Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoff thread

Default Re: 2018 Playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Bruce Feldman is reporting Mike Houston is taking the Charlotte job...
    But they signed him to a 10 year deal because he is the greatest
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I guess the disrespect the selection committee showed his was too much. Now he can worry about getting to some crappy bowl game with 6 wins. BOOM!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I guess the disrespect the selection committee showed his was too much. Now he can worry about getting to some crappy bowl game with 6 wins. BOOM!!!!
    DAMN, I was just coming to make that point.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Its an AAC team, I guess so sorta a move up? It'll be amusing if true.
    They're actually in Conference USA, which is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Hmmmmm. Wonder what the level of distraction will be for JMU vs. Colgate. Obviously the Bison survived OK when Bohl announced his departure.
    The 2013 squad could have (and frankly probably did to a point) coached themselves to the title. I don't see this going well for JMU. Especially with the early signing period and a long road in the playoffs. Could be one of those situations you sit back with a giant bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I don't see this going well for JMU. Especially with the early signing period and a long road in the playoffs. Could be one of those situations you sit back with a giant bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.
    Was Houston there long enough to even have a "recruiting" class to call his own? I thought he depended on JUCO and FBS transfers to build his teams. If true, there probably is not a whole lot of team loyalty built up. The next coach is likely going to have to start from scratch. The JMU board is somewhat concerned: "hoping his recruits dont' follow him down to that dumpster fire in Charlotte." https://csnbbs.com/thread-864880.html See #8: "Can we afford the NDSU coach?" Gee would JMU HC job be considered a step up from NDSU?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Was Houston there long enough to even have a "recruiting" class to call his own? I thought he depended on JUCO and FBS transfers to build his teams. If true, there probably is not a whole lot of team loyalty built up. The next coach is likely going to have to start from scratch. The JMU board is somewhat concerned: "hoping his recruits dont' follow him down to that dumpster fire in Charlotte." https://csnbbs.com/thread-864880.html See #8: "Can we afford the NDSU coach?" Gee would JMU HC job be considered a step up from NDSU?
    It might pay more but no, it wouldn't really be a step up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

According to Craig Haley Houston has a $500,000 buyout to pay if he goes to a C-USA school.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...54153251635604

And since some think Charlotte is an AAC member, here is CUSA website.

http://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?path=football

And let me see if this link works.

https://twitter.com/thebreezesports/...580139008?s=12
    Last edited by BisonNeil; 11-28-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Excuses already beginning for JMU. Just read it'd be 100% Houston's fault if they lose to Colgate. Don't get me wrong, that could be a major reason they now end up losing. But I already had this weekend chalked up as an L for them.

If they do get by Colgate, prepare yourself for the incoming "We were going to come in and beat you guys until our coach left"

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I brought this up earlier this year in the "Delaware" thread (that got closed) when I questioned Houston's coaching ability and that "his rhetoric rants will get old quick with players, especially ones who are smart enough to realize he's just blowing hot air out of his arse." In that thread, I stated, he doesn't stay long enough to coach his own recruits, and usually soon after he leaves a program, they fall apart. I expect JMU to be hurting for the next few seasons before they probably rebound.

Also, early in that thread, I claimed JMU wouldn't make it past the QFs. Will Colgate or NDSU prove me right?
    Hail the BISON!!!