Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Cat fans act like having a running QB is some sort of an unstoppable novelty. FYI, in the MVFC, almost every team has a QB that can run. The Bison win those games because they stop everything else and then limit the damage a running QB can inflict. Anderson will not score 40 points on his own.
    Well he is kinda their Obi Wan Kenobi (a.k.a. their "only hope"). I don't think most of them would be able to look you in the eye and tell you he's unstoppable but they know that their only shot to make this a game is if he turns into a cross of Tim Tebow and Pat Mahomes for this game and plays unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    FYI ND high school records for 100 and 200: 10.44 and 21.58. MT high school records: 10.66 and 21.06 He's fast but there are faster. I would say Stick is pretty close to this kid speedwise, but Stick runs much better with the ball. Oh, and 4 tenths of a second in 100 meters is forever, that's how far off he is from the ND 100 meter record.

Seriously, you're trying to compare his 100 time to the nd state record? A record that has stood for 14 years? Let's get real, I never said he had record speed, but his times are pretty darn good.

Let's use a number that is much more relevant to his overall speed. State qualifying for the ND state track meet in the 100 is 11.44 and for the 200 is 23.24. Those are very good times that are only achieved by a handful of kids in each division, year in and year out. On most years the winning time in each of these two events is slightly below qualifying time. In other words, in any given year, this Andersen kid would be in the running to win the nd state 100 and 200 titles. What would you call that? Average speed? Don't kid yourself, his times in the 100 and 200 are very good for this part of the country. I highly doubt that Stick has nd state championship speed in the 100 or 200. There is a huge difference in being fast on the football field and fast on the track. You can't compare the two.

I'm not saying he is a better QB than Stick, but to try to make an argument that Stick is just as fast as Andersen is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What is fast for someone who is not a "white boy"?

10 and 21 flat.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Bottom line is Jerrick McKinnon couldn't get it done in the Fargo Doom, and that Georgia Southern team is light years ahead of this cat team.

McKinnon is a much more explosive player than Anderson ever will be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Agreed Anderson is not even close to Mckinnon. Sorry Cat fans not trying to be a dick, but it's not even close. I only have a one game sample, but he does not play as fast as he runs the 100.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yeah, I can tell you never ran track. A 10.88 100 and 22.11 200 is pretty darn fast for a white boy. Stick doesn't have that kind of speed and I doubt Lance does either.
    Running track is not the same as running with pads. I've watched all three QBs run, and yes, Stick and Lance are also fast.
    Hail the BISON!!!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Agreed Anderson is not even close to Mckinnon. Sorry Cat fans not trying to be a dick, but it's not even close. I only have a one game sample, but he does not play as fast as he runs the 100.
    ALPHAGRIZ1 "Bottom line is Jerrick McKinnon couldn't get it done in the Fargo Doom, and that Georgia Southern team is light years ahead of this cat team.
    McKinnon is a much more explosive player than Anderson ever will be."

If you look back at the stats McKinnon did get it done. NDSU used the same defensive plan they used the year before taking the dive and pitch. GSUs QB Jabo Shaw made the right calls but was neither quick to the line or fast enough once he made the line to make any yardage while McKinnon was.

That game was close. GSU made 2 defensive back to back 15 yard penalties and lost a fumble. Thats on GSU and you deserved the win.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 11-28-2018 at 04:27 AM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about Andersen's size and speed, but keeps forgetting we have the same thing with not only Easton Stick, but also Trey Lance. I believe the NDSU scout team will have their defense well prepared by Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Running track is not the same as running with pads. I've watched all three QBs run, and yes, Stick and Lance are also fast.
    Yes, Stick and Lance are fast, but you said we have the same thing in both our QB's. No we don't. Not on the track we don't. Just want to clarify that.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yes, Stick and Lance are fast, but you said we have the same thing in both our QB's. No we don't. Not on the track we don't. Just want to clarify that.
    When why I talking about track? I said "size and speed," both of which Stick and Lance have.
    Hail the BISON!!!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really looking forwards to an opponent whom i like and that we haven’t played in a while. 95 % of their fans were great to socialize and banter with in Bozeman for that playoff game back before the dynasty. Like the majority here are thinking, i expect the cats to hang around a quarter or so then we’ll start putting distance between us and it’ll likely be lopsided. But games don’t always go how us experts predict. This cats team might get a few lucky bounces like turnovers or unusually flat play by some of the bison. Not likely but I still remember DJ running towards the end zone with 35 yards of pasture in front with nary a defender to bother him and suddenly he drops the football as he continues to run. ISU blue jumps on the ball and instead of another seven it is a turnover. So though I expect a one sided game I’m still excited to watch cause you just never know

Lakes commenting about the Messingham coldstone thread on the kitties board is amusing considering they have no idea.