Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Maybe, just maybe none of the above mentioned teams "have never seen nothing like NDSU"!

#MaybeJustMaybe
    #6TimesGoingOn7
    #PleaseBuyAClueWithYourBuyoutMoney

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Im suprised most all teams dont try more fakes etc.. more often. If run properly a lot of fake punts and kicks succeed even when snuffed out. I especially like fakes anytime outside your own 40. A successful fake turns a game around like none other, Bohl swung a lot of games in the Bison direction off well timed fakes.
    Bohl, really? I remember one fake punt.

I don't agree with you on the fakes thing. I'd rather just see a team line up and run a play then if they're going to try something crazy on 4th down. I know Audit is a big fan of going for it on 4th down more often, I'm kind of on the fence about it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think we have pretty much heard it all. It usually goes "You have never seen a (fill in the blank) like we have".
    To be fair, Bison fans are guilty of the same stuff.

The only difference is that it’s actually true most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

I don't feel like being fair.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

And I would say that most Bison fans say something like "You have never seen a TEAM like ours". That's the difference between NDSU and the field. While we have some exceptional individual players, which were most recently recognized and named to post season teams/player awards, they make up a team full of winners.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Bohl, really? I remember one fake punt.

I don't agree with you on the fakes thing. I'd rather just see a team line up and run a play then if they're going to try something crazy on 4th down. I know Audit is a big fan of going for it on 4th down more often, I'm kind of on the fence about it.
    I think we also had one in the championship game against SHSU. But that and the one you mentioned(Drago?) is all I can remember.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think we also had one in the championship game against SHSU. But that and the one you mentioned(Drago?) is all I can remember.
    Ah, good call. I remembered the SHSU one, but totally forgot about the Drago one out of the end zone. I stand corrected. Correct me if I'm wrong though, didn't that Drago one come pretty early in a game against a non conference opponent that we steam rolled? Was it at a moment that the tide needed to be turned? I would absolutely agree with the SHSU one being a ginormous turning point in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Ah, good call. I remembered the SHSU one, but totally forgot about the Drago one out of the end zone. I stand corrected. Correct me if I'm wrong though, didn't that Drago one come pretty early in a game against a non conference opponent that we steam rolled? Was it at a moment that the tide needed to be turned? I would absolutely agree with the SHSU one being a ginormous turning point in that game.
    Seemed to me like the Drago fake and the Voigtlander fake were not called by the coaches but more on the players in that they were so open you basically had to. now, the fake FG at Montana...gotta think that was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrocker View Post
    I can be difficult to build TOP with 3 to 5 plays per score...or that is my perception.

Has anyone did a Average # plays per score?
    357 plays to score 65 times. 5.5 plays per average score.
    Last edited by Uffda; 11-28-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Seemed to me like the Drago fake and the Voigtlander fake were not called by the coaches but more on the players in that they were so open you basically had to. now, the fake FG at Montana...gotta think that was called.
    Certainly helped having Voight back there to make that audible, being a former RB and all. Ha, that Drago post game interview with him and his shoulder wrapped in ice, classic Drago. And dang, I must really be slipping, I didn't remember the fake FG at Montana either.