Page 6 of 365 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I'm just gonna be flat out honest Dave needs to go. I've supported him as long as I possibly can but I love NDSU hoops too much to see him keep driving this program into the ground. The sad part is we've brought in some great talent, just looking at this year with Griesel and Cook, those were huge gets for us but as far as the actual play on the court goes I can say with 100% confidence I could coach better than what he's doing. We are a talented young team, we are going to make mistakes but we are athletic, we got guys that can shoot, we've got 3 or 4 guys that can get to the rim, the problem is our offensive system is so broken that we can't take advantage of any of it. I run a more productive offense with my 5th grade girls team than he does with a D1 program, it's sad. The crazier part is we have 3 assistant coaches that are either also too blind to see it or Dave has limited their ability to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    The attrition really isnt that high considering all the guys that did leave are D2 players. Kabellis is reslly the only player thst has left to a program peer and he has no made much of a production impact for them. Richmans recruits just maybe arent very good.
    Miller has played 4 min for Mankato thus far

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The arena was supposed to help with recruiting. Nothing has really changed in the Richman era. Players come here start out looking like they have potential but then end up at the same level as they were when they first arrived.

This team has regressed every year since he took over.

It sucks to say it because he was very nice and respectful the time I talked to him.
    The fella that watches the CFL

How can SDSU get really good coaches to come to Brookings and live and work there. Yes I know they are better in BB than we are currently. Even USD has had better coaches recently as well. What is NDSU administration missing when it comes to BB programs?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    How can SDSU get really good coaches to come to Brookings and live and work there. Yes I know they are better in BB than we are currently. Even USD has had better coaches recently as well. What is NDSU administration missing when it comes to BB programs?
    We have an advantage in the arena, fanbase, and town yet we are a lagging still. Something is definitely wrong within the system at this point.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Tim and Saul were pretty good here.

USD sniped Smith, had Saul left a few weeks sooner things could be very different.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I have a question----Why are we not able to get players who can play right away???? The bigs can recruit players who can start from jump street at that level. Why cant NDSU get players that can play from day one at this level? Why do they always have to develop for a couple of years and still be limited on playing time?
    Its freaking basketball for shit sake. You put the ball in the hoop. There are thousands of players out there that can do that. JFC why is it so difficult here??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So far into the ground I swear I randomly hear people speaking Chinese. I ranted at the end of last season that I had no hope for this year's team with Richman at the helm and quite frankly can't bring myself to watch this product. It's just too painful. Change can't come soon enough. I want our men's program in the conversation for a tournament bid every year and I don't believe Dave is the guy that can get that done.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

All I hear is culture when richman talks.... I believe the football program can speak about culture.... The basketball team uhhh idk... Years of success or a new coach can speak about culture bison basketball has had flashes of success .... Not a storied past.... I'll still be in my courtside seats wishing and hoping for success.... I think that this thread is bit o er the top reaction after getting thumped by the best team in the land though

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    All I hear is culture when richman talks.... I believe the football program can speak about culture.... The basketball team uhhh idk... Years of success or a new coach can speak about culture bison basketball has had flashes of success .... Not a storied past.... I'll still be in my courtside seats wishing and hoping for success.... I think that this thread is bit o er the top reaction after getting thumped by the best team in the land though
    We got thumped by New Mexico State and Eastern TN State. We were utterly humiliated by Gonzaga. No one expected us to win that one. But we shouldnt have been down by 40 after 29 minutes of play.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.