Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    OK, you have a point, however, most on here don't really feel like talking serious football with fans from a team we know we are going to curb stomp. Sorry if this offends you, but it is the God's honest truth. Now if MSU was undefeated, the BSC champs, and we were meeting in the semi's or the championship, you would find a whole different attitude on this board. As it currently stands, your team is a little above 500 and barely made the playoffs. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it is reality.

We have a ton of respect for teams that have in the past, or have the ability currently, to give us a good game and possibly even beat us. You're team isn't one of those teams. Maybe one day it will be, but Saturday won't be the day.

Mont. is a great state, though. Bozeman is one of my all time favorite towns.
    This is pretty much how I envisioned this thread going, yet I still gave you guys the benefit of the doubt and came over to take a look. I started on page 23 and read backwards till now, nary a sentence about football, so I will take my leave. Wish I could go to the game, I will say that! Go Cats.

I will give you guys some credit, in those few pages I did read I didn't see anything about the buyout, I figured it would be in about every 5th post.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post
    This is pretty much how I envisioned this thread going, yet I still gave you guys the benefit of the doubt and came over to take a look. I started on page 23 and read backwards till now, nary a sentence about football, so I will take my leave. Wish I could go to the game, I will say that! Go Cats.

I will give you guys some credit, in those few pages I did read I didn't see anything about the buyout, I figured it would be in about every 5th post.
    Even my Garfield County rancher friend said the buyout was a "chicken shit move"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post

If you want to talk football go ahead and give us your take on the upcoming game. We are more than willing to talk football. We get bored with ourselves and get on tangent subjects and shocking thread drift starts.

I will give you my take on the upcoming game. Kitties stay close until late 1st half. Bison score just before half and it will be 17-7. Bison ball to start and the third and a methodical drive of 75 yards and 6 1/2 minutes later it will be 24-7. Kitties on first possession of the 2nd half will result in a scope and score and the route will be one. 31-7. Kitties will be licking themselves all the way back to Boozeman MT. Yes I know I spelled it that way for a reason. You have to drink to live there. Feel free to tell me where I am wrong and how it sucks to live in ND.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Here's the deal. Don't come over to our board telling us what we should and shouldn't talk about or how we should treat you or whatever. Ignore the people whom you feel are mistreating you and engage with the ones you like. Your passive aggressive moping about "how we are" doesn't affect us one bit. We're mostly German/Norwegian Lutherans, some from Canada, we INVENTED passive aggressiveness.

AG1 gets it. He gives zero fucks about the haters and takes as much as he gives.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the Cat board, the consensus is essentially that they will go toe-to-toe and come out with a moral victory. Must be a Big Sky thing.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Here's the deal. Don't come over to our board telling us what we should and shouldn't talk about or how we should treat you or whatever. Ignore the people whom you feel are mistreating you and engage with the ones you like. Your passive aggressive moping about "how we are" doesn't affect us one bit. We're mostly German/Norwegian Lutherans, some from Canada, we INVENTED passive aggressiveness.

AG1 gets it. He gives zero fucks about the haters and takes as much as he gives.
    CC is a good guy but he don't like me much and that's cool.

He would fucking love the tailgating in Fargo and he probably would love downtown I know I do.

You don't find tailgates anywhere in the country like yours not the SEC, Not Big10, about the only other place like your tailgates is when you do them in Frisco

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    On the Cat board, the consensus is essentially that they will go toe-to-toe and come out with a moral victory. Must be a Big Sky thing.
    I don't expect a Big Sky team left after Saturday...... Slight possibility Weber wins then gets bounced the next week.

Our conference is pure shit, weak, slow too many crap teams and Montana can't even compete in it.

AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    I don't expect a Big Sky team left after Saturday...... Slight possibility Weber wins then gets bounced the next week.

Our conference is pure shit, weak, slow too many crap teams and Montana can't even compete in it.

Unfortunately, the MVFC is going to inherit one of your crap teams.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Anybody find Montana State video? It's hard to find - heck, Fox mistakenly put Mississippi State v Ole Miss video up with their write up. The SDSU stuff is useless because Andersen* wasn't their QB. Andersen's first game this season was against Portland State (he had 211 yards rushing, btw).

Should be an interesting game - they were having a lot of success running the option against UIW - they also were running the delta formation in the backfield too, weren't they? Andersen threw some nice balls against UIW so if they've got a guy who can get behind our secondary like Illinois State did, that could be trouble. It's really tough to judge team speed, but they looked very quick. They kind of remind me of the 2011 or 2010 Bison team. I just can't watch UIW again because that team is the opposite of NDSU.

* it's not Anderson - like Brock Jensen, the second "e" is for Excellence.
    Had to watch on the phone, but was impressed with the Bobcats passing. Won’t be surprised to see them take their shots downfield early, trying to make the Bison D adjust. Andersen threw a good deep ball when he had a clean pocket, or a clean roll-out. Seemed like spirals, but on the phone screen could have been misleading. Bobcats incorporated jet sweeps as well as the option plays, and often split QB Andersen out on the edge with a WR as the QB. Could see a lateral to Andersen in that situation with a downfield shot following. Don’t know if that WR can throw the ball, but if he can chuck it 40 +, Andersen was a state sprint champ, maybe the Cats will take a downfield shot that way.

With the pressure the Bison DLine generates, along with Jabril Cox & Co spying on Andersen, could be a tough day for him. Seems like it takes him a little more time to load and release, so hello Kitty......
    But won’t be surprised to see the Cats with a big play or two, helping keep the game closer than most expect.

As to Tony’s Brock Jensen mention, I used a freshman Brock Jensen comp, only faster, this weekend when I was asked about Andersen and the Bobcats at a wedding anniversary party.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post

Sounds just like the CAA.