Page 48 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Saul or Miles.....which one pops up on ML's radar first after DR isn't given a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Saul or Miles.....which one pops up on ML's radar first after DR isn't given a contract?
    I think both become available...unfortunately. Both are amazing men. I think Saul may be an option. Made great money, but not F you money. Tim can and will do whatever he wants. I think he goes to TV immediately, like even this year, for tourney time. He will kill it. He has enough to sit out of the game until the correct option comes up.

I also think there is about a 90% chance Dave is back. I have no idea if that means an extension.....so he could get upset about not getting one (like Tim did this year) and that could cause a problem. WIll be interesting for sure. Like I said repeatedly...this team has some talent. Been fun to see them play together and get better.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I think both become available...unfortunately. Both are amazing men. I think Saul may be an option. Made great money, but not F you money. Tim can and will do whatever he wants. I think he goes to TV immediately, like even this year, for tourney time. He will kill it. He has enough to sit out of the game until the correct option comes up.

I also think there is about a 90% chance Dave is back. I have no idea if that means an extension.....so he could get upset about not getting one (like Tim did this year) and that could cause a problem. WIll be interesting for sure. Like I said repeatedly...this team has some talent. Been fun to see them play together and get better.
    DR signed a five year contract, effective July 1st, 2014. By my North Dakota State University math, that means his contract expires July 1st of this year. DR would have to get an extension in order to be back next season. Unless I missed something like a previous extension or restructuring of the contract.

Kolpack's article from DR's hire:
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/con...all-coach-ndsu

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    DR signed a five year contract, effective July 1st, 2014. By my North Dakota State University math, that means his contract expires July 1st of this year. DR would have to get an extension in order to be back next season. Unless I missed something like a previous extension or restructuring of the contract.

I don't want to put words into Burgundy's mouth, but think he meant a long term vs short term deal. For the love of God, if he is retained, it should be a 1 year deal.....if Dave gets upset, he can walk. (He was already a lame duck, so think that negates why you typically give a longer deal (ie recruiting).)

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post

I could very easily see a situation where he gets extended 2 years, instead of it getting to a point where July 1st rolls around and they either have to re-sign a new contract and the school/Dave would move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I could very easily see a situation where he gets extended 2 years, instead of it getting to a point where July 1st rolls around and they either have to re-sign a new contract and the school/Dave would move on.
    Any decision to me made needs to be done at the end of the basketball season. July 1st most coaches will have received new jobs. Dave can stay on payroll until then and you can bring in a new coach on April 2nd the night after the title game. If he is gone you can not wait until July.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Any decision to me made needs to be done at the end of the basketball season. July 1st most coaches will have received new jobs. Dave can stay on payroll until then and you can bring in a new coach on April 2nd the night after the title game. If he is gone you can not wait until July.
    Possibly the lack of movement on this front means they have already discussed internally his future with the program and are waiting till later to focus on details.

I am 99% sure that both women's and men's programs have coaches with contracts through the end of NEXT season. I wouldn't bet my kids on that, but I am pretty sure I am correct on that. The programs are not even close right now. ONe is very competitive, one is slightly below D3 rock bottom and become a public embarrassment.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am 99% sure that both women's and men's programs have coaches with contracts through the end of NEXT season. I wouldn't bet my kids on that, but I am pretty sure I am correct on that. The programs are not even close right now. ONe is very competitive, one is slightly below D3 rock bottom and become a public embarrassment.
    I think it may be a good thing that you didn't bet your kids. I wouldn't want them anyway as I have two problems of my own.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think it may be a good thing that you didn't bet your kids. I wouldn't want them anyway as I have two problems of my own.
    Richman signed a letter of agreement for a five-year contract that on July 1 will start at $190,000 per year.
    And Walseth reportedly signed a 6 year deal in 2014:
    Walseth and NDSU finalized a six-year contract in November of 2014 that was signed by former women's athletic director Lynn Dorn and current university president Dean Bresciani. There may be a lesson there. At the time, it was the longest term contract by any NDSU coach in history until football coach Chris Klieman signed a six-year extension in January of 2016.
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ison-athletics