Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Montana state playoff game

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Montana state playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Getting ready for the game tomorrow, watching last year's quarterfinal game vs wofford... the first half at anyway. Look up to see this beauty on the bookshelf.

Attachment 8655

Sleep tight kittens.
    That 2010 MSU - NDSU game is actually the only FCS road playoff win ever for the Bison.
    Insert something clever here...

THE DYNASTY: Expectation of excellence unwavering at North Dakota State
    https://skylinesportsmt.com/the-dyna...-dakota-state/

Stopped by Drekker Brewhalla tonight. I guess their official MSU Friday pregame party was there. Met many great Bobcat fans. Two things both fan bases can take pride in having in common; we love football and drinking!! There should be many of them in the tailgate lot tomorrow.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great time, that 2010 game. I drove to the game from Portland. Got to Bozo fairly early on Friday, meeting several college friends along the way. Met a bunch of current and former BV'ers that night for the first time at the bars. MSU fans bought me (us) drinks all night. They just kept appearing out of nowhere. I was an absolute wreck at the end of the night. Got to the tailgate by 9a the next morning. People made fun of me because I looked incredibly cold and hungover. Nine fucking degrees was apparently tropical to these assholes. (You know who you are.) Spent most of of the tailgate about 28"-40" away from the rocket propane heater eating chilli and drinking paint thinner or whatever that was. Game was obviously awesome and we had a lot of fun.

I had a major presentation at 8a Monday for work I needed to prepare for and knowing what condition I would likely be in by the end of the night, I decided at the last minute to drive to Missoula that night, assuming that I would be able to play it cool for the evening. I got to my hotel, unpacked my stuff, and headed out to the bar for dinner and a couple of drinks. Once I got there, I sat at the bar by myself. Shortly thereafter, I had people coming up to me and buying me drinks again (I had a Bison Jersey on.) because we beat "those assholes from Bozeman". They absolutely loved it. Jerks got me hammered again and it was a bit fuzzy getting back to my room.

For the 10 hour drive from Missoula to Portland on Sunday, I stopped twice to take a nap...
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    It’s playoff flight stalking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...815Z/KBZN/KFAR
    Swift Air! I hope their pilots are more qualified than their Class A drivers! ha

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Great time, that 2010 game. I drove to the game from Portland. Got to Bozo fairly early on Friday, meeting several college friends along the way. Met a bunch of current and former BV'ers that night for the first time at the bars. MSU fans bought me (us) drinks all night. They just kept appearing out of nowhere. I was an absolute wreck at the end of the night. Got to the tailgate by 9a the next morning. People made fun of me because I looked incredibly cold and hungover. Nine fucking degrees was apparently tropical to these assholes. (You know who you are.) Spent most of of the tailgate about 28"-40" away from the rocket propane heater eating chilli and drinking paint thinner or whatever that was. Game was obviously awesome and we had a lot of fun.

I had a major presentation at 8a Monday for work I needed to prepare for and knowing what condition I would likely be in by the end of the night, I decided at the last minute to drive to Missoula that night, assuming that I would be able to play it cool for the evening. I got to my hotel, unpacked my stuff, and headed out to the bar for dinner and a couple of drinks. Once I got there, I sat at the bar by myself. Shortly thereafter, I had people coming up to me and buying me drinks again (I had a Bison Jersey on.) because we beat "those assholes from Bozeman". They absolutely loved it. Jerks got me hammered again and it was a bit fuzzy getting back to my room.

For the 10 hour drive from Missoula to Portland on Sunday, I stopped twice to take a nap...
    Good Times eh?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Colter_Nuanez View Post
    THE DYNASTY: Expectation of excellence unwavering at North Dakota State
    https://skylinesportsmt.com/the-dyna...-dakota-state/
    Thanks for posting. I will be visiting your site more often.

A lot of great quotes in that article but this is by far my favorite "... the standard around here is winning championships,” Stick said. “Period.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    Thanks for posting. I will be visiting your site more often.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- Cats D......they played a soft 3-4 against UIW and its passing attack, regularly only 4 in the box (3 DL + #37 Bryce Sterk - MSU’s Buck Rusher) and 2 LB’s 5-7 yards deep. NDSU has a little insight into MSU with Courtney Messingham having coached there, so also do the Cats have insight into the Bison. Bobcat D Coordinator Ty Gregorak was the Grizzlies’ D Coordinator in 2015 for the 2 Bison games, including the smoky one at Wa-Griz. Gregorak leaving Missoula for Bozeman is quite a story, not a move you normally see......kindof a testament to one of Bisonville’s favorite coaches - former Griz Bob Stitt.
    So anyways, what adjustments will Gregorak make on D for NDSU?

- Cats O......Was talking to a former Bobcat player yesterday, we agreed the Cats need to attempt downfield passes, including trick plays such as throwing out of their Wildcat formation when #15 Troy Andersen splits out wide left - he can then take the jet sweep, roll right and pass. The former Cat also reminded me that #10, WR Travis Jonsen, is a former QB, so he can also try downfield passes out if their running formations (4 attempts on the season).
    Bobcats have a huge need in getting Robbie Grimsley/James Hendricks to respect the pass and not go all Colton Heagle on them......good luck on that......

More 406 articles:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-s...mpression=true

......The Bobcats’ line has outplayed and at times dominated opponents this season. Fa’anono, tackles Yates, Wright and Chase Benson, end Derek Marks, “Buck” rusher Bryce Sterk and the like have combined for 46 tackles for loss and 18.5 sacks.......
    ......Yates, Fa’anono and Sterk were all second-team All-Big Sky selections for the Bobcats.......
    http://406mtsports.com/college/big-s...mpression=true

......Headlined by star quarterback Easton Stick, there are 22 seniors on NDSU’s two-deep roster, 16 of which are listed as starters. The Bison have a total of 20 fifth-year seniors that were a part of coach Chris Klieman’s inaugural recruiting class in 2014......
    ......By comparison, the No. 23-ranked Bobcats (8-4) list only five senior starters on their two-deep roster — defensive linemen Tucker Yates, Tyrone Fa’anono and Zach Wright, linebacker Grant Collins and tight end Connor Sullivan......
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-01-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The Tony Lama's are a game time decision.
    In other news......Tony's Llama has just been placed on the DL.