Page 50 of 368 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Come on now. Tyson Ward missed the front end of a 1&1, Vinnie turned over an inbound pass, and Rocky missed from the line, all in the last 30 seconds. Any of those 3 prevent the loss. Coaching didn’t lose that game.
    How about letting SDSU roll the ball up court multiple times to save time while trailing? How about not stressing to use a TO to get the ball in bounds if you need to? Is that on the players or the coach?? You can say that about every game. You can say coaching didn't win any game too. Aren't the coaches supposed to be coaching the players to execute in those situations? So at what point does the lack of execution from the players fall on the coaching staff? If the players you recruited and coach don't get the job done that's ultimately on you.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How about letting SDSU roll the ball up court multiple times to save time while trailing? How about not stressing to use a TO to get the ball in bounds if you need to? Is that on the players or the coach?? You can say that about every game. You can say coaching didn't win any game too. Aren't the coaches supposed to be coaching the players to execute in those situations? So at what point does the lack of execution from the players fall on the coaching staff? If the players you recruited and coach don't get the job done that's ultimately on you.
    Allowing them to roll the ball up court was coaching? You're telling me that Vinnie would have got benched for pressuring the ball and forcing the clock to start? Ya, right! I thought that was stupid to allow them to roll the ball up, but I blame the players for that.

Richman in the huddle, "When they throw the ball in to you Vinnie, let it go out of bounds off your hands." "Tyson, the game is in hand, try to miss the front end of the bonus here". "Rocky, shank this one, let's see if they can hit from half court." "Hey, let them save time rolling the ball up the court. Don't you dare pressure the ball or you'll be sitting by me."

___

Wow, terrible coaching my Richman! I can't believe he orchestrate all those things! . . . you are an idiot if you believe that.

Allowing them to roll the ball up court was coaching? You're telling me that Vinnie would have got benched for pressuring the ball and forcing the clock to start? Ya, right! I thought that was stupid to allow them to roll the ball up, but I blame the players for that.

Richman in the huddle, "When they throw the ball in to you Vinnie, let it go out of bounds off your hands." "Tyson, the game is in hand, try to miss the front end of the bonus here". "Rocky, shank this one, let's see if they can hit from half court." "Hey, let them save time rolling the ball up the court. Don't you dare pressure the ball or you'll be sitting by me."

___

Wow, terrible coaching my Richman! I can't believe he orchestrate all those things! . . . you are an idiot if you believe that.
    Are you even comprehending what I am getting at? Don't you think after we let them roll it up court the first time maybe Richman should have said "Hey lets make sure they have to play the ball full court here"? Or are you saying he does those things but the players just blow him off, in which case he apparently has lost the team already.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Honestly, if we can't run it Thur-Sunday then this isn't a bad idea. The negative would for the teams in the final.as they would have to sit around SF for another couple days. On the flip side, that also gives teams time to heal up and put their best product on the floor.
    What should the fans who choose to attend the entire tournament do with a multiple day layover until the championship game?
    Also, never understood the desire to have your championship game on a Sunday. Basketball is a sport played seven days a week, on a Sunday you are going up against the NBA and NHL who are featuring their game of the week on Sunday afternoons, Sunday is the day for the PGA and nascar, and also some major college basketball matchups on Sunday. On a weeknight if something spectacular happens in the championship game the SLT will grab all the headlines and be the talk of sports talk radio for that 24 hour news cycle.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

___

This one of the worst statements I've heard....this is 100% coaching. It's the coach making the call on whether to apply pressure full court or half court and for whatever reason I've watched our coaches wave at our players to stay back on that. This is one of my biggest complaints from that game but don't you even dare try to blame that on the players, that's all on the coaching staff telling the guys to stay back and not get beat.

I guess I don't understand why some believe Richman is a good coach with a 91-64 (58.7%) record so far. Maybe it's a difference in expectations but if that was the winning percentage for Bison football after 5 years the fans would be screaming bloody murder.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This one of the worst statements I've heard....this is 100% coaching. It's the coach making the call on whether to apply pressure full court or half court and for whatever reason I've watched our coaches wave at our players to stay back on that. This is one of my biggest complaints from that game but don't you even dare try to blame that on the players, that's all on the coaching staff telling the guys to stay back and not get beat.
    Absolutely correct

1) I don't think Dave is a good coach.

2) The pissing and whining about letting SDSU rolling the ball up is f'n ridiculous and ignorant. Some of the best coaches in the country let teams troll the ball up because they are protecting against high quality shots. Bill Self does that. Bo Ryan did that. Top 25 programs every year do that. Spreading the entire basketball court creates space in the halfcourt. Some of you people need to step outside your North Dakota basketball bubble and actually see how the game is played across the country,

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I guess I don't understand why some believe Richman is a good coach with a 91-64 (58.7%) record so far. Maybe it's a difference in expectations but if that was the winning percentage for Bison football after 5 years the fans would be screaming bloody murder.
    Saul had an overall record of 134-83 at NDSU.

Miles was 99-71 at NDSU. NDSU was transitioning to D1 during his time.

As you have stated above Dave sits at 91-64. Pretty similar records to the guys above, although difficult to compare Miles to either Saul or Dave since there were a lot more hurdles for Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Saul had an overall record of 134-83 at NDSU.

Miles was 99-71 at NDSU. NDSU was transitioning to D1 during his time.

As you have stated above Dave sits at 91-64. Pretty similar records to the guys above, although difficult to compare Miles to either Saul or Dave since there were a lot more hurdles for Miles.
    Thanks, that gives me some perspective.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix