Page 82 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    Upsets or not they do look at the seed and wins and quality wins. Reality is we were a 4th seed in the Summit and we are up to 18 wins now? Going to be hard pressed for a 15 I would think. Not sure where the Summit ranked this year but I can't think it was a great year for the league. I can't remember many/any headline out of conference wins.
    I would love a 15 but not sure we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Are we a definite 16 seed? if so do we avoid the play-in game?

I'm sure depends if there are major upsets, but give me an idea of what to expect.
    I think it's pretty likely they're one of the four 16 seeds playing in Dayton next Tuesday or Wednesday. RPI of 183 as of right now, 0 quadrant 1 or 2 wins (quadrants explained here). Of the teams who have qualified for the tournament so far I believe the only one whose resume looks worse is Farleigh Dickinson (profile).

EDIT: Actually Iona's resume looks worse also. Maybe they've got a shot at avoiding Dayton.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Think this through; he just took a seniorless team that returned less than 40% of the minutes played last year to the NCAA tournament. Richman just bought himself a whoooooole lot of leeway IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, and in hoops, people don't remember what you did in January, they remember what you did in March!
    Just an incredible job by Coach Richman, assistants and the players. Just a huge accomplishment that is appreciated by MOST of Bison Nation!! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I just hope we think it through, we beat a 5, 8, and a 2. This was a good win no doubt. See where we go from here and hopefully it will spring board into a good next year.
    Guys lets let it go. Hes here for another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    It’s no 7 titles in 8 years football run, but damn good for a newly eligible tourney team. In case you didn’t notice, Bison basketball has been winning less and less each year since 2015. So, yes, I call 2009-2015 our basketball run.

Do you want DR gone now? I think he’s done ok. Looky, we won the Summit.

If 09-15 was a “run” (3 in 7 years), we are on a better run now (3 in 6).

If this program has been run into the ground by a “mediocre” coach, maybe expectations need to be examined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it's pretty likely they're one of the four 16 seeds playing in Dayton next Tuesday or Wednesday. RPI of 183 as of right now, 0 quadrant 1 or 2 wins (quadrants explained here). Of the teams who have qualified for the tournament so far I believe the only one whose resume looks worse is Farleigh Dickinson (profile).

EDIT: Actually Iona's resume looks worse also. Maybe they've got a shot at avoiding Dayton.
    For selfish reasons I hope we do play in the First Four. Dayton is less than 2 hours from my house so I could get there to watch them!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ll get railed for this but had Vinnie not balled out of his god dam mind the last 5 min of the game this discussion here could be a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I’ll get railed for this but had Vinnie not balled out of his god dam mind the last 5 min of the game this discussion here could be a little different.
    Vinnie is clutch. Richman would be dumb not to ride him closing out the win. That's just smart basketball.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Do you want DR gone now? I think he’s done ok. Looky, we won the Summit.

If 09-15 was a “run” (3 in 7 years), we are on a better run now (3 in 6).

If this program has been run into the ground by a “mediocre” coach, maybe expectations need to be examined.

Really? This is what the believers are going to do now? God forbid any Bison fan was concerned with a decrease in wins these last few seasons, a huge decrease in attendance, and an increase in transfers. Dave finally proved it with HIS players. Congrats, Northerndamus, glad you knew that after a .500 regular season and 3 straight conference losses ending the regular season you knew you’d be able to throw it right back into Bison fan’s faces.
    Last edited by CalBison97; 03-13-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Did they change the format to Early games all 16 seeds?