Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: FINAL Bracketology

Default Re: FINAL Bracketology

Yes I know. Wasn't trying to be an ass just pointing out that the last two posts are about conferences that don't play all their own teams. I get that not playing one team is different than not playing 2-3 but if that one team is NDSU it has a pretty big impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    correct but its only 1 team, that will change
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yes I know. Wasn't trying to be an ass just pointing out that the last two posts are about conferences that don't play all their own teams. I get that not playing one team is different than not playing 2-3 but if that one team is NDSU it has a pretty big impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The point is still that it usually benefits the Big Sky and CAA. Look at Maine. But thanks for nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    correct but its only 1 team, that will change
    When those F’Hawkers join, the only teams NDSU is guaranteed to play appear to be the Northern ones.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    When those F’Hawkers join, the only teams NDSU is guaranteed to play appear to be the Northern ones.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    It will be the Dakotas and UNI together every year and probably Youngstown. Viverito said they want to maintain "regional rivalries"

https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/ge...n-valley-play/
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It will be the Dakotas and UNI together every year and probably Youngstown. Viverito said they want to maintain "regional rivalries"

https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/ge...n-valley-play/
    The reason why I said “Northern” was because I thought Youngstown was one of the guaranteed games NDSU would have to play every year along with the other Dakota schools. I didn’t see anything conclusive about UNI, but I believe that the MVFC will make them part of the yearly rotation for the Bison.

Looking at a map, those six teams are the most Northern of the eleven teams. The Southern teams would be WIU, SIU, Illinois State, Indiana State and Missouri State.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The reason why I said “Northern” was because I thought Youngstown was one of the guaranteed games NDSU would have to play every year along with the other Dakota schools. I didn’t see anything conclusive about UNI, but I believe that the MVFC will make them part of the yearly rotation for the Bison.

Looking at a map, those six teams are the most Northern of the eleven teams. The Southern teams would be WIU, SIU, Illinois State, Indiana State and Missouri State.

It's looking as competitively unbalanced as the B1G
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's looking as competitively unbalanced as the B1G
    Yep. Bad for the F’Hawkers, but not too much of a difference for the Bison as long as they don’t get complacent.

Hail the BISON!!!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The point is still that it usually benefits the Big Sky and CAA. Look at Maine. But thanks for nitpicking.
    No doubt about that, look at UND in the Big Sky this year. Perfect example of the benefit of not playing 3 teams in conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    No doubt about that, look at UND in the Big Sky this year. Perfect example of the benefit of not playing 3 teams in conference play.
    I'm not 100% sold on ISUb's long term success but the team I can see this benefiting in our new unbalanced schedule is ISUr the next time they miss with NDSU or SDSU.
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I am hoping UNI beats the crap out of a lot of teams on the other side of the bracket
    UNI has a tough row to hoe out west. The travel across two time zones makes it difficult enough but let’s not forget that the Panthers are 2-4 on the road since NDSU has been in the playoffs so I don’t see this happening.