Page 56 of 365 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    DR must have a short memory and forgot that NDSU started these two guys together for multiple seasons not that long ago:

IMO that team did alright, but DR obviously knows best.
    Yep, that is the very humorous part of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Losing Meidinger hurt. Richman effed up by under recruiting (or under retaining) his big men to the point where one injury forced a bastardized rotation and the lack of size/rebounding has hurt them considerably this year. Now of course a little creativity could've worked around that better but that's another story altogether.

I stand by the opinion that this team can/should be a Summit League title contender next year if they can retain their contributors and add a healthy 7 footer into the rotation (along with possibly Odell Wilson) allowing players to quit playing out of position so, among others, Deng can play his natural 4 more often and Griesel can play his natural 3 more often.

Give them a coach with a fresh perspective and some creativity and I have a lot of optimism about the direction of the program.

EDIT: Just a presumptive depth chart for next year.

PG: Shahid
    SG: Ward
    SF: Griesel
    PF: Geu
    C: Kreuser

Primary bench: Hunter, Samuelson, Eady, Meidinger
    Depth: Cook, Horn, Quayle, Knotek, Wilson

Still don't know how Christenson fits into there... I'd guess at least 1 or 2 of the current players are gone next year especially if there's a coaching change. But that's a pretty good lineup if you ask me considering this year is was good enough to be top half of the conference with no depth at the 4 and 5. All 5 starters can shoot the 3 (hopefully Griesel improves a bit in this area) and the first three players off the bench can shoot the 3. Good size in the starting lineup 2 through 5. Great depth in the backcourt.
    I like your lineup Hunter can come off the bench to give Sam a breather shift Tyson to the 3 so Vinnie and Cam can be out there at the same time.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would slightly agree with Dave if both were back to the basket players, but Kreuser is really more of an outside shooter so him and Geu fit perfect together. Both can step out and hit the three so they would play real well along side each other as is evident of the few minutes this season they have been on the floor together.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by professor chaos View Post
    losing meidinger hurt.

holy sh#t!
    Wtf happened?!!!?!!!!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

DR must have a short memory and forgot that NDSU started these two guys together for multiple seasons not that long ago:

Jesus the talent that team had would put a beat down on this team right now. Man has this program went downhill fast!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Your plan has two big men. Dave says a mid major can't win with two big plan. This goes against his plan.
    If Richman is the coach in 2019/20 I rescind my statement about NDSU being a SL title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    wait, wait, wait...………….maybe you're overlooking something...….

Perhaps Chaos is fixin' to write a big 'ol check.
    I donate online.

Look at all the fans in the stands!

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Look at all the fans in the stands!
    Average paid attendance this year was slightly over 2,000. If Dave is brought back next season will likely be between 15-1800. I'll highly consider moving my season tickets to my alma mater MSUM where I don't have to question every decision the head coach makes.

A guy I would like NDSU to take a good look at to replace Dave is Josh Vaughan (in picture by Marshall's left knee). He is currently at Dickinson State head coach. Doing well out there and also really like the way he coached the game when they played U of Jamestown. He had a engaging presence with the team. Seemed to be teaching at every opportunity and not just sulking on the sideline.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Tanking games? He is stubborn to a fault, look at what he has done to Gue...at times his minutes and the way he yanks him in out and of games is borderline coaching malpractice. I have been to the SL tournament four times and more Bison basketball games than I could possibly count, so you better damn well believe I am entitled to whatever opinion I have. I have a tremendous passion for this program and watching its current direction sucks.

Narrative? I gave Richman four years and I have had enough. I like this team, love watching them play but the coaching has left a lot to be desired the past few years.
    What he said.