Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

Default Re: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

I just would hate to waste Wards, Geus, Shahids careers here. If nothing changes, they will never see the dance here. Which would be sad.

I agree we all know that we were going to get curb stomped but talk about a perfect time to play players like Deng that need the minutes and need to develop their game. It is not like Deng was in foul trouble in the first half. He had 1 foul and played 8 minutes. Why is Samuelson on the court for the most minutes at 26. It is not like he was knocking down the 3's he was 0 for 2 and ended with 0 points. Samuelson is a good spot player to get a player a rest but to lead the team in minutes, oh my. Coach better be trying to develop depth and then in the next month shrink the bench and minutes played or we are in a ton of trouble. I seriously have my doubts that we can develop players the way we need to with this coaching staff. Over the last few years individual players have the same deficiencies they had 2 years ago.

I love watching basketball and players improve and the game within the game between coaches. Unfortunately I am very happy that I did not renew my season tickets and have a extra $2000 in my pocket. I saw the email on the flex pack yesterday and I thought hmm maybe we should hit up some games then I came back to my senses. I hope Coach proves me wrong and I am eating a whole flock of Crows but I am at the point of it is time to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I agree we all know that we were going to get curb stomped but talk about a perfect time to play players like Deng that need the minutes and need to develop their game. It is not like Deng was in foul trouble in the first half. He had 1 foul and played 8 minutes. Why is Samuelson on the court for the most minutes at 26. It is not like he was knocking down the 3's he was 0 for 2 and ended with 0 points. Samuelson is a good spot player to get a player a rest but to lead the team in minutes, oh my. Coach better be trying to develop depth and then in the next month shrink the bench and minutes played or we are in a ton of trouble. I seriously have my doubts that we can develop players the way we need to with this coaching staff. Over the last few years individual players have the same deficiencies they had 2 years ago.

I love watching basketball and players improve and the game within the game between coaches. Unfortunately I am very happy that I did not renew my season tickets and have a extra $2000 in my pocket. I saw the email on the flex pack yesterday and I thought hmm maybe we should hit up some games then I came back to my senses. I hope Coach proves me wrong and I am eating a whole flock of Crows but I am at the point of it is time to put up or shut up.
    I cant support a brand of basketball that sucks and it's not going to change. It's the same crap 3 years in a row. 2 dribbles and launching a 3 isnt good basketball. 2 assists isnt good basketball

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Wins and losses are how many people determine how a season went. It is important, but how a teams improves and develops over the season is also important. This takes player development, better execution and better coaching. Right now based on coaching decisions of playing time and rotations, I will be surprised if this team improves. That is sad. We have talent and can win.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Where would Samualon rank on the list of minutes played if I ask you? He lead our team with 26 last night.

Personally, I feel like he is a GREAT role player. A guy who can add a spark AT TIMES off our bench. He doesn't (or maybe can't) get to the rim. He is strictly a spot up 3 point shooter. Not great with handles and not a high end defender. So on a night where they have CRAZY defense, why go with an off guard who cannot get his shot off. Cook was playing great and having fun. It is time for us to turn the 2 guard spot over to J-Cook and let him run with it. He is as big a get as we have had. If we aren't great...play him. Play him a ton. A few bad losses like we have had...nothing should be safe. Shake things up. If Ward isn't progressing, try him off the bench. We have talent. Samuelson would be the 4th player I would start at the 2 at this point. I would go with Cook, then the Siena transfer who can play the combo guard spot and then Cam Hunter...who is currently also our backup PG, but can score and play combo. Be flexible.

One big problem is the lack of big men. One hurt and one redshirting doesn't allow us to play Deng and Rocky together. Not even sure that was a goal, but if they both play, who backs them up. Sam was hurt last night, so he wasn't available at the PF spot. If he gets healthy and can play 20 minutes that helps. Bottom line, we have options, we have talent, time to have fun and play free. I want to see them really compete. We are better than what we have seen, and that is alarming.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

This team SHOULD get better as the season progresses. But WILL they?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Competition level ZION WILLIAMSON JUMPS UP LIKE----

Bison vs. the NEW #1 ranked team in the country

Can they hold them under 100 points??
    Can they score over 60 points?

SCORE PREDICTION
    Zags 94
    Bison 56
    How did I do----- 102-60 FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    One big problem is the lack of big men. One hurt and one redshirting doesn't allow us to play Deng and Rocky together. Not even sure that was a goal, but if they both play, who backs them up.
    I don't understand the reasoning here. Yeah, you can't play them both at the same time all the time but I don't understand why you can't play them both together in crucial stretches as long as both stay out of foul trouble.

This is just an example of how one particular game could go. Start and play both until the under 12 timeout in the first half, then sit Rocky until the under 4 timeout, then bring him in for Geu who sits the rest of the half. In the 2nd half start both again and sit Geu at the under 16 timeout, bring him for Rocky at the under 12, and then bring Rocky back in at the under 8 and keep them both in for the rest of the game. Rocky plays ~28 minutes and Geu plays ~32. Both are on the court with each other for roughly half the game and the other half it's one or the other. If each of them averages 30 minutes a game it works out just fine that way. I don't think that's too much to ask nor would it take that much creative coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I cant support a brand of basketball that sucks and it's not going to change. It's the same crap 3 years in a row. 2 dribbles and launching a 3 isnt good basketball. 2 assists isnt good basketball
    Exactly. What's frustrating is that many of us, at the risk of being called lousy NDSU fans, knew this last year and complained loudly. Nothing changed. People abandoned their season tickets and today we still suck as badly as ever. This year is a wasted year. Which means at the very least that next year, even with a new coach, will be a wasted year too. There has been no sense of urgency by the athletics department in keeping the momentum that basketball had in 2014 and 2015. We simply pissed it away.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Has anybody seen Richmond's post-game interview yet from the Gonzaga game?