Page 92 of 365 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Now on another thread, he is an expert on football.
    Oh stop, Im blushing. I really dont know much, I just looked at the college football awards and saw that Clemson was the college football National Champion and NDSU was the National Champion of something called FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I wasn’t lauding his prowess, I was giving you info on my BB experience.

If you’re still trying for that net-touch, mini-trampolines help. But box the fuck out when you miss please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boxing out is something they better improve on for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Oh stop, Im blushing. I really dont know much, I just looked at the college football awards and saw that Clemson was the college football National Champion and NDSU was the National Champion of something called FBS.
    We can agree on this part.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    DR needs to improve in off-season just as much as players. Is their actually a name to whatever we run on offense?

And don’t take that a negative, I just don’t see a lot of creativity or of-ball movement, which I prefer over pass, pass .... pass .... 3 Bomb.

So while your're pilling on Johnny, NDSU ran a version of the flex offense quite a bit tonight. It was a staple of Saul's playbook a few years ago. There are options off the top of that offense that can result in an isolation or pick and roll/pop with a point guard which shahid used multiple times.

There were also times that NDSU was scattered and did not even get in to an offense due to Duke's on ball defense. I credit them and obviously Tre Jones as they are elite on-ball defenders.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    So while your're pilling on Johnny, NDSU ran a version of the flex offense quite a bit tonight. It was a staple of Saul's playbook a few years ago. There are options off the top of that offense that can result in an isolation or pick and roll/pop with a point guard which shahid used multiple times.

There were also times that NDSU was scattered and did not even get in to an offense due to Duke's on ball defense. I credit them and obviously Tre Jones as they are elite on-ball defenders.
    Yep, it's not like football when you call the play in the huddle. Dukes length, ball pressure and athleticism on defense in the 2nd half kept us from getting into our offensive sets. They harassed the ball and when we picked up our dribble they took away the passing lanes so there was nobody open to pass the ball to. Great defense by superior athletes!
    Last edited by semobison; 03-23-2019 at 03:33 PM.

I would have liked to see some real screens to help releave the pressure. Never been a fan of the slip screen 'everytime'. When the pressure is that tight they aren't going to find you on the slip.

Is that a coach call or the screeners? I am really not sure, but I would have stopped the slip screens. We have done a ton of that since Saul's days. We can go what seems like days without a real screen.

Minor gripe and more of a basketball question.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I would have liked to see some real screens to help releave the pressure. Never been a fan of the slip screen 'everytime'. When the pressure is that tight they aren't going to find you on the slip.

Is that a coach call or the screeners? I am really not sure, but I would have stopped the slip screens. We have done a ton of that since Saul's days. We can go what seems like days without a real screen.

Minor gripe and more of a basketball question.
    This is where I am at.

And, yes, Semo, I understand the length/athleticism part. In fact, while we TV watchers were bumming on all the “open” but missed 3’s and some other FG attempts, Im guessing the “look” to our players on the floor was a bit different than our angle. Length/athleticism can change arc and speed of shot.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's face it. That was a match up of two incredibly different basketball "programs" last night. It was also a match up of high elite vs. well, not players. Against those odds, our boys actually performed well for most of the first half and a couple of mini stretches of the second half. During absolutely none of that time did the Bison not look incredibly overmatched, even when out-rebounding and out-scoring Duke.

To me, the only explanation is coaching and player heart. Coach had a defensive scheme in the first half that gave Duke fits. (Imagine writing something so stupid a few short years ago!!) It was the exact right way to play them. Obviously, Coach K (the best college BB coach in the post-Wooden era) made some small adjustments at halftime and things turned around. We weren't able to make adjustments and the wheels fell off. Regarding player heart, you've gotta credit some of that to DR as well. They believed in themselves and gave it everything that they had. Kids just don't do that for bad or even mediocre coaches.

I feel like DR has turned a corner. I'm actually looking forward to more BB in the coming years.
    Insert something clever here...

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Let's face it. That was a match up of two incredibly different basketball "programs" last night. It was also a match up of high elite vs. well, not players. Against those odds, our boys actually performed well for most of the first half and a couple of mini stretches of the second half. During absolutely none of that time did the Bison not look incredibly overmatched, even when out-rebounding and out-scoring Duke.

To me, the only explanation is coaching and player heart. Coach had a defensive scheme in the first half that gave Duke fits. (Imagine writing something so stupid a few short years ago!!) It was the exact right way to play them. Obviously, Coach K (the best college BB coach in the post-Wooden era) made some small adjustments at halftime and things turned around. We weren't able to make adjustments and the wheels fell off. Regarding player heart, you've gotta credit some of that to DR as well. They believed in themselves and gave it everything that they had. Kids just don't do that for bad or even mediocre coaches.

I feel like DR has turned a corner. I'm actually looking forward to more BB in the coming years.
    Duke got a lot of the same looks in the 2nd half as they had in the first. They just made them. Even up in the first half, our boys didn’t look like they were leading. It is what it is but to say they never looked overmatched isn’t a true observation in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Duke got a lot of the same looks in the 2nd half as they had in the first. They just made them. Even up in the first half, our boys didn’t look like they were leading. It is what it is but to say they never looked overmatched isn’t a true observation in my opinion.
    Especially when it came to defensive pressure.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif