Page 79 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    Remember though that was another game that we got outcoached and squandered a big lead in the 2nd half.
    We lost because our guys couldn't make their free throws and the Jacks threw in a prayer. I don't get this squandering a lead BS. I knew the Jacks were going to make a run. Basketball is a game of runs. I'm not faulting DR for slowing things down with a lead. If we would have stayed aggressive and missed shots early in the possession people would be complaining about that too.
    DR is going to get another year. I was in the get rid of him camp back around mid season. The way the team has responded he deserves it. But, there will be more pressure to win next season as we are to be likely favorites to win the conference. If the team falters we can have this conversation all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I get that but there are still a lot of people that know they are right about Richman even if he wins.
    In what sense, that this program has been run into the ground, even though it's playing for a conference tournament bid tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    Remember though that was another game that we got outcoached and squandered a big lead in the 2nd half.
    Who cares what f'n happened then. I guarantee you the Jacks would reverse that shot in the second if it means they are playing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    lol at people here hoping for an NDSU loss just so they can say they were somehow right about Richman. You know who you are.
    I can't speak for other DR critics, but as posted previously (under this thread?), I'd love us to win tonight and would really love a good showing in the first game of the NCAA tourney--even if that secures Richman an extension. I want the Bison to win. Always. Without exception. I'm excited we're playing tonight for a chance to go to the tourney. To be clear, I want us to win.

But that doesn't mean DR is now some sort of great coach and all of the concern about him was misplaced. Even with the two Summit tourney wins, we are currently 15-15 against DI opponents this season. Last year we were 12-17 against DI opponents. What the hell kind of fan is someone who is okay with NDSU having that kind of record--especially right at a time that NDSU is trying to solidify its position as a national university with a legit midmajor sports program, worthy of donor investment and media attention? What kind of fan calls out other fans for lamenting this record and wanting something done about it? DR seems like a nice family guy and I wish him all the best. But if we are going to be a perinnial .500 team with a coach who takes from November to March every year to figure out rotations, I'm sorry but that's just not good enough for me.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

And by the way, if DR gets the extension and goes 24-9 or some such thing next year, he'll own me. I'll be converted, and nothing would make me happier. But criminey, even Culhane was wondering outloud on the radio why Geu was sitting down having just put up 10 points. Richman obviously has a logic sufficient for his own satisfaction as to why he does or doesn't do things. That's fine. But when even Culhane is being critical and wondering what the hell is going on, you can't say it's just a few malcontents on BV making noise.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with Pro Bum. I wanted him fired midway thru the season. I still think he really struggles with rotations and in game management. However, he has recruited a rather deep team and this conference tourney has been fun. He does deserve some credit for getting here as he did put this team together, but he needs to continue to improve. I still feel like the coaches underappreciated Werner and now Deng as they both need or needed more minutes.

I have to say I was never really impressed with Saul as I didn't think he maximized his talent either and struggled with the same things that DR does, but we were so talented that last year in kind of masked those issues. I thought Miles was a great coach and I loved Billeter who I take back in a heart beat.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I agree with Pro Bum. I wanted him fired midway thru the season. I still think he really struggles with rotations and in game management. However, he has recruited a rather deep team and this conference tourney has been fun. He does deserve some credit for getting here as he did put this team together, but he needs to continue to improve. I still feel like the coaches underappreciated Werner and now Deng as they both need or needed more minutes.

I have to say I was never really impressed with Saul as I didn't think he maximized his talent either and struggled with the same things that DR does, but we were so talented that last year in kind of masked those issues. I thought Miles was a great coach and I loved Billeter who I take back in a heart beat.
    you also got to keep in mind that he totally abanded what he was doing with this group for the year and a half prior midway thru this season-------think of where this team could be without wasting all that time on "positionless basketball"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    In what sense, that this program has been run into the ground, even though it's playing for a conference tournament bid tonight?
    I guess I wasn't responding about the program being run into the ground just that even if DR wins tonight there are plenty of people that still feel he is not the coach they want at NDSU. I don't think winning this game is going to change their minds and I don't think it should.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    3 title appearances in 5 years for DR. NDSU has been in 5 of the last 7. Seems to me they are putting themselves in pretty good shape come March more often then not. Certainly DR has things he can do better (still a fairly young HC) and who knows if he can lead this program to new heights (Im not 100% sold yet myself) but to say he has run this program into the ground??? Thats just absurd.
    Agreed, I know that is the feeling of a lot of people that follow Bison basketball. How many DI teams will or have earned the opportunity to play in a national tournament qualifying game? Very few, congratulations Bison!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Doubt they would have won their second game had SDSU not faltered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well last time they played SDSU it took a prayer from half court for them to win, so call me silly but I was expecting a competitive game.