Page 40 of 368 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    A Tim Miles hire would be a transcending hire that would ignite the fan base and alumni unlike virtually any realistic candidate available. He is also the one hire who immediately puts butts in the $eats in the form of season tickets. The success of NDSU basketball will determine where we land in any future realignment. We have had the best run in DI college football maybe ever and it hasn't done a damn thing to improve our conference home. We are still stuck in a low major conference. Finally, with the Dome situation being what it is, Any future growth in the Athletic department will have to come from Men's basketball. If Mile's is the guy to lead that transformation, then we have find a way to get the deal done. If UNI did it with Jacobson, then we can do it here.

I would love Miles to come back but come on we all know that won't happen if for some dumb reason he's given the boot from Lincoln he'll get an offer from a program higher than NDSU.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Just did a quick check of the UNI basketball attendance.

2018-19 (thus far): 3,539. Won-Lost (thus far): 11-15.
    2017-18: 4,090. Won-Lost: 16-16.
    2016-17: 4,536. Won-Lost: 14-16.
    2015-16: 5,379. Won-Lost: 23-13.

Cy.....Other than the obvious W-L slipping under .500 after the 15-16 season, are there any other factors that are causing this downward trend?

That was my point. I don't think UNI has such a great commitment to basketball. Overall, they just haven't been able to build the fan base, even during the best of times for them. They don't seem to do things that would be really good and easy, such as optimize social media. The lack of announcements about events sometimes is amazing.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Things are starting to trend towards Rich getting a small extension. Dont shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Things are starting to trend towards Rich getting a small extension. Dont shoot the messenger.
    Dave is that you?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Sucks, but most likely happening.

Define small. I would think that if he's extended it'll be for 4 years. You generally don't see college head coaches only sign 1 or 2 year deals when they're in the final year of their contract. Maybe NDSU can get some language into the contract to give them a " cheap out" after 2 years or something but I'd guess that they're either not renewing him or re-upping for 4 years.

FWIW I think the jury is very much still out. They could ride this momentum into the SL tournament or, given their schedule, they could finish the regular season on a 4 game slide. I said the same thing when a bunch of people on here were calling for an immediate dismissal about a month ago... just let the season play out and make the decision based on the entire season. NDSU wouldn't have gained anything by firing him a month ago and they're not going to gain anything but extending him right now.

They've won 5 straight against the worst of the Summit League. Let's see how they do over the last 4 games and in the tourney.

I've made my opinion on the state of both BB programs known to the AD and I would hope everyone else has as well.

If he were to get in extension wouldn't there have been some small mention of it already. If they extend him season ticket holders will drop even more dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    They've won 5 straight against the worst of the Summit League. Let's see how they do over the last 4 games and in the tourney.

I've made my opinion on the state of both BB programs known to the AD and I would hope everyone else has as well.
    What would have been your response if they lost those games? Ask Denver and SD if they want NDSU record right now? And they were both picked high (over NDSU) in the summit league pre-season poll.

#1. A couple of weeks ago most thought this team would not win the four away games because they had only won 1 away game prior.
    #2. Then......some said, lets see how they play against ORU

Now it's lets see how they play against the remaining 4 teams on their schedule. Let's be honest SDSU is good. They only lost 2 summit league games (only 6 total loses). Ohama and PFW have some tough senior leadership and players.

So what do they have to do? If they lose to SDSU by 5 points are they legit? If they go to OT and lose are they legit? or do they need to just flat out win?

On January 14th the team was 8-10 (2-2) w/ a brutal November stretch, they are now 14-12 (8-4)

They are a way different team than November and December. They are winning the games they should win (it's not their fault some of the teams they are playing are struggling). For a team with no seniors and really no star power I'll take the wins.

Of course those remaining games are tough and I am hoping they do well because they could have easily given up. Despite how you feel or your "I spoke to the AD..." at least support the young men. Maybe your support and encouragement could help them in those remaining games and continue to build their confidence.

I am not attacking your post per se but this seems to be the thought process of most people on this board...."won vs. bad teams let's see how they do against...."
    Last edited by Bisonnation06; 02-15-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    If he were to get in extension wouldn't there have been some small mention of it already. If they extend him season ticket holders will drop even more dramatically
    No not necessarily.