Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Are the bobcats planning on playing 4 quarters or at they quitting after 3 like the last time we met them in the playoffs?
    I haven't been able to prove this, but I was at that game, and if I remember correctly....we had THREE completed passes that game. Our O Line was MURDERING people....DJ McNorton was running wide open in the 4th quarter. With NO passing game. It was epic. Our fans are yelling...WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL, YOU CANNOT STOP THIS. Billy was a Freshman I think. We dominated. Fun night was had!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I haven't been able to prove this, but I was at that game, and if I remember correctly....we had THREE completed passes that game. Our O Line was MURDERING people....DJ McNorton was running wide open in the 4th quarter. With NO passing game. It was epic. Our fans are yelling...WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL, YOU CANNOT STOP THIS. Billy was a Freshman I think. We dominated. Fun night was had!
    I miss the days of ‘here’s what we are going to do. See if you can stop it’. I also miss LSD. (No, not the drug)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Rushed for 376 yards on 46 carries. DJ had 209 yards.

Passed for 56 yards, 5-19 with 1 int.

https://stats.gobison.com/fb/2010/ndsufb13.htm#GAME.TEM
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Yep, guys beside me were talking shit all first half, they left pretty early in the 3rd.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

At about 4:30 in the second quarter they shifted into their "delta" formation with 3 backs around the quarterback, twin receivers to the left. Both receivers have to be on the LOS for the formation to be legal and it sure looked like the inside guy was off...not called. And apparently it was a MVFC crew

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post
    I agree with this assessment. We don't quite have the horses yet to beat a team like NDSU at their own game. We've won the 4th quarter in all of our wins, but haven't been able to do it consistently. However a sign of a mentally and physically strong team is that they get better as the year progresses and we certainly have. We are getting better.

The fact that we lost our 2 year starting QB after spring ball to academic issues, our starting MLB for the season in fall camp, one of our starting RBs from last year for most of the season (only returning RB with significant carries), a transfer RB/FB who had been playing well especially in the blocking game to a career ending injury part way through the season, converted a LB/RB hybrid to QB in summer who can't really throw (although he is getting a lot better), our starting slot WR partway through the year to a season ending injury, had a pro-style QB play well in a few OOC games then break his foot in practice when he was ready to take over for Andersen leaving only a true freshman to backup Andersen, the fact that we made the playoffs to me is a testament to the program Choate is building. Most teams have these kinds of things, to varying degrees, but only programs with a solid culture and depth can overcome them. No we aren't world beaters this year but I really think next year is going to be a pretty big step for the program.

Not counting guys out for the year, against UIW we were missing our starting blocking TE, both our starting corners, and both our DTs played very limited snaps. We were down about 5 of the starters that were crucial pieces to our November run. And we were still able to win by 21 points, albeit against a team who was also without their star QB. Our OL did struggle with their team speed and size initially but it became clear as the game wore on that we were the better conditioned team and ending up imposing our will by the 4th quarter.

But to circle back to your post, we are a team that is gutting out wins, finding ways to win ugly, and part if that is just being more physical and tougher than our opponents. We won't have that on our side on Saturday, and I think we are going to have a really hard time moving the ball, and a hard time stopping the NDSU run game.
    It's pretty easy to see what you guys are trying to build. It just takes time. .... That monster running back that went out early in the season with a knee issue. that would be a huge difference maker right there.

I think that this game is going to be a great learning experience for your team and help them buy into what your coach is selling.

If he's smart he'll make sure the entire Administration is down in Fargo checking it out.

Would also be a good move to try and schedule ndsu. Too many on your side look to see what the Grizz are doing.... Yeah, I get that but if I were the cat's I'd be mimicking NDSU. I think your coach understands that, not sure if your fan base or the administration get it though

I recall Jensen getting hurt and Mohler playing most of not all the second have.

Anyway, Anderson is not Strevler 2.0. He is basically their #1 running back. He can pass, but not like Strevler, not even close. A lot of Strevler’s runs/yards came on scrambles or him just taking off on a pass play when he saw open lanes. That’s not the deal with Anderson. He is not a dropback passer—Cats don’t really have that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I really like Choate. I had never heard him talk before but it seems like he is doing things the right way. A couple things I found interesting. Choate says Stick is comparable to Kellen Moore but is a better athlete and has a stronger arm. That's pretty high praise considering how good Moore was in college and that he played for awhile in the NFL(as a backup). He also said Jabril Cox would start on any team in the nation and he used Notre Dame as an example but I think he truly meant any team.

Looking at Montana State's schedule, 6 of their 8 wins have came at home which seems like bad news for them coming to the fargodome.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I recall Jensen getting hurt and Mohler playing most of not all the second have.

Anyway, Anderson is not Strevler 2.0. He is basically their #1 running back. He can pass, but not like Strevler, not even close. A lot of Strevler’s runs/yards came on scrambles or him just taking off on a pass play when he saw open lanes. That’s not the deal with Anderson. He is not a dropback passer—Cats don’t really have that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think more like Jerrick McKinnon or Jaybo Shaw. Didn't they have a separate passing QB come in on some situations? I know McKinnon did. That Youyoute kid.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watching the UIW MSU game. They have no speed. Our d line will be in their backfield all game. If they run this option scheme this slow against us Cox and Marlette will knock their QB out of the game. Easton will carve these guys up like the proverbial knife through butter. UIW is bad, and this was a game into the fourth quarter.