Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

Default Re: 11/26 @ #1 Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Exactly. What's frustrating is that many of us, at the risk of being called lousy NDSU fans, knew this last year and complained loudly. Nothing changed. People abandoned their season tickets and today we still suck as badly as ever. This year is a wasted year. Which means at the very least that next year, even with a new coach, will be a wasted year too. There has been no sense of urgency by the athletics department in keeping the momentum that basketball had in 2014 and 2015. We simply pissed it away.
    There wasnt much to justify dumping him after one season. He deserved a shot at improving and still has this season. Being quick on the trigger usually isnt the answer, but it isnt looking good for him and a change is most likely going to be needed

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    There wasnt much to justify dumping him after one season. He deserved a shot at improving and still has this season. Being quick on the trigger usually isnt the answer, but it isnt looking good for him and a change is most likely going to be needed
    He's been here only one season? I've miscounted then.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Where would Samualon rank on the list of minutes played if I ask you? He lead our team with 26 last night.

Personally, I feel like he is a GREAT role player. A guy who can add a spark AT TIMES off our bench. He doesn't (or maybe can't) get to the rim. He is strictly a spot up 3 point shooter. Not great with handles and not a high end defender. So on a night where they have CRAZY defense, why go with an off guard who cannot get his shot off. Cook was playing great and having fun. It is time for us to turn the 2 guard spot over to J-Cook and let him run with it. He is as big a get as we have had. If we aren't great...play him. Play him a ton. A few bad losses like we have had...nothing should be safe. Shake things up. If Ward isn't progressing, try him off the bench. We have talent. Samuelson would be the 4th player I would start at the 2 at this point. I would go with Cook, then the Siena transfer who can play the combo guard spot and then Cam Hunter...who is currently also our backup PG, but can score and play combo. Be flexible.

One big problem is the lack of big men. One hurt and one redshirting doesn't allow us to play Deng and Rocky together. Not even sure that was a goal, but if they both play, who backs them up. Sam was hurt last night, so he wasn't available at the PF spot. If he gets healthy and can play 20 minutes that helps. Bottom line, we have options, we have talent, time to have fun and play free. I want to see them really compete. We are better than what we have seen, and that is alarming.
    Couldn't agree more. I made the point last season honestly Samualson isn't even close athletically to play at this level. A few minutes here and there are ok but he can't guard anyone. Too slow.

What's really disturbing is why players aren't developing. Perfect example is Ward. By now he should be 16-18 pts a game type player for us and we never know night to night what we are going to get.

Also Dave has done a terrible job of recruiting big men. I keep hearing how tough it is to find big men but other teams in our league don't seem to have any issue.

Very disappointed with how Geu is used as well. Again this goes back to last year. Thought he would play a ton this year but its not happening and it makes zero sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    He's been here only one season? I've miscounted then.
    Nice reading comprehension

More of the same garbage. Wer'e young. Wait till next year. We are thin with bigs.

If we're so fn thin with bigs, why doesnt Geu play a shit ton? Why the f does Samuelson start? Why doesnt Richman run sets?

Why, because he isnt a good coach, thats why. Any other reason is just sugar coating.

If a bb team is thin on bigs and has a bunch of athletes wouldn't it make sense to play zone defense?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    If a bb team is thin on bigs and has a bunch of athletes wouldn't it make sense to play zone defense?

Yes and no, I wasn't able to watch the Gonzaga game but I did watch the ETSU game and once again we played fairly well defensively but we gave up a lot of offensive rebounds again, rebounding only gets more difficult in zone because you're not on a body to turn and box out. We do have a fairly long and athletic team though so throwing a 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone in here and there just to switch it up a little bit to throw the opponent off wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

HERESY!!!!! Burn this heathen at the stake!!!!