Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    NDSU doesn't have enough money to make phone calls? Obviously Miles wouldn't be a guarantee to comeback, but a nationwide search should be done to bring in the best candidates. My opinion is that Miles would be the first call I would make. If Saul's available, he would be worth a call as well. I'd also look around at top assistants in Power 5 programs.
    never said anything about phone calls, but I doubt Miles comes back for the little money we can offer, ha can get better jobs

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Miles was being hailed like a Messiah not too long ago. Well, I guess even Jesus got crucified.
    Miles gets another year...…..it's Lincoln, NEBRASKA, not Lawrence, Kansas. Nebraska has no history of success, no bb culture, no NOTHING regarding anything basketball. Husker fans should be thankful they have a coach with his passion. Next season, if his stud player is healthy, who knows what will happen. I have to admit I love the idea of him returning to NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ we don't have enough
    Would Miles come back for a 500k base with attractive incentives for hitting certain goals? I'm betting he would especially if he gets fired and receives a heavy buyout. Season ticket sales would blow through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Does Miles get another shot at a Power Conf school? I assume Nebraska is a hard school to recruit to for BBall, but they do have some nice facilities
    I doubt a P5 would take him right away if he was let go. Mtn West maybe

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Miles gets another year...…..it's Lincoln, NEBRASKA, not Lawrence, Kansas. Nebraska has no history of success, no bb culture, no NOTHING regarding anything basketball. Husker fans should be thankful they have a coach with his passion. Next season, if his stud player is healthy, who knows what will happen. I have to admit I love the idea of him returning to NDSU.
    He is at least putting them in the bubble. If hes back he'll have to get them to the dance next year. He has upped their recruiting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    He is at least putting them in the bubble. If hes back he'll have to get them to the dance next year. He has upped their recruiting a bit.
    Miles is a fine coach, Nebraska is a hard place to win give him 2-3 more years.

1. Miles getting fired at Nebraska would be the “Glen Mason effect” in action.

2. That guy is never coming back to Fargo unless we make some UNI-type commitment to basketball. Fun to dream though

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Miles is a fine coach, Nebraska is a hard place to win give him 2-3 more years.
    Yeah it will be tough for them to do this season. Got a much needed win tonight vs the Gophers

Nebraska just lost seven straight games and the media and fans want to burn him at the stake in Lincoln. Take our fan base’s frustration with Richman and triple it. I spend a lot of time in Lincoln and rarely hear anyone say anything positive about Miles. Sucks but it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Would Miles come back for a 500k base with attractive incentives for hitting certain goals? I'm betting he would especially if he gets fired and receives a heavy buyout. Season ticket sales would blow through the roof.
    $500k??? Richman doesn't even get half of that base, how do you think we can afford that?