Page 86 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No, the bottom four overall seeds play each other and the last four at large teams in will play each other. There will be one 16 seed game and one at-large game both next Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Dayton to get the field pared down from 68 to 64.
    Thanks. I misread your post. Total fail on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Saw this on twitter - Richman is 9-3 in the Summit League Tourney. But he still has a lot to prove?
    He does have to prove himself you can't tell me his regular season records the past 3 seasons have you thinking he's the long term option to lead this team. What happens when the conference isn't having a down year if he continues what his regular season history shows is his normal?

I'd prefer we win 20+ games and be higher then a 16 seed. I would hope his "these games don't matter" which he said earlier this season was only because this was a young team trying to find themselves. If he actually means that going forward next season and beyond I'd rather find a new coach. Every game matters!

yes.

ten char

It seems to me there has been a major change in the way he was coaching the team the last 4-6 weeks. The substitution pattern has changed. The play calling has changed and a lot of that started when Vinny started to shine. We had the player that stepped up and could say this is my team jump on my back and I will carry you when the droughts start as they always do. I said for the last 2 years who is going to be the guy that when we need a basket you have the confidence to say here is the ball go win it. That finally happened with Vinny and that happened in the last 5 minutes last night.

We also changed how we were forcing teams to switch till we got the match up we wanted then we ran sets off of that.

We also got hot at the right time. It is tough to rely on the 3 and win a tourney. The first two nights we were over 50% from 3 and mid 40's last night. That doesn't happen to often. Tyson (and Deng a bit last night) allowed us to have some offense on the block and it was forcing the doubles to come heck they were collapsing 3 sometimes in the second half on Tyson. Dave took advantage of that last night.

I think we didn't actually just see a team grow the last part of the season we saw a coaching staff grow the last 1/3 of the season. They both have farther to come along, I mean we blew a 14 point lead and had it tied at 51 last night and it could have went either way at that point, I didn't know if the spread them out O and work the matchups was going to work but it did. The coaching and the players the last month did not resemble much of what we have watched over and over the last few years and that is worth a extension for Dave but 6 weeks does not prove to me that he can turn into a great coach but it sure did buy him the continued opportunity to try, hopefully not a 4 or 5 year contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Richman was never close to losing his job no matter what the haters say. You don't fire a quality coach like Richman that has a positive won loss record, multiple tournament appearances and good character kids on the team. Not to forget all of the community involvement.

No, Coach Richman has not run this program into the ground. If anything the program is much stronger. Go Bison!!
    Dilusional.

I'm glad we're going dancing. I'm happy for Richman and certainly happy for the team. But we got into the big dance by beating 3 Summit League teams at a tournament. There are teams with 20+ wins wondering if they'll get an invite to the NIT, and with no shot at the NCAA. We got in because of the Summit League autobid that goes to the tourney winner. And that's great. But don't divine from this that we are not a team that went under .500 against D1 opponents in the regular season the past two years in a row.

I'm ready to give DR credit for making changes late in the season. I'm willing to concede he earned an extension. But you guys keep overplaying your hand when you turn a Summit League tournament championship into some sort of great season. Did you actually WATCH any games before March? I did. And yikes.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 03-13-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't get too high or too low on Coach Richman. He is a North Dakota kid and has been at NDSU for over a decade. I am not going to be extreme and bash him. I look at each year as a whole and his work as a whole. He has done a good job overall. I would give him a B grade as a coach so far.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Dilusional.

I'm glad we're going dancing. I'm happy for Richman and certainly happy for the team. But we got into the big dance by beating 3 Summit League teams at a tournament. There are teams with 20+ wins wondering if they'll get an invite to the NIT, and with no shot at the NCAA. We got in because of the Summit League autobid that goes to the tourney winner. And that's great. But don't divine from this that we are not a team that went under .500 against D1 opponents in the regular season the past two years in a row.

I'm ready to give DR credit for making changes late in the season. I'm willing to concede he earned an extension. But you guys keep overplaying your hand and turn a Summit League tournament championship into some sort of great season. Did you actually WATCH any games before March? I did. And yikes.
    You sure don't seem happy, complaining all of the time about coach and the men's basketball program. You say you are happy for them but your negative posts continue. Did you read what the poster said? Those comments are not delusional, they are facts. There is a lot more to a basketball program than just the narrow negative focus that you have. Coach Richman and his teams have had an outstanding record both on the court and off the court in the classroom and community. Yes, there should be more credit given to coach for the adjustments he did make at the end of the season, that's a sign of a good coach. It was and is a great season, because the Bison are in the National Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I don't get too high or too low on Coach Richman. He is a North Dakota kid and has been at NDSU for over a decade. I am not going to be extreme and bash him. I look at each year as a whole and his work as a whole. He has done a good job overall. I would give him a B grade as a coach so far.
    I'd dispute the grade. I'm not talking about a D or F. I'm thinking a C. Maybe even C+. I just want more for NDSU. But I appreciate your approach of not getting too high or low on the coach. I should probably not get so invested one way or the other. They need bring back those old beer commercials with the slogan "smooth over everything." Essentially, the message was to chillax. I need to keep that kind of perspective.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    He does have to prove himself you can't tell me his regular season records the past 3 seasons have you thinking he's the long term option to lead this team. What happens when the conference isn't having a down year if he continues what his regular season history shows is his normal?
    Most mid major programs are up and down. Richman has an overall record of 95-66. That is not good enough for you?