Page 4 of 365 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    To me the ETSU game was more frustrating, they are a solid but not exactly elite mid-major and we never really challenged them. Oddly when Saul left, Forbes who coaches ETSU is a guy I thought the school should have looked at. I fully expected Gonzaga would blow our doors off but like everyone has said when Samuelson is leading the team in minutes and even the Gonzaga announcers are wondering what is going on with Gue, it just adds to the pile of concerns I have regarding the direction of this team. These concerns started with how Richman played Dex and his love affair with the weave offense.

If we make change I fully expect Larsen to make a splashy hire, it will likely be his first major hire and no doubt he will want to make his mark. I think Richman has been a tough issue for him, Dave had a lot of success early and has progressively fallen off track. I don't think he is still here because the athletic departmetn is cheap, they gave him a final shot that could be argued he deserves. I think that will be looked at favorably by potential coaches if we go in a new direction.
    Actually, that's a really good point.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I havent read the whole thread, and havent watched many games this year yet...theres 2 burgundy posts in this thread and neither of them are defending the coach. That says enough for me.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I haven't really watched at all this year and I have no inside information and I'm not a great basketball mind. That said, watching him coach and the body language of the team, it just doesn't seem like they want to play for him. He just looks like he's really grumpy and it seems like he beats them down, again just a feeling and could be completely off. That style might have worked 20-30 years ago, but I just don't see it now. Is this the final year of his contract or is there one more year?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I haven't really watched at all this year and I have no inside information and I'm not a great basketball mind. That said, watching him coach and the body language of the team, it just doesn't seem like they want to play for him. He just looks like he's really grumpy and it seems like he beats them down, again just a feeling and could be completely off. That style might have worked 20-30 years ago, but I just don't see it now. Is this the final year of his contract or is there one more year?
    I think that this will be the end of the Tim Miles coaching tree at NDSU
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

This team will be 2-10

You'd think that would be enough.

But mr stony brook is so small time, he won't even call a FBS conference commissioner. Let alone fire a coach

Sad really
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I havent read the whole thread, and havent watched many games this year yet...theres 2 burgundy posts in this thread and neither of them are defending the coach. That says enough for me.
    I'm with you. I don't care for Dave's coaching style or personnel decisions but I'll give him credit for some of the talent he's brought in. I've also refrained from attacking him because he's gone above and beyond for a family member who's had some health issues. Dave's a good guy. BUT, the trend is not good. I question the interaction with players and assistant coaches. The kids look like they are pressing and frustrated. They play tight. The exception was the UCSB game, which was a joy to watch. I don't have a problem with the attrition (except for the starting guard who's now on the west coast). Most of those kids weren't D-1 players. I'm concerned we'll lose some current players with upside after this season. There's nothing to indicate we'll get better as the season progresses because that hasn't happened under Dave's watch. Really frustrating to see the same thing every year. Sucks talking about replacing a coach due to poor results as opposed to moving on to a bigger, better opportunity.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I dunno. I've been bummed at the crickets from the athletics dept through all this. But I can see Richman's seat going to boiling hot over night if we keep losing in the manner we are. Let's say a 15 point loss to USD and a 10 point loss to IPFW, both at home in front of 300 fans and the band... That might actually wake Matt Larson up as to the basketball woes.

I'm probably off on my timing though. Richman wouldn't get let go before the FCS championship, assuming we're still in it. If somehow we're eliminated from the championship, Richman might really be in trouble as the Athletics dept will be in a sour mood to begin with.
    I highly doubt anything will be done in season

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I also think NDSUstudent is on to something with Matt Larsen most likely wanting to make a splash with a hire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The thing with Richman is he’s all about himself. His personality and all-important self is easy to see through. The way he talks and represents himself is telling. He’s the most important guy in the room, just ask him.

I personally can not stand the guy—but that’s just me. They way he talks?? Good God already... can’t see how a college kids relates if they have any sense of self-respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I get the feeling that when he got this job it went to his head. He's from here and knows how big NDSU is around this area and now he's the big man on campus. He's always rubbed me the wrong way to with the way he holds himself and the way he talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The thing with Richman is he’s all about himself. His personality and all-important self is easy to see through. The way he talks and represents himself is telling. He’s the most important guy in the room, just ask him.

I personally can not stand the guy—but that’s just me. They way he talks?? Good God already... can’t see how a college kids relates if they have any sense of self-respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk