Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    You only go as far as your QB is capable of taking you. Doesnt have to be Stick or a Wentz but he better be pretty good if your seeking a Natty! That goes for this year as well, hope Stick stays healthy.
    Yeah, The last couple RFr did OK, if memory serves.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah, The last couple RFr did OK, if memory serves.
    Soooooo, you think Hotchkiss or Sanders can take the Bison to the promised land as RFr? I’m not so confident. Remember, Trey is a TFr, first year in the system. A RFr is in their second and neither of these two QBs were as highly recruited as Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Soooooo, you think Hotchkiss or Sanders can take the Bison to the promised land as RFr? I’m not so confident. Remember, Trey is a TFr, first year in the system. A RFr is in their second and neither of these two QBs were as highly recruited as Stick.
    Unless I'm missing a part of the conversation, we're talking about next year, where Trey Lance, who was as highly recruited as Easton Stick, will be a RFr. If he comes out of camp the starter, it's because the coaches think he can do the job.

I'm fine with that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unless I'm missing a part of the conversation, we're talking about next year, where Trey Lance, who was as highly recruited as Easton Stick, will be a RFr. If he comes out of camp the starter, it's because the coaches think he can do the job.

I'm fine with that.
    My bad. Thought it was about A good QB needed to win a natty, as in Stick. S many of the others such as Dinuddi for JMU. I misinterpreted the discussion. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    My bad. Thought it was about A good QB needed to win a natty, as in Stick. S many of the others such as Dinuddi for JMU. I misinterpreted the discussion. Sorry.
    I casually said we might be a little F'd if Stick goes down. Someone talked me down but that wouldn't be ideal.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I casually said we might be a little F'd if Stick goes down. Someone talked me down but that wouldn't be ideal.
    I’m probably as big an Easton Stick fan as his mom. If he goes down I will be enormously disappointed for his next level prospects.

2018 Bison though? Next man up. Adapt and adjust. Just go win baby (like Easton did in 2015)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m probably as big an Easton Stick fan as his mom. If he goes down I will be enormously disappointed for his next level prospects.

2018 Bison though? Next man up. Adapt and adjust. Just go win baby (like Easton did in 2015)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trey Lance looked the part of starting QB when he stepped on campus, is a great student in the classroom, and has impressed with the limited snaps he's gotten in two games. Anything can happen, but I'm as comfortable as is possible with him as a Redshirt Freshman taking over next year.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Trey Lance looked the part of starting QB when he stepped on campus, is a great student in the classroom, and has impressed with the limited snaps he's gotten in two games. Anything can happen, but I'm as comfortable as is possible with him as a Redshirt Freshman taking over next year.
    Yes, yes and yes. I would be shocked if he wasn't the starter next year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Yes, yes and yes. I would be shocked if he wasn't the starter next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m probably as big an Easton Stick fan as his mom. If he goes down I will be enormously disappointed for his next level prospects...

I hate talking about this, but...

IF Stick goes down in the playoffs... who would you RATHER see, and who do you THINK we'd see: Lance or Hotchkiss?

I THINK Hotchkiss is the guy since he has been getting most of the second team reps in the 4th quarter blow-outs... but I'm not sure who I'd RATHER see... probably Hotchkiss, too, since he appears to be more polished under center and a couple of his throws lately look like they have good zip and accuracy?

iuno...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I hate talking about this, but...

IF Stick goes down in the playoffs... who would you RATHER see, and who do you THINK we'd see: Lance or Hotchkiss?

I THINK Hotchkiss is the guy since he has been getting most of the second team reps in the 4th quarter blow-outs... but I'm not sure who I'd RATHER see... probably Hotchkiss, too, since he appears to be more polished under center and a couple of his throws lately look like they have good zip and accuracy?

iuno...
    Hotchkiss is "good enough" to get us through the rest of the playoffs.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯