Page 63 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    Exactly, this roster with a new coaching staff would be a favorite to win the Summit next season
    Maybe... possibly... depends on who the new staff is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    What's your point? This roster with the same coaching staff would be a favorite to win the Summit next season.
    Prepostorous Statement winner of 2019 Yes the Talent is getting better, the COACHING is NOT!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    What's your point? This roster with the same coaching staff would be a favorite to win the Summit next season.
    They might be a favorite with the same coaching staff but realistically we all know Dave would be outcoached every game, and we'd be around .500 again

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    When you only sit and auger up 3 point shots all day. Just like the drop in free throw shooting. With lack of an inside game it sure hurt O-rebounds and free throw shooting attempt stats.

We had our highest percentage of made free throws we have had for the past 10 years at about 78% but it don't do you any good if your not getting there. We have averaged about 629 trips to the line the previous 10 years, We went 512 this year.

Now for the numbers on the percentage of our shots that are 3's.

2008 30%
    2009 25%
    2010 26%
    2011 32%
    2012 36%
    2013 27%
    2014 35%
    2015 34%
    2016 37%
    2017 43%
    2018 47%

Teams that live and die by the 3 usually die, especially when you need to win 3 games in a row to advance. You are bound to have a cold game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    We had our highest percentage of made free throws we have had for the past 10 years at about 78% but it don't do you any good if your not getting there. We have averaged about 629 trips to the line the previous 10 years, We went 512 this year.

Now for the numbers on the percentage of our shots that are 3's.

2008 30%
    2009 25%
    2010 26%
    2011 32%
    2012 36%
    2013 27%
    2014 35%
    2015 34%
    2016 37%
    2017 43%
    2018 47%

Teams that live and die by the 3 usually die, especially when you need to win 3 games in a row to advance. You are bound to have a cold game.
    FACTS!!! ZERO QUALITY WINS In His entire 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    They might be a favorite with the same coaching staff but realistically we all know Dave would be outcoached every game, and we'd be around .500 again
    There's no doubt we would likely be a top team with Dave next year, the question is he long term answer.

My issue with Dave is that he is an average head coach, his results against better competion reflect it clearly. Every once and a while he might put together a team capable of winning the league but I don't see it happening regularly. I don't see him having high level wins and I don't see him winning an NCAA tournament game.

Now some posters here have definitely embraced only winning when the team is experienced and it seems for them just reaching the NCAA tournament suffices. Those aren't my expectations and for a program that won a NCAA tournament game not too long ago we should be striving for more.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    My issue with Dave is that he is an average head coach, his results against better competion reflect it clearly. Every once and a while he might put together a team capable of winning the league but I don't see it happening regularly. I don't see him having high level wins and I don't see him winning an NCAA tournament game.

Now some posters here have definitely embraced only winning when the team is experienced and it seems for them just reaching the NCAA tournament suffices. Those aren't my expectations and for a program that won a NCAA tournament game not too long ago we should be striving for more.
    No S___! 2014 we had won a Big Dance game vs Okla.... had been to Big Dance 3 times in 5 years.
    since then. Nothing, Zilch, Zero. Not even 1 Quality win. To FAIL this bad and to take this program that far into the dumps DOES NOT DESERVE EVEN A 1 YEAR BAND AID EXTENSION!

pathetic and dammit Matt Larsen, READ THIS AND WAKE THE HELL UP! there was 1500 actual fans a game... maybe. you get a new coach with a new vibe and new offense and new excitement and you DOUBLE or TRIPLE the attendence and you will look like a genius!! DO IT SUNDAY NIGHT!!

McFooley has put in his 1/2 cent...https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...ract-extension
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I chuckle on Mcfooleys comments, especially since the other day he wrote about Marin Walseth and in the article he clearly stated that he has not connection to the womens bb program.
    does he have a connection to the mens program or even cover it??