Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL Bracketology

Default Re: FINAL Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I am not sold that sdsu can stop KSU... I am also not sold that JMU can get past Deleware...
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I agree. No respect. It's a championship game for crying out loud!
    You guys realize that is the first day of the NFL playoffs, right? They will want to be sure this game is over before the first wildcard game starts, so they have to start it early enough to ensure that.

UNI has the chance to take out all 3 Big Sky seeds. Probably not gonna happen but it would be damn funny.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    You guys realize that is the first day of the NFL playoffs, right? They will want to be sure this game is over before the first wildcard game starts, so they have to start it early enough to ensure that.
    Imagine how early the game would be if Jacksonville ever hosted a playoff game at Wimbley.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    That's funny.
    This JMU team is not what it was the last 2 years. They don’t have a quarterback, and that defense is a shadow of its ‘16 and ‘17 teams.

JMU will likely win, but don’t pretend that you’re the (almost) world beater you were in recent history.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    I love it. Chemists, accountants, sports professionals, attorneys, pharmacists, agronomists we've got them all. Excellent forum.
    And an amateur psychologist or two!

IMO, this bracket is an indication of how the FCS intends to deal with NDSU as an FCS juggernaut - more of a 'participation trophy' approach to the playoffs as opposed to having the best two teams in Frisco. This is not at all good for the FCS brand, but I’m starting to think they don't really care, as long as someone else gets a 'turn'. 'Disappointing' would be a gross understatement, but then what would you expect from such a committee?

Oh well, have to beat the best teams regardless. Just get the opportunity to do so in the dome now in the quarters/semis.

I just think they’re not very good at this job. We’ve been bracket of death before sure, but last year JMU as the #1 got a stupid hard draw and we had the easy route. I think they simply don’t get it.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 11-19-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Think of how much fun those Georgia Southern games were? Rather have them at home than on the road.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ok, time to pick those teams I would like to see win just to slap the selection committee around. Go Colgate...would like to see Delaware take out JMU, but i don't think that will happen...bring Colgate to the dome...would be a physical battle by the defenses. As much as Farley drives me crazy, it would be somewhat satisfying to see them roll the other bracket. Again, not likely, but the Big Fluffy will be pumping up their SOS and such...so the 3rd team from the MVFC taking them all out would be somewhat gratifying. I think SDSU will have their hands full with Kennesaw...a triple option team on the road...Bunnies just might not get the ball enough times. Personally hope that J'ville State has to go to Maine to play football in December...ha ha that could be rich. Reminds of the time Virginia Mount Union came to Fargo in December. Those guys didn't want to get off the bus in 10 degree weather with snow on the ground.