Page 55 of 367 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Need a new coach. And new players.
    There's no need to disrespect the student athletes, 3 years of poor leadership has hurt them a lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Are you kidding me with this shit? Coach is out there tanking games to prove a point to BV. Either support the team or don’t. You’ve done nothing but bitch for 3 months and post nonsense. Once a Bison always a Bison....until it doesn’t fit your bullshit narrative. See you at the SL Tourney...oh wait, you won’t bother showing up for that because it’s a commitment beyond banging out BS posts at keyboard.
    Tanking games? He is stubborn to a fault, look at what he has done to Gue...at times his minutes and the way he yanks him in out and of games is borderline coaching malpractice. I have been to the SL tournament four times and more Bison basketball games than I could possibly count, so you better damn well believe I am entitled to whatever opinion I have. I have a tremendous passion for this program and watching its current direction sucks.

Narrative? I gave Richman four years and I have had enough. I like this team, love watching them play but the coaching has left a lot to be desired the past few years.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Need a new coach. And new players.
    Disagree, Talent is there the utilization and development isn't.

the talent is there but he just does not seem to know how to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    Agree 100%

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonnation06 View Post
    But Geu has got to stop turning the ball over. Quite frankly it's killing this team. He is averaging 1.8 TO per game while averaging under 20 minutes (team averages just 10 TO/game) and he is committing 2.2 fouls per game. Teams have figured deng out defensively. I don't think I've ever seen him pass out of a double team ever. As much as fans talk about players offensive production we need to look at body of work. Deng is a great player with lots of upside but as a redshirt Junior this late in the year the total body of work needs to get better.
    Blaming Gue? Seriously! I would love to see his plus/minus. My guess is he would be first or second on the team. Also you make a point for DR being a bad coach. If Gue is not improving on the things you mentioned isn’t that in the Head Coach? Personally I think Dave has done a terrible job of developing talent. Ward by now should be avg 16-19 a game and Gue should be a very good summit player. Where is Hunters development? Jacobson? The list goes on and on. Gue Hunter and Eady should be playing a ton more. But DR is stubborn and plays favorites that aren’t nearly as good or talented. I personally am tired of watching this BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    Losing Meidinger hurt. Richman effed up by under recruiting (or under retaining) his big men to the point where one injury forced a bastardized rotation and the lack of size/rebounding has hurt them considerably this year. Now of course a little creativity could've worked around that better but that's another story altogether.

I stand by the opinion that this team can/should be a Summit League title contender next year if they can retain their contributors and add a healthy 7 footer into the rotation (along with possibly Odell Wilson) allowing players to quit playing out of position so, among others, Deng can play his natural 4 more often and Griesel can play his natural 3 more often.

Give them a coach with a fresh perspective and some creativity and I have a lot of optimism about the direction of the program.

EDIT: Just a presumptive depth chart for next year.

PG: Shahid
    SG: Ward
    SF: Griesel
    PF: Geu
    C: Kreuser

Primary bench: Hunter, Samuelson, Eady, Meidinger
    Depth: Cook, Horn, Quayle, Knotek, Wilson

Still don't know how Christenson fits into there... I'd guess at least 1 or 2 of the current players are gone next year especially if there's a coaching change. But that's a pretty good lineup if you ask me considering this year is was good enough to be top half of the conference with no depth at the 4 and 5. All 5 starters can shoot the 3 (hopefully Griesel improves a bit in this area) and the first three players off the bench can shoot the 3. Good size in the starting lineup 2 through 5. Great depth in the backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Losing Meidinger hurt. Richman effed up by under recruiting (or under retaining) his big men to the point where one injury forced a bastardized rotation and the lack of size/rebounding has hurt them considerably this year. Now of course a little creativity could've worked around that better but that's another story altogether.

I stand by the opinion that this team can/should be a Summit League title contender next year if they can retain their contributors and add a healthy 7 footer into the rotation (along with possibly Odell Wilson) allowing players to quit playing out of position so, among others, Deng can play his natural 4 more often and Griesel can play his natural 3 more often.

Give them a coach with a fresh perspective and some creativity and I have a lot of optimism about the direction of the program.

EDIT: Just a presumptive depth chart for next year.

PG: Shahid
    SG: Ward
    SF: Griesel
    PF: Geu
    C: Kreuser

Primary bench: Hunter, Samuelson, Eady, Meidinger
    Depth: Cook, Horn, Quayle, Knotek, Wilson

Still don't know how Christenson fits into there... I'd guess at least 1 or 2 of the current players are gone next year especially if there's a coaching change. But that's a pretty good lineup if you ask me considering this year is was good enough to be top half of the conference with no depth at the 4 and 5. All 5 starters can shoot the 3 (hopefully Griesel improves a bit in this area) and the first three players off the bench can shoot the 3. Good size in the starting lineup 2 through 5. Great depth in the backcourt.
    Your plan has two big men. Dave says a mid major can't win with two big plan. This goes against his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Your plan has two big men. Dave says a mid major can't win with two big plan. This goes against his plan.
    wait, wait, wait...………….maybe you're overlooking something...….

Perhaps Chaos is fixin' to write a big 'ol check.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    DR must have a short memory and forgot that NDSU started these two guys together for multiple seasons not that long ago:

IMO that team did alright, but DR obviously knows best.