Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

"I'm not super interested in talking smack with Bizon fans here, so I don't want to hear about how good NDSU is but I do have a couple questions for those fans. Do you think you've faced players in the skill positions as fast as Troy Andersen and Travis Jonsen? Secondly, have you faced an RB that runs as hard as Isaiah Ifanse? Lastly, have you faced an OL as good as what MSU has?"

I hope NDSU still bothers to show up on Saturday........ Now I'm worried

On a side note..... Do you know what is awesome about this board? The fact that none of you create a thread half way through the week titled "Is it Saturday yet" then proceed to elaborate on how you can't wait for gameday ........ You know.......... Just like all the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    "I'm not super interested in talking smack with Bizon fans here, so I don't want to hear about how good NDSU is but I do have a couple questions for those fans. Do you think you've faced players in the skill positions as fast as Troy Andersen and Travis Jonsen? Secondly, have you faced an RB that runs as hard as Isaiah Ifanse? Lastly, have you faced an OL as good as what MSU has?"

On a side note..... Do you know what is awesome about this board? The fact that none of you create a thread half way through the week titled "Is it Saturday yet" then proceed to elaborate on how you can't wait for gameday ........ You know.......... Just like all the rest of us.

Alpha, your post reminded my of a quote from Carson Wentz when coming out for the draft. He was asked a few times who the best CB he faced. He'd always say, "Marcus Williams in practice." There guys clearly don't understand our guys go against unbelievable talent everytime they do "good vs good" or a young up and coming player is scouting against a stud. NDSU is winning mainly due to good recruiting coupled with fantastic player development......

I really don't think we stand much of a chance Saturday, but we might as well play since it is my understanding that we can't buy our way out of the game. There is also speculation on their board as to where their next game will be played after both JMU and MSU win.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First half spread at -18.5
    Looking good Billy Ray!

No actually I cant say Ive ever watched players as awesome as those on MSU that you speak so highly of. I recall a few years back I was gonna have the chance to but MSU paid there way out of the game. It appears the only thing faster and more elusive than your skilled players is your ADMINISTRATION, "and for that shame you will pay dearly on Saturday!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Super speedy soon to be speed bump Andersen, rushed for 84 yds against the....not in the top 50 according to ncaa.com...not gonna look it up....SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE....UIW defense. Not even sure why there is a conversation about him. He's faster than 95% of bisonville, so what. I fully expect to see Tuszka chase him down, and Waege, and Menard.
    We did struggle initially with UIW, who I thought had 2 stud players on defense, but our MO is similar to NDSU in that we just keep pounding and pounding and eventually wear teams down. Those 2 yard carries turned into 8 yard carries in the 4th quarter. But as I've said earlier in this thread, that isn't going to happen against NDSU. We are going to have to find other ways to move the ball than just pound our ball carriers against your stacked box all day long. And I honestly have no idea what that could be.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post
    We did struggle initially with UIW, who I thought had 2 stud players on defense, but our MO is similar to NDSU in that we just keep pounding and pounding and eventually wear teams down. Those 2 yard carries turned into 8 yard carries in the 4th quarter. But as I've said earlier in this thread, that isn't going to happen against NDSU. We are going to have to find other ways to move the ball than just pound our ball carriers against your stacked box all day long. And I honestly have no idea what that could be.
    It may help to sneak a few plays in during the National Anthem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Super speedy soon to be speed bump Andersen, rushed for 84 yds against the....not in the top 50 according to ncaa.com...not gonna look it up....SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE....UIW defense. Not even sure why there is a conversation about him. He's faster than 95% of bisonville, so what. I fully expect to see Tuszka chase him down, and Waege, and Menard.
    You shoulda looked it up.....lol. Couldn't believe a playoff team was ranked that bad

UIW (Out of 124 teams)
    Total Defense (110) 479.2
    Scoring D (93) 34.1
    Rush Defense (74) 183.9

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    You shoulda looked it up.....lol. Couldn't believe a playoff team was ranked that bad

UIW (Out of 124 teams)
    Total Defense (110) 479.2
    Scoring D (93) 34.1
    Rush Defense (74) 183.9
    And it is being touted as "A good win against a quality team".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCat View Post
    We aren’t invincible on D. We have given up yardage and had one game where the defense was flat out awful. That was against a team that showed up tossing the ball. Thing is NDSU looks good on both sides of the ball and the defense usually seems to hike their play to another level in playoffs. You will have to throw to stay in this game. Do that and play good D and this could be an interesting game