Page 47 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

If you have not attended I highly recommend it’s a blast

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hard to commit so many days going to SF, if it was like Arch Madness with a Thursday-Sunday format(only the bottom feeders play Thursday) it would be a lot more traveling fan friendly.

The tournament is built to give the SD schools a massive advantage. I don't like it but it isn't going to change.
    The format is determined more by the NCAA and ESPN for being able to broadcast the championship games, if every tournament was Thurs-Sun half of the conference championship games wouldn't be televised. People take 4-5 days off to go to Frisco, leave Wednesday come back Sunday, this is no different, leave Saturday come back Wednesday. Tickets are also just as available to anybody, just like Frisco tickets are but Bison fans just don't jump on them and the SD schools do, that's literally the only reason it seems to favor them. It's 3 1/2 hours down the road, Frisco is what like 15? It's really not asking much.

QUICK" Name the last Quality win in last 5 years? the last quality Non Conference win?

the "Program" is under ground 4 feet. Time for New Blood, New Direction, New Excitement.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The format is determined more by the NCAA and ESPN for being able to broadcast the championship games, if every tournament was Thurs-Sun half of the conference championship games wouldn't be televised. People take 4-5 days off to go to Frisco, leave Wednesday come back Sunday, this is no different, leave Saturday come back Wednesday. Tickets are also just as available to anybody, just like Frisco tickets are but Bison fans just don't jump on them and the SD schools do, that's literally the only reason it seems to favor them. It's 3 1/2 hours down the road, Frisco is what like 15? It's really not asking much.
    This. If the tourney was in Fargo I seriously doubt it would be as big as it is in SF. Bison fans just aren't huge BB fans. Is what it is.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sioux Falls is fine, it disproportionality benefits the South Dakota Schools because of the scheduling. It is brutal for non local fans. I know we are selling our souls to get on ESPN but honestly, it's not worth it. The league has a product that is worthy of a better time slot then Tuesday. Like another poster said, run it like Arch Madness and attendence will go up plus it just makes for a more even playing field.

I don't think NCAA has any input other than getting it done so the bracket can be done in time on Selection Sunday. Also only three conference title games are played on the Sunday of Arch Madness, so there isn't this massive demand right now. Honeslty, I don't think the league gives a damn and they are fine with the SD schools having a huge advantage.

In my opinion going to Frisco is like a mini-vaction which includes a national championship, going to Sioux Falls is like taking time off to go to Fargo a few hunderd miles south. A much tougher sell but getting people to go to a semifinal and title game Saturday and Sunday is a much easier sell.

I love basketball, I have zero interest in going to SF and taking time off(I have been to SF several times). Would rather just hope the team makes the NCAA tournament and spend my money on that, an Arch Madness setup though would make me think about differently.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This. If the tourney was in Fargo I seriously doubt it would be as big as it is in SF. Bison fans just aren't huge BB fans. Is what it is.
    It wouldn't be. And this is why I laugh at NDSU fans who make fun of SDSU fans for not supporting their football team.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I love basketball, I have zero interest in going to SF and taking time off(I have been to SF several times). Would rather just hope the team makes the NCAA tournament and spend my money on that, an Arch Madness setup though would make me think about differently.
    You're just not as much of a basketball blowhard. much in the same way that SDSU fans aren't as much of a football blowhard. It's alright.

I know it's more convenient for the SD schools but this tournament is incredibly well run and is an absolute blast to attend. I go every year and every year I'm disappointed in the showing by Bison fans. It's a quick trip down, tickets are affordable and the energy in that place is amazing. It's a great weekend every time.
    We went the first year NDSU was in it. We had fun. Money/job situation just hasn't allowed it to work out now that is better kid situation is another killer with them being in school and son doing wrestling in the spring has made it hard to plan around. But want to go back some day with the "new" arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Agreed. IT's a money maker for the SL schools. As central a location as you can find too. It's not going anywhere else for awhile if ever.
    Vacation destination tournaments will never be financially viable for mid-major conferences. Just see what Big Sky does and their attendance/$ made on their tournament has to be way less than Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I get a kick out of this every year as well. People can't handle that Sioux Falls has a nicer facility than anything Fargo can provide not to mention it is perfectly centrally located.
    It's hilarious because we give SDSU crap about not traveling for football, and SDSU gives us crap about not traveling for bball. Not going to change, I don't know any other town that would be better located than Sioux Falls and have the facilities to do it. Maybe Omaha area, but with 4 dakota schools and omaha literally on I-29 it almost makes no sense to have it anywhere else unless they're going to pay the $$ to beat Sioux Falls on bids.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Sioux Falls is a great location, the fans and city supports it.
    Agreed whether they're SDSU/USD fans or not it's better for the league IMO to have high attendance in an area that embraces it. I don't know that Fargo people would embrace it if UND/NDSU aren't "contenders". SDSU in general has been competitive every year so of course their fans are going to consistently show up.

I'm not completely sold that this gives USD/SDSU a homefield advantage as someone said it has just worked out that way, wasn't intended to be that way. SDSU has not had as high of highs as NDSU or as low of lows. They've just consistently been in that 1-4 range where NDSU has seemingly ran in every single slot on totem pole at some point, probably not but seems like it whether regular season or at the tournament. This does not help NDSU fanbase have confidence in "planning" a trip to Summit league in March.

2009 NDSU fans represented very well as expectations were high and we were "expected" to win as long as we could hold off Oakland and ORU, nearly stubbed our toe on Centenary though!

I dont think we are at rock bottom but an ol friend may be....

Saul and company just lost 67-114 at buffalo. Too bad really like Saul but just dont see how he keeps his job at Ohio.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk