maybe omaha theres nobody in the tourney that should even give this team a game...so i say extened him before sioux falls that should give everyone involved a huge confidence boost going into the tourney and maybe throw in a few stipulations like no swimming pool for his other starting 5 and must add highly expierenced coach to staff next year...i think hes got a sweet 16 type team on his hands and hes finally got them on the tracks from here on out its time to roll no more excuses
    Some bold statements, hope your right
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonnation06 View Post
    Good question:

A lot of teams are losing some pretty good players. However, I think ORU can be good. And you still have to respect SDSU. I would have them as favorites. So my top 3

1. SDSU
    2. NDSU
    3. ORU

But anything can happen....
    Looks good, Jenkins is a rare Summit League talent just as the Dauminator is for SDSU. Jenkins is already over 1000 points as a sophomore......hope he decides to grad transfer somewhere unlike Daum who stuck around.
    True freshman Owen King showed some flashes yesterday, so he’ll give the Jacks another ball handler, helping replace senior guard Tevin King.

SDSU has a highly-ranked recruit & more coming in as well:

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/11/th...ting-rankings/

South Dakota State (2). Denver earned the top class because of a top 300 player but SDSU has the deepest class when it comes to talent. The biggest name in the SDSU class is Caleb Grill, the second ranked non prep school player in the state of Kansas and a player that earned offers from Texas Tech, Nebraska, and Washington State this past summer. Grill is certainly a player that should be in the PrepHoops Top 500 when the rankings are resorted this winter. SDSU also grabbed their big man of the future in Owen Coburn, a 6-foot-10 low post player who is ranked in the top ten of the Iowa senior prospect rankings. Baylor Scheierman is one of the better 2019s in Nebraska and then 6-foot-7 power forward Douglas Wilson out of Kirkwood Community College (originally from Des Moines, Iowa) is the 64th ranked junior college prospect in the country.
    Caleb Grill having 3 P6 offers and choosing TJ and the Jackrabbits.......can’t wait to see him

Makes you wonder if Richman dumped the weave for this brand as a last ditch effort. I'm torn I liked the way we played up to about 4 mins to go when Richman had them slow the tempo I'm torn on that as well do you give up what was working most of the game in hopes you don't get in a barnburner with sdsu or will it tire them out? they basically went with all starters the 2nd half and not much better the 1st!

I saw an energy in this team last night that I hadn't seen since Richman first year or the Saul years. Maybe he's finding some middle ground after all.

Geu had bursts last night but man at times he was a bit lost. I don't know that he would have the muscle/body to "push" Daum around or any other forward that is a "banger" down low. I can kind of see why he may not get minutes but if he's playing well not sure why you wouldn't. Didn't we have the same sort of problem with Wright back in Saul's tenure as well though? Have to wonder if some of that is coming from training staff saying their body can't take that beating every couple of days? Especially since boys/men are still somewhat physically developing at that age?

But I'm not an elite bball mind either. I maybe can recognize an obvious pick and roll play and the weave but that's about it!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Omaha should be good again. FW has everyone back but Konchar. ORU has a lot back.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Looks good, Jenkins is a rare Summit League talent just as the Dauminator is for SDSU. Jenkins is already over 1000 points as a sophomore......hope he decides to grad transfer somewhere unlike Daum who stuck around.
    True freshman Owen King showed some flashes yesterday, so he’ll give the Jacks another ball handler, helping replace senior guard Tevin King.

SDSU has a highly-ranked recruit & more coming in as well:

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/11/th...ting-rankings/

Caleb Grill having 3 P6 offers and choosing TJ and the Jackrabbits.......can’t wait to see him
    Will be interesting if TJ tries to cash in off this run and daum and move on from SDSU.

Dave has done a good job recruiting. We got Noah Christiansen at just thr right time, he was starting to blow up. Both Nebraska and Creighton were interested. Boden Skunberg is the real deal as well from Jamestown. Only a junior but has all the tools to be a very good college player. If that staff can get the moorhead kid they will have absolutely killed the local area.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk