Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

Default Re: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    My post wasn't directed at you, but since you asked.....we aren't very good. Very frustrated. Love our youth. Really think we hit on some studs there. Love finally recruiting Minneapolis. I don't understand some things. Results based business. I'd love our admin to invest in our schedule. Sdsu does. We gotta f'n care about hoops. New facility, great city, cost of attendance... this is a great job. Something isn't clicking. We stunk tonight. I expect better. Do we play loose?
    NDSU did care about hoops. So much it renovated the BSA. Then Richman took over and its been a pretty stready decline ever since.

Forgot the politics. How some of the fanbase cant see that Richman is not a good head coach is beyond me. The results speak for themselves. For 5 years now.

It isn't "getting old". Its decrepit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    NDSU did care about hoops. So much it renovated the BSA. Then Richman took over and its been a pretty stready decline ever since.

Forgot the politics. How some of the fanbase cant see that Richman is not a good head coach is beyond me. The results speak for themselves. For 5 years now.

It isn't "getting old". Its decrepit.
    He did alright with Saul's recruits

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I just scrolled through the box score. Ndsu had 2 assists? Wtf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I just scrolled through the box score. Ndsu had 2 assists? Wtf

Pretty unreal huh. That's what happens when all the players want to play hero ball. Literally its almost impossible to get 2 assists. You can usually get 3 just from dumb luck

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Missed the game tonight, did we win? I am sure it was fun, don't get the opportunity to play the number one team very often. We are striving to be the Gonzaga of the Midwest I hear.

It is honestly the ugliest, laziest, shitty brand of bball he coaches.

It's an insult to the game. Kudos to those who pay to watch him

A lot of venting in this thread it appears... not sure what some of you expected to happen last night. I'm a lot more pissed about the no-show at ETSU last Saturday than I am about this one.

Richman and the rest of the staff are coaching for their jobs at this point. Not an enviable position with a seniorless and rudderless team but that's the bed they've made for themselves. That said the non-conference means next to nothing this year. They need to be angling towards improvement in January and February. Can't say I'm confident that's going to happen at this point but you can't take a blowout loss to the #1 team in the country as much of an indication that it won't either.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-27-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Pretty unreal huh. That's what happens when all the players want to play hero ball. Literally its almost impossible to get 2 assists. You can usually get 3 just from dumb luck
    Hero ball is what basketball has become. Its unwatchable just like the nba.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    A lot of venting in this thread it appears... not sure what some of you expected to happen last night. I'm a lot more pissed about the no-show at ETSU last Saturday than I am about this one.

Richman and the rest of the staff are coaching for their jobs at this point. Not an enviable position with a seniorless and rudderless team but that's the bed they've made for themselves. That said the non-conference means next to nothing this year. They need to be angling towards improvement in January and February. Can't say I'm confident that's going to happen at this point but you can't take a blowout loss to the #1 team in the country as much of an indication that it won't either.
    Nobody on here thought last night would be any different. That's not the point. The point is exactly what you said about the ETSU loss and the improvement or lack there of we have seen over Richman's entire tenure as HC. Why would he not play the guy who is actually looking like the best player on the court longer minutes? It's fucking inexcusable at this point. He won with arguably the best guard we ever had in LA and Dex who left his heart and soul on the court every time he got in the game. Not starting him as a senior over DM was a fucking slap in the face and a god damn disgrace. This team better show up come conference time or it's time to cut bait! We cannot let him run this program into the ground like the womens.
    Last edited by Bisonator98; 11-27-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Nobody on here thought last night would be any different. That's not the point. The point is exactly what you said about the ETSU loss and the improvement or lack there of we have seen over Richman's entire tenure as HC. Why would he not play the guy who is actually looking like the best player on the court longer minutes? It's fucking inexcusable at this point. He won with arguably the best guard we ever had in LA and Dex who left his heart and sole on the court every time he got in the game. Not starting him as a senior over DM was a fucking slap in the face and a god damn disgrace. This team better show up come conference time or it's time to cut bait! We cannot let him run this program into the ground like the womens.
    Agreed. The young team excuse doesn't hold any water when this is your 5th year in the program. Like I said in my last post, Richman and staff have made their own bed with this team. It's not so much Xs and Os or personnel decisions for me anymore as it is just a complete lack of player development. It's not just Geu either. AJ Jacobson was pretty much the exact same players as a freshman that he was as a senior. Dylan Miller actually regressed in his time here. Tyson Ward is now a junior and looks to me to be about the same player he was as a freshman. Cam Hunter is still enigmatic but hasn't taken the next step. The only guy so far this year, as far as I can tell, that's shown any improvement from last year is Rocky. That's a pretty shitty track record for player development.