Page 17 of 362 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I live in Fargo and haven't gone to a game all year, this product is only worth what I pay for ESPN+ and I'm even starting to wonder if that is worth it. I used to go to every single game, didn't matter if it was K-State or Crookston.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    There were about 20 people in our section. Made the drive by myself, but did other things prior or I would have stayed home. Halfway through the first we were reduced to talking about frisco and not really watching.
    I’m not sure I can justify spending money for this next year.
    The team did look like they were enjoying playing and they do seem to not have the same personal issues they had last year. At this point I don’t think changing coaches would impact the team one way or the other
    Of course they were having fun playing. Northland was made up of the 3rd best players from their high school teams. There wasn't one player on that team that would be a practice player at NDSU. And that's saying something recently. It's going to be a tough sell for me to renew next year unless one of two things happen. 1. Dave pulls an absolute rabbit out of his hat and makes the Dance. 2. Dave is fired and I believe in the new coaching staff. Either way, I'm still going to question it. It was a sad atmosphere last night and I wish it would be so much different as it was really fun 4-7 years ago.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Of course they were having fun playing. Northland was made up of the 3rd best players from their high school teams. There wasn't one player on that team that would be a practice player at NDSU. And that's saying something recently. It's going to be a tough sell for me to renew next year unless one of two things happen. 1. Dave pulls an absolute rabbit out of his hat and makes the Dance. 2. Dave is fired and I believe in the new coaching staff. Either way, I'm still going to question it. It was a sad atmosphere last night and I wish it would be so much different as it was really fun 4-7 years ago.
    Screwing up the hot dog stand didn’t help either. At least I had that last year
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    How does Jordan Horn go from averaging 8 points at Sienna as a freshman to seeing 3 min against a D3 team?
    I got to the game a little late, about 5 minutes in but Horn was on the end of the bench with an ice pack on his ankle. So guessing injury is what caused his minutes played.

hell, just pull the plug now. if we are gonna pay Richy thru the end of the year anyways, just get it done, pay him and have 1 of the assistants just let me boys Ball Out and play hero ball and have fun.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Not sure when I'll see another Bison basketball game again.

Both coaching staffs need to go and the SHAC is crap.
    Exactly, a new coach can't fix the poor excuse of DI venue at the SHAC........what an appropriate name......technically it's the Scheels Center at the SHAC, but for all the money Scheels makes that place is an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Exactly, a new coach can't fix the poor excuse of DI venue at the SHAC........what an appropriate name......technically it's the Scheels Center at the SHAC, but for all the money Scheels makes that place is an embarrassment.
    I could live with the arena if the games were exciting.
    Someone mentioned on here about the ‘culture’ stuff in the press conferences. I’m not buying it. If we didn’t have football, we might not know about ‘culture’. But we do, we know it when we see it, because our football team has it.
    My greatest fear is the team will devolve into the me-ness that we had the last couple of years. The pouting and foot stomping.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

The basketball program used to have a great culture, even when the talent wasn't there the team still played with a chip on its shoulder, they played together and weren't afraid of anyone.

The Saul coached team that won like 10 games was far more fullfilling to watch than any team Richman has coached the past serveral seasons.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I am a season ticket holder since the SHAC opened. I miss the Hot Dog Peddler since they went Dining Center for almost all of their catering and it is really subpar. I like going over and buying Dippin' Dots from Lars since the sales provides an entire scholarship to the track budget. The sound is questionable and the leg room is unacceptable. But I would have to say that I like this team, even though they are a patch work squad. They have had some good wins at home this year, but I am not giving Richman any credit. We have some new pieces to the team that are doing things on their own to advance the team. But the big improvement for me is that there is no one named AJ Jacobson on the team. This team will win more games than they should and yes, I think they have a bright future.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the men's team has the potential to be a Summit League contender as early as next year with the right coaching. They've got a solid 6'10" big man in Kreuser, a freak athlete for the SL level in Deng, a good floor general in Shahid, a slasher (albeit an inconsistent one) in Ward, and shooters in Samuelson, Horn, and Hunter. Griesel, prior to his injury, and Cook are playing as true freshman and have held their own as well. Next year will bring another skilled big man in Noah Christenson into the fold along with hopefully a finally healthy 7' rim protector in Meidinger.

All of those guys are back next year so if a coaching staff can develop each of them into better players over the next year (a novel concept I know) I think this could be a pretty darn good Summit League team. Having said that it's most likely going to have to be a different coaching staff to get that necessary development out of the players because the current coaching staff has given me no confidence that they can do it.
    I 100% agree and you didn't even mention Eady. There really isn't a reason talent wise why we could be gunning for the 2 seed in the Summit League tournament this year but without a coach that knows how to utilize the talent we won't get there. We don't lose anybody going into next season (assuming nobody bails) it would be a great opportunity for success for a new coach to come in and get things back on the right track.