Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    our bad games are most teams Good games, We are truly spoiled

Next year is going to be interesting with the 24 seniors graduating, lots of raw talent
    Next year will have its ups and downs. Going to be a fun year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Next year will have its ups and downs. Going to be a fun year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This team is loaded with young talent and with all the blowouts, players are getting reps.

Our DEs next year. Tuszka and Waege. Experience with Logan McCormick and Tanner Sundt. Lots of young talent

Our DTs Cole Karcz and senior Jack Darnell. Guys like Quin Alo and Layne Tucker have a few years in the system. Once again toms of young talent

Linebackers. Lose Marlette and Levi Jordheim. Jabril is the star returner. Jaxon Browne returns. Lots of able bodies with several years in the system like Jaxon Hankey, Aaron Mercadel, Begley, and Beau Pauley

Corners. Bridges and Hayes plus Dom Davis

Safeties - Hendricks and Tutsie

Lots of young talent

Offensive Line. Tackles Radunz and Zack Johnson plus Cordl Volson. Guards and Center, many experienced able bodies

TEs. Loaded. Ellefson, Babich, Gindorf

RBs. Ty Brooks, Seth Wilson, Saybein Clark, Cofield, and Dimitri Williams (who can also play receiver)

WR - Christian Watson and Sproles. Lots of question mark's but good young talent or experienced system players

FB- Brock Robbins, Mahlstrom

QB... biggest? mark, may need to simplify like Eastons freshman year

Dline will be talented but not as deep. But this team will have star power and talent

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Agree with much of what Herdbot said but I don't want to rest hopes on "lots of young talent" which usually just means who the hell knows.

DE: Spencer and Waege are the only "sure things" Could be looking at only 2 legit starting calber DEs next year.

QB: Scary transition. Exciting though!

WR: No veteran leader left in the clubhouse. Young kids need to step up with their new QB.

OL: Losing the entire interior is hard to replace, if nothing else from a chemistry stand point.

Those are the 4 biggest concerns I have. Easy to say across the board we don't know about our depth in most positions but that is the case most years. If I had guess, our defense will sort itself out as it usually seems to. QB and WR will be the big questions that persist.
    Rixen

Some assistant coaches have been let go already.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Some assistant coaches have been let go already.
    It all falls in line if your QB pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Agree with much of what Herdbot said but I don't want to rest hopes on "lots of young talent" which usually just means who the hell knows.

DE: Spencer and Waege are the only "sure things" Could be looking at only 2 legit starting calber DEs next year.

QB: Scary transition. Exciting though!

WR: No veteran leader left in the clubhouse. Young kids need to step up with their new QB.

OL: Losing the entire interior is hard to replace, if nothing else from a chemistry stand point.

Those are the 4 biggest concerns I have. Easy to say across the board we don't know about our depth in most positions but that is the case most years. If I had guess, our defense will sort itself out as it usually seems to. QB and WR will be the big questions that persist.
    I know it has been a very small sample size but I find myself starting to notice Dallas out on the field and seems to be putting together a nice little ending to the season. The group is still very much an unknown heading into next year but it just seems like he has been putting himself in a position to be successful lately.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I know it has been a very small sample size but I find myself starting to notice Dallas out on the field and seems to be putting together a nice little ending to the season. The group is still very much an unknown heading into next year but it just seems like he has been putting himself in a position to be successful lately.
    This is referring to next season. Freeman is a senior. But, I do agree that he has stepped up and made some big catches lately.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    This is referring to next season. Freeman is a senior. But, I do agree that he has stepped up and made some big catches lately.
    Doh, how did I get that all mixed up in my head? I have no excuse because I can't even figure it out thinking back to 15 minutes ago. LOL Too much Bisonville for me today.

Ben Ellefson, Brock Robbins, Ty Brooks, Zack Johnson, James Hendricks. Doesn't always have to be a QB. Plenty of seniors to take the mantle next year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Ben Ellefson, Brock Robbins, Ty Brooks, Zack Johnson, James Hendricks. Doesn't always have to be a QB. Plenty of seniors to take the mantle next year.
    You only go as far as your QB is capable of taking you. Doesnt have to be Stick or a Wentz but he better be pretty good if your seeking a Natty! That goes for this year as well, hope Stick stays healthy.