Page 136 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I’d rather you be correct but I’ve seen this before. I could probably accurately describe now how our final game this year will play out.
    That’s fair. I think if they lose in the Summit Tourney, critics should get after it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Maybe my expectations are unrealistic. I started following men’s B-ball during the Woodside era and I loved how they were able to elevate their game and ball with the bigboys. It was essentially the same thing I see in the football team that gives hope and reason for optimism that they can take down an Iowa or Oregon. B-ball had the same thing going and it made them super exciting to watch, but that is gone now. I’ve seen enough years of Richman teams to expect a bad start (with people pointing out many different things wrong game to game) and a bad finish. Yes the team is rolling but I’ve seen enough to fully expect this season to end with a thud. Again, maybe I’m unrealistic and spoiled but this program was rolling and should have been reaching higher and it seems like they regressed, stopped being exciting to follow, and half of the fan base is ok with that. I can’t be. I saw us be too competitive with two completely different groups of players to enjoy the last 5 or whatever years of mediocrity
    No offense but I think you are being unrealistic. The 2008/09 team was good but their non-conference schedule that year was pedestrian at best. They played 3 tournament teams (Minnesota, USC, and Stephen F Austin) and lost to them all. Their OOC D1 wins that year were Northern Arizona (twice), Georgia Southern, Utah Valley, and Milwaukee. That doesn't take away (for me at least) from the fact that it was a great season.

The reality is this program is funded at a Summit League level with Summit League level facilities. That's a low major level. You're welcome to expect them to regularly compete with P5s but I would call that an unrealistic expectation. That 2013/14 season is something that happens a lot less than once ever 4/5 year for programs at this level. If you're not satisfied with competing for Summit League titles and want more I'd say you better hope that the NDSU AD starts investing more heavily in the MBB program. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

3 things to happen to get this program to Mid Major Greatness Level:

1. Change the excitement level of offense, fast break, dunks, aggressiveness.
    2. Coach/Players that are outgoing, charismatic & pump up the crowd/students.
    3. Get out of the NCC 2.0 conference.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    3 things to happen to get this program to Mid Major Greatness Level:

1. Change the excitement level of offense, fast break, dunks, aggressiveness.
    2. Coach/Players that are outgoing, charismatic & pump up the crowd/students.
    3. Get out of the NCC 2.0 conference.
    As for number 3 I couldn't agree more, but football makes that much more difficult. The only non-football conferences that make any sense is the Missouri Valley. It would be a bump up in RPI and not have an affect on football. I don't think NDSU and SDSU fit therir footprint though and we wouldn't get a solid look.

I hate to say it but for now I think we are stuck in the Summit. With the teams they are adding I have really lost steam for the league. I know we are ranked 20th in Conference RPI now, I just wonder if UMKC, Augustana, and St. Thomas are going to help us push that upward. I fear that the RPI might move in the opposite direction. Maybe I will be shocked and they won't be bottom feeders. I am sure other teams were worried about NDSU and SDSU when we joined . . . but most of them have left . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    As for number 3 I couldn't agree more, but football makes that much more difficult. The only non-football conferences that make any sense is the Missouri Valley. It would be a bump up in RPI and not have an affect on football. I don't think NDSU and SDSU fit therir footprint though and we wouldn't get a solid look.

I hate to say it but for now I think we are stuck in the Summit. With the teams they are adding I have really lost steam for the league. I know we are ranked 20th in Conference RPI now, I just wonder if UMKC, Augustana, and St. Thomas are going to help us push that upward. I fear that the RPI might move in the opposite direction. Maybe I will be shocked and they won't be bottom feeders. I am sure other teams were worried about NDSU and SDSU when we joined . . . but most of them have left . . .
    if adding those teams is an elaborate agenda to get NDSU/SDSU to Missouri Valley Im very happy.
    Hell, if NDSU & USD went that'd be fabulous & sdsu can keep their "precious" tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No offense but I think you are being unrealistic. The 2008/09 team was good but their non-conference schedule that year was pedestrian at best. They played 3 tournament teams (Minnesota, USC, and Stephen F Austin) and lost to them all. Their OOC D1 wins that year were Northern Arizona (twice), Georgia Southern, Utah Valley, and Milwaukee. That doesn't take away (for me at least) from the fact that it was a great season.

The reality is this program is funded at a Summit League level with Summit League level facilities. That's a low major level. You're welcome to expect them to regularly compete with P5s but I would call that an unrealistic expectation. That 2013/14 season is something that happens a lot less than once ever 4/5 year for programs at this level. If you're not satisfied with competing for Summit League titles and want more I'd say you better hope that the NDSU AD starts investing more heavily in the MBB program. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    Can you please explain how putting more $$ into a fully-funded low-major team will make the program better? Not being a dink; rather, dead serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can you please explain how putting more $$ into a fully-funded low-major team will make the program better? Not being a dink; rather, dead serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We would have more money to get a better coa...

Wait a minute

Midco is another problem. maybe 15% in the Fargo DMA can see the basketball games

hell tomorrow night its midcosn2 what's pre emptying it on midco 1 ??

need to find better way to get on tv

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We would have more money to get a better coa...

Wait a minute
    Only thing I can see is buy better coaches

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post

Oakland was the real loss for the SL, the games were great and we had a little rivalry with them. They were irreplacable but there was nothing we could do to keep them from the Horizon.

Swapping out IUPUI and PFW for UMKC and St Thomas is pretty much a push. I guess at least St Thomas gives our alumni in the Twin Cities a chance to see a game easily.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.