Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL Bracketology

Default Re: FINAL Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I see a number of people on this thread, and Craig Haley from STATS, have JMU seeded above Maine which I find interesting.

To me, when it comes to seeding, the body of work, including being the conference champion and auto-bid team, should outweigh the head to head competition. The head to head competition impact factor should only come into play when trying to decide between two teams in a conference with identical records and deciding who gets into the field of 24, in my opinion. It should NOT be used to determine seeding, especially in this specific case given the disparate nature of the two teams. After all, Maine is 7-1 in the league, and JMU was 6-2.
    Yeah, the thing is though, JMU is better.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Irrelevant. Entirely different teams .
    Sure about the “entirely” thing?

With that said, I don’t know how the 2018 JMU team compares to their 2015 version, but the 2018 Colgate is a lot better than theirs. Plus, the game will be at Colgate, not JMU.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CAA has 6 teams in... how many will make Semis? MVFC as 3... how many make semis?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I am not sold that sdsu can stop KSU... I am also not sold that JMU can get past Deleware...
    Was about to say “Or Colgate...” but I see you all have that covered for me...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    When it was 17-14 I had a very bad feeling.
    Gas. It happens as we age. Take a couple of Tums and you should be good to go.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Whole thing is sic politics, Mvc rep needs to be fired. Committee guy says once they rank and seed the teams they can’t move teams and look at potential matchups. Schools should create there own organization and get rid of ncaa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows View Post
    Whole thing is sic politics, Mvc rep needs to be fired. Committee guy says once they rank and seed the teams they can’t move teams and look at potential matchups. Schools should create there own organization and get rid of ncaa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much what FBS teams did.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Just an FYI Tums is for Acid relief and actually produces GAS (if you take Tums it actually gives you gas)- need something like Gasx to stop gas. (I work for a healthcare company that is in this space)

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I am not sold that sdsu can stop KSU... I am also not sold that JMU can get past Deleware...
    Either team is going to be in a slobberknocker with Colgate. They didnt have their starting QB vs Army abd their defense is very physical.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning is Gr8 View Post
    Just an FYI Tums is for Acid relief and actually produces GAS (if you take Tums it actually gives you gas)- need something like Gasx to stop gas. (I work for a healthcare company that is in this space)
    The cornucopia of topics and knowledge on BV never crases to amaze me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix