Page 84 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Prove himself? He didnt do that this year? He took a team with no seniors, no first team or second team all conference players, and got to the frickin ncaa tournament!!!! If he hasnt proven his worth as a coach by now, nothing will impres you I guess. Maybe if the Bison are cutting down the nets at us bank stadium in a few weeks, right?
    They are basically a .500 team. I think DR has at least some part in there being no seniors on this team. Yes they guys that are still around seem to get along well but there has been guys over the past few years that he recruited that aren't here for various reasons. The Summit was down this year, and they beat the teams in front of them to get to the tournament but no I don't think he has proven himself yet.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Lmao....thats all

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

So stupid. 2 years ago ndsu finishes 2nd in conference and shits the bed in first round and people say regular season doesn't matter it's all about the tournament. This year they shit the bed during regular season, pulls it together and has a damn impressive run to win the conference tourney, and the regular season is what matters and not the tournsment. You don't get to have it both ways football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    So stupid. 2 years ago ndsu finishes 2nd in conference and shits the bed in first round and people say regular season doesn't matter it's all about the tournament. This year they shit the bed during regular season, pulls it together and has a damn impressive run to win the conference tourney, and the regular season is what matters and not the tournsment. You don't get to have it both ways football fans.
    What’s funnier: watching the ‘Fire Richman’ group have to explain away winning the championship, or watching the ‘Extend Richman’ group beat their chest about a season where we end up one game above .500 against D1 competition?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What’s funnier: watching the ‘Fire Richman’ group have to explain away winning the championship, or watching the ‘Extend Richman’ group beat their chest about a season where we end up one game above .500 against D1 competition?
    Answer: Yes.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    They are basically a .500 team. I think DR has at least some part in there being no seniors on this team. Yes they guys that are still around seem to get along well but there has been guys over the past few years that he recruited that aren't here for various reasons. The Summit was down this year, and they beat the teams in front of them to get to the tournament but no I don't think he has proven himself yet.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I agree. Last night was fun and they earned it but this is not a great team. Unless they end up in Dayton for the play-ins, the next game is going to be an absolute bloodbath. I find it hard to get very excited for that. They need a solid year next year for me to get back on the Richman bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I agree. Last night was fun and they earned it but this is not a great team. Unless they end up in Dayton for the play-ins, the next game is going to be an absolute bloodbath. I find it hard to get very excited for that. They need a solid year next year for me to get back on the Richman bandwagon.
    I don't know, guys. Great team, like they can win next week? No. But, I watched them, in person, these last three games and I saw a ton of talent who is finally figuring it out. These guys have the capability of being scary good next year if they can get the inside game going even better than we just saw.

Larsen will give Dave an extension. No way would he leave him coach the final year of his contract after winning the Summit tournament without knowing his future.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Larsen will give Dave an extension. No way would he leave him coach the final year of his contract after winning the Summit tournament without knowing his future.
    I do not disagree with this, but the big question is how long of an extension? 2 years? 3 years? More?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'd say 2-3 years. He was on pretty thin ice, so hard to go 5 in my mind.....I just hope he keeps doing whatever clicked for him late this year and keeps killing recruiting.