Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

How about our redzone offense? It has been spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    how about our redzone offense? It has been real andspectacular.
    fify!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I finished watching the Incarnate Word-Montana State game last night and I’m impressed with how much the Bobcats have improved since the SDSU game. Their constant offensive set changing and Andersen’s skills is going be “fun” for the Bison Defensive staff’s game plan preparation.

This is a good opponent for the Bison to begin their playoff stretch as it will cause them to stay focused right away. I believe NDSU will win comfortably, but maybe not cover the spread. Both teams run the ball too much and the game time will be flying.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    I’ve watched several Cats’ games this year. Yes, they do a lot of O shifts, but the plays they run out of them are predictable. We should be able to figure out tendencies out of whatever formations they end up in.

Moats of Anderson’s runs are to strong side, and his longer runs come from ruining angles with his speed, which he does have a lot of. He runs a bit oddly (head tucked in) but is faster than he appears. We will need a couple series to adjust angles. He doesn’t “finish” physically on purpose, but he does just because he is so big, fast and a great athlete. He’s not afraid of contact, but doesn’t go after it, likely because coaches have told him, and he knows, that they are short on QBs.

Some on Cats forum are saying Anderson will be the best player on the field, I say they haven’t seen and or are not giving enough credit to Easton Stick—who will be the best player on the field. Don’t thing they realize Stick is 6’2”, 215#s, and every bit of not more fast in pads as Anderson. Stick is also way more agile running the ball. We need to stretch Cats’ outside run game to sidelines (12th defender) by pushing angles.

Defensively I think the Cats are solid on DL, but not great depth. LBs are OK, but not MVFC-like. Their secondary is tested because of BSC play, but they haven’t seen nor dealt with a solid run game that provides for real play-action look. Also, they have not seen the Delta formation runs/play-action that we have, not the TE crew blocking and pass-catching we have.

And, can you say JCox spy/mirroring of Anderson?

We win going away, but first quarter will be one of sizing up the opponent a bit.

Typos are my own cuz posting from IPhone, but you get it. And where’s Burgandy to talk football?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CAS4127; 11-27-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They'd prolly still go Hotchkiss to preserve Lances RS. I could be wrong.
    Trey Lance is Redshirting 100000% they already told him and his parents. I got the Text.

He will dress but not play, available for Semi's and Frisco though if needed.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Load the box on them. CBs on island. Maybe an extra LB more than normal.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ve watched several Cats’ games this year. Yes, they do a lot of O shifts, but the plays they run out of them are predictable. We should be able to figure out tendencies out of whatever formations they end up in.

Moats of Anderson’s runs are to strong side, and his longer runs come from ruining angles with his speed, which he does have a lot of. He runs a bit oddly (head tucked in) but is faster than he appears. We will need a couple series to adjust angles. He doesn’t “finish” physically on purpose, but he does just because he is so big, fast and a great athlete. He’s not afraid of contact, but doesn’t go after it, likely because coaches have told him, and he knows, that they are short on QBs.

Some on Cats forum are saying Anderson will be the best player on the field, I say they haven’t seen and or are not giving enough credit to Easton Stick—who will be the best player on the field. Don’t thing they realize Stick is 6’2”, 215#s, and every bit of not more fast in pads as Anderson. Stick is also way more agile running the ball. We need to stretch Cats’ outside run game to sidelines (12th defender) by pushing angles.

Defensively I think the Cats are solid on DL, but not great depth. LBs are OK, but not MVFC-like. Their secondary is tested because of BSC play, but they haven’t seen nor dealt with a solid run game that provides for real play-action look. Also, they have not seen the Delta formation runs/play-action that we have, not the TE crew blocking and pass-catching we have.

We win going away, but first quarter will be one of sizing up the opponent a bit.

Typos are my own cuz posting from IPhone, but you get it. And where’s Burgandy to talk football?!

Very good analysis but did they see that "unique" UND formation where they put their 3 stud RBs in the backfield at the same time?!?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I liked Choate in his press conference. Seems like a coach on the right track.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I loved it! His breakdown of basically the entire Bison roster was great. I got jacked up listening to the first 7 minutes or so.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Very good analysis but did they see that "unique" UND formation where they put their 3 stud RBs in the backfield at the same time?!?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Maybe the formation, and they even run it a bit, but neither of them run it even close to the way we do. In fact, and not trying to be a dick/condescending to them, but I’m not sure they even understand all we do with that formation and the amount of different plays we run out of it in the exact formation, even after motioning/moving a TE or WR pre-snap, which we do to check coverage and or over-balance a bit.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Maybe the formation, and they even run it a bit, but neither of them run it even close to the way we do. In fact, and not trying to be a dick/condescending to them, but I’m not sure they even understand all we do with that formation and the amount of different plays we run out of it in the exact formation, even after motioning/moving a TE or WR pre-snap, which we do to check coverage and or over-balance a bit.

Thank you for talking football
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Good stuff right here.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!