Page 88 of 368 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Part of it yes but the point is you can't expect NDSU to be a consistently elite mid-major when the investment isn't there at an elite mid-major level from the athletic department or boosters. Case in point, TJ Otzelberger at SDSU is making nearly double what Richman was on his on-hire contract (he's since signed an extension that might have Richman doubled up by now).
    That I did not know.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Richman was never close to losing his job no matter what the haters say. You don't fire a quality coach like Richman that has a positive won loss record, multiple tournament appearances and good character kids on the team. Not to forget all of the community involvement.

No, Coach Richman has not run this program into the ground. If anything the program is much stronger. Go Bison!!
    This does validate his ideas about trusting the process. He outcoached Omaha last night. One other thing - last night's game is not what I was expecting. We had a big guy dunking. We avoided the weave. We looked good inside. We sank free throws. We played with fire.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Most mid major programs are up and down. Richman has an overall record of 95-66. That is not good enough for you?
    His record against good competition is what is lacking, been a while since we notched a win against a top 100 team and it has never happened under Richman in non-conference play.

I am happy that things are improving but his resume is still pretty meh when it comes to high level competition. Next year with a more experienced team, it is an area I will be looking at for improvement.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Part of it yes but the point is you can't expect NDSU to be a consistently elite mid-major when the investment isn't there at an elite mid-major level from the athletic department or boosters. Case in point, TJ Otzelberger at SDSU is making nearly double what Richman was on his on-hire contract (he's since signed an extension that might have Richman doubled up by now).
    The school has invested a ton in other areas...facilities, charter flights, full cost of attendance. Richman's salary has been stagnant but the school hasn't really had a reason to change that.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, yet I've heard from multiple sources he was in trouble and was trying to figure out what he was going to do if he lost his job.
    Who are these sources you have mentioned multiple times?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Its time to officially retire this thread. All you people who ripped Richman and this program amd didnt fill the seats at the Shac this year can suck a big one. Ok, that being said. Lets all come together, have a hug, chug a beer, and celebrate that we are dancing baby!!!!
    Ha! Still not even close to sold on Richman. He has a lot of self-learning to do yet, which includes both BB and intellectual, and personality issues. He is still all about DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just looked it up and he has a base of 400,000 with bonuses up to 250,000. If we canned Richman then we would need to pay in that ballpark to get a good coach. However, after looking through the list below, we as in The Summit, are a low major conference. Look at the salary difference between true mid majors (MVC, A-10, etc) and the rest of us. If we ever want to get serious about basketball it's going to take some cash...and a new arena.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    He is still all about DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the evidence for this claim?

You can tell by the way he Carrie's himself, how he talks during interviews etc. Give off the vibe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What is the evidence for this claim?
    Do you ever listen to his interviews? Never misses a chance to say I or me. Very little we and us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk