Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If I had to bet, I'd take the over on Andersen getting a 100 yards rushing. Hopefully, I'd lose that bet.
    Definitely. Bruce is going to get his yards for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If NDSU hadn’t roughed the kicker on the GSU punt the game would have closed out much earlier.

Mixed emotions with that- did make it one of the most exciting endings to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We didn't rough that kicker. We ran into the kicker and it should have been a 5 yarder.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I've already said as much in this thread or another but I'll say it again. I like the Anderson(spelling?) kid a lot as a tough sob and talented football player but I don't see him being anywhere near as affectu e against the Bison D as he has been in other games.

After watching Choate's press conference I really like him a lot and think he's on the right track to build a solid program there. Unless of course we steal him away when Klieman leaves

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I got the sense from his presser that this is what he is angling for.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post
    Andersen could run for 150 and 2 TDs and that doesn't mean we don't lose by 21.

This game really boils down to two things:

#1 - We have to get some semblance of a passing game going so NDSU just doesn't load the box all game. Hell NDSU might load the box all game anyway even if we hit a few big passing plays.
    #2 - We have to be +2 in turnovers. NDSU doesn't cough the ball up, so this is also likely not going to happen. But after playing the first 7 games without recovering a fumble, MSU has forced 11 in the last 5 games two go with 3 picks.

I don't think our banged up defense can get enough stops without creating turnovers. And the offense can't score enough without a short field.

We get a starter in the secondary back it looks like, our two starting DTs should be healthy after not hardly playing against UIW, so we get some guys back that we didn't have against Incarnate Word. But I just don't think it will be enough. We do go a legit 2 deep along the DL so I'm hoping the boys won't get ground into paste by the 4th quarter.
    I think it is safe to say this is the best defense you will have faced all year. Your Qb and our #42 will become game long acquaintances. The line puts on a very good pass rush and goes 2 deep without a drop-off. The box will be loaded and you will be forced to pass.

The O-line can also go 2 deep and we will be using 4 running backs and Qb who can run and pass. Watch #20 and the tight ends when you try to stop the run. If you don't go 2 deep on the D-line I would be surprised if by the middle of the 3rd quarter those 2 and 3-yard runs don't start becoming 5 and 6.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Prediction: Montana State tries 2 of 3; fake punt, fake kick, on-side kick. They will pull out all the stops in this one.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Prediction: Montana State tries 2 of 3; fake punt, fake kick, on-side kick. They will pull out all the stops in this one.
    I understand why teams do this sort of thing, because frankly sometimes a team has to do whatever it can do to get a W against the Bison. However, this drives me nuts as a football fan when I see teams try this stuff too early in a game. I'm a believer in field position, and when you play the Bison, sometimes the field position battle is a big deal. Don't get cute and try a fake punt when it's the 2nd quarter and you're on your own 30. Or going for a 4th & 2 from midfield early in the game. To me, it's like a white flag is getting waved already. Stick to your plan, play field position, hope for a bounce to go your way.

I was trying to remember the last time the Bison have had to do some kind of a trick play and the one that came to mind was Smith's end around against the Jackrabbits.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    NDSU's average TOP this year is 32 minutes on the button. That's the lowest it's been since 2011. Everybody panic!!!

EDIT: I guess 2016 it was 31:51. Resume panicking!!!
    I may be off base here, but it seems that Easton doesn't let the play clock run down like Carson and Brock did. Those extra 5-10 seconds add up.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    I understand why teams do this sort of thing, because frankly sometimes a team has to do whatever it can do to get a W against the Bison. However, this drives me nuts as a football fan when I see teams try this stuff too early in a game. I'm a believer in field position, and when you play the Bison, sometimes the field position battle is a big deal. Don't get cute and try a fake punt when it's the 2nd quarter and you're on your own 30. Or going for a 4th & 2 from midfield early in the game. To me, it's like a white flag is getting waved already. Stick to your plan, play field position, hope for a bounce to go your way.

I was trying to remember the last time the Bison have had to do some kind of a trick play and the one that came to mind was Smith's end around against the Jackrabbits.
    Im suprised most all teams dont try more fakes etc.. more often. If run properly a lot of fake punts and kicks succeed even when snuffed out. I especially like fakes anytime outside your own 40. A successful fake turns a game around like none other, Bohl swung a lot of games in the Bison direction off well timed fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    I may be off base here, but it seems that Easton doesn't let the play clock run down like Carson and Brock did. Those extra 5-10 seconds add up.
    I can be difficult to build TOP with 3 to 5 plays per score...or that is my perception.

Has anyone did a Average # plays per score?

Every year this stuff makes me laugh and I'm not even a Bison fan!

"But, our QB"
    "But our defense"
    "But our running back"
    "But just because we lost by 35 doesn't mean we are not close to being a NC contender"

Yes it does.

If I as a Griz fan am sick of reading this stuff on Bisonville, I can only imagine what you guys feel like.

It's really fucking funny and really really sad that other teams just don't shut up, lose big and quit looking like asshats every year.........but the cat have that little brother thing going on so...........NDSU gets what it's like when dealing with UND and its the same thing here. "Better start lifting weights"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court