Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Hotchkiss is "good enough" to get us through the rest of the playoffs.
    Yeah, I agree... and I also think the Hotchkiss we've seen in the 4th quarter isn't the Hotchkiss we would see if he had to take over a game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I hate talking about this, but...

IF Stick goes down in the playoffs... who would you RATHER see, and who do you THINK we'd see: Lance or Hotchkiss?

I THINK Hotchkiss is the guy since he has been getting most of the second team reps in the 4th quarter blow-outs... but I'm not sure who I'd RATHER see... probably Hotchkiss, too, since he appears to be more polished under center and a couple of his throws lately look like they have good zip and accuracy?

iuno...
    Since we're speculating, Stick goes down early in the Semifinal game. We could bring in Trey and not burn his redshirt since he has only played two games thus far.
    If something crazy like this happened we could start the 2019 season with a redshirt freshman, national champion winning QB.
    Highly doubtful but possible?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Since we're speculating, Stick goes down early in the Semifinal game. We could bring in Trey and not burn his redshirt since he has only played two games thus far.
    If something crazy like this happened we could start the 2019 season with a redshirt freshman, national champion winning QB.
    Indeed, it could happen. I would think that that is the reason that 2 of the 4 allowed games were kept in the back pocket.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mentioned this in another post of mine recently, but I'm as guilty as everyone else in that maybe I don't give our backup QB's enough credit. We rave about our depth on this team, and we are loaded, right? Naturally, you're going to see a drop off from a starter to the back up. But they can come in and do a good enough job, do their job, and help the team win some ball games. We see it often, next man up. Why would we begin to think that the back up QB's, that have prepared all week and all year as if they're going to start (it's how the team practices and prepares that I know this is true), would not be able to come in and do a solid enough job to lead this team to some wins? Sure, we would have to see the offense maybe scaled back a bit, because RFr and there may not be as many QB run plays called (unless Trey was playing maybe). But I really think if any of these 3 young men knew they were going to be starting the next week that they would be ready to go and could lead us to a W. If people think they need to come in and be the next Easton Stick, that's not realistic and not fair to those players. Those are huge shoes to fill, let them be themselves and allow them to create their own identity and legacy during their time at NDSU.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Then by January of 2023 he'd be a 5 time national title winning QB??? /Purple....maybe

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Indeed, it could happen. I would think that that is the reason that 2 of the 4 allowed games were kept in the back pocket.
    Exactly. Trey Lance is the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Exactly. Trey Lance is the backup.
    Are we sure about this? I honestly think they'd go with Hotchkiss. He's had way more reps in game.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Are we sure about this? I honestly think they'd go with Hotchkiss.
    Let hope neither of us get to say, "I told you so"

Quote Originally Posted by ec8ch View Post
    let hope neither of us get to say, "i told you so"
    ^^^^^^^^this for sure.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Let hope neither of us get to say, "I told you so"
    I love agreeing with people on here. My new favorite pastime.