Page 41 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Things are starting to trend towards Rich getting a small extension. Dont shoot the messenger.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonnation06 View Post

So what do they have to do? If they lose to SDSU by 5 points are they legit? If they go to OT and lose are they legit? or do they need to just flat out win?
    Win. We are not UND.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Win. We are not UND.
    Yep, this isn't hard.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Win. We are not UND.
    Do you mean to say no moral or toe-to-toe victories?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

What would have been your response if they lost those games? Ask Denver and SD if they want NDSU record right now? And they were both picked high (over NDSU) in the summit league pre-season poll.

#1. A couple of weeks ago most thought this team would not win the four away games because they had only won 1 away game prior.
    #2. Then......some said, lets see how they play against ORU

Now it's lets see how they play against the remaining 4 teams on their schedule. Let's be honest SDSU is good. They only lost 2 summit league games (only 6 total loses). Ohama and PFW have some tough senior leadership and players.

So what do they have to do? If they lose to SDSU by 5 points are they legit? If they go to OT and lose are they legit? or do they need to just flat out win?

On January 14th the team was 8-10 (2-2) w/ a brutal November stretch, they are now 14-12 (8-4)

They are a way different team than November and December. They are winning the games they should win (it's not their fault some of the teams they are playing are struggling). For a team with no seniors and really no star power I'll take the wins.

Of course those remaining games are tough and I am hoping they do well because they could have easily given up. Despite how you feel or your "I spoke to the AD..." at least support the young men. Maybe your support and encouragement could help them in those remaining games and continue to build their confidence.

I am not attacking your post per se but this seems to be the thought process of most people on this board...."won vs. bad teams let's see how they do against...."
    The team has been playing better and players have been stepping. I 100% support the team and feel there is some good talent on the team. How good could they be if they had a good coach? A good rotation for those players? I still don't see any kind of offense when I am watching. Weaving around the three point line and shooting three's. I am glad those three's have been falling but that is not a offence. Also having your best player not start and never ending a game is pathetic coaching. Having Quayle and Samuelson on the floor at the same time is ridiculous. IMO Quayle shouldn't even be taking any minutes from someone . The rotation needs to be tighter with your best players playing the most minutes.

What would have been your response if they lost those games? Ask Denver and SD if they want NDSU record right now? And they were both picked high (over NDSU) in the summit league pre-season poll.

#1. A couple of weeks ago most thought this team would not win the four away games because they had only won 1 away game prior.
    #2. Then......some said, lets see how they play against ORU

Now it's lets see how they play against the remaining 4 teams on their schedule. Let's be honest SDSU is good. They only lost 2 summit league games (only 6 total loses). Ohama and PFW have some tough senior leadership and players.

On January 14th the team was 8-10 (2-2) w/ a brutal November stretch, they are now 14-12 (8-4)

They are a way different team than November and December. They are winning the games they should win (it's not their fault some of the teams they are playing are struggling). For a team with no seniors and really no star power I'll take the wins.

Of course those remaining games are tough and I am hoping they do well because they could have easily given up. Despite how you feel or your "I spoke to the AD..." at least support the young men. Maybe your support and encouragement could help them in those remaining games and continue to build their confidence.

I am not attacking your post per se but this seems to be the thought process of most people on this board...."won vs. bad teams let's see how they do against...."
    Sorry I won't settle for mediocrity anymore. It's the Summit League not the ACC, we should be one of the top programs every year and compete for the championship. I'm glad the team is playing better and winning games. I feel it's inspite of their coaching staff not because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Sorry I won't settle for mediocrity anymore. It's the Summit League not the ACC, we should be one of the top programs every year and compete for the championship. I'm glad the team is playing better and winning games. I feel it's inspite of their coaching staff not because of them.

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan Forever View Post
    The team has been playing better and players have been stepping. I 100% support the team and feel there is some good talent on the team. How good could they be if they had a good coach? A good rotation for those players? I still don't see any kind of offense when I am watching. Weaving around the three point line and shooting three's. I am glad those three's have been falling but that is not a offence. Also having your best player not start and never ending a game is pathetic coaching. Having Quayle and Samuelson on the floor at the same time is ridiculous. IMO Quayle shouldn't even be taking any minutes from someone . The rotation needs to be tighter with your best players playing the most minutes.
    NDSU's best player currently leads the team in minutes played.

That's Fair! Points well taken!

I still don't see any kind of offense when I am watching. Weaving around the three point line and shooting three's. I am glad those three's have been falling but that is not a offence.
    NDSU hasn't run any more of a weave offense the entire year than SDSU. Despite what any Richman hater wants to think they are running halfcourt set plays and they are being executed by the guys. Richman is running a system very similar to Miles in which he is isolating players to make their own plays. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a very common offense in today's college basketball run by a lot of programs including SDSU and top 25 programs.