Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoff thread

Default Re: 2018 Playoff thread

I think people are a bit overconfident on the Jacks, not saying they will lose but I think they are in for a battle. If I was betting on games this weekend, I wouldn't touch that game.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think people are a bit overconfident on the Jacks, not saying they will lose but I think they are in for a battle. If I was betting on games this weekend, I wouldn't touch that game.
    Yep, beyond the fact that they have to travel to face a unique offense that offense is designed to possess the ball and play keep away from SDSU which is exactly how they've been beaten in the last few years.

The fact that McFeely's elite FCS mind is predicting a blowout in favor of the Jacks just leads me more into thinking that it will be a toss-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, beyond the fact that they have to travel to face a unique offense that offense is designed to possess the ball and play keep away from SDSU which is exactly how they've been beaten in the last few years.

The fact that McFeely's elite FCS mind is predicting a blowout in favor of the Jacks just leads me more into thinking that it will be a toss-up.
    I fully expect TC to bring his turnover recipe to suburban Atlanta.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Idk. Their QB is confident enough to go to NY.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Idk. Their QB is confident enough to go to NY.
    Think he's visiting any special pastry shops?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Thought #1: They beat KSU by a lot. Thought#2: I don't like them or their coach.
    Meh. Vet always tends to get "cold feet" regarding our prospects at this time of year because, well, he actually has cold, icy feet. They're also gigantic, webbed and putrid, but don't ask me how I know that.

His natural reticence during playoff time, however, is nothing a couple of stiff snorts (and I'm not talking about his feet now) won't cure.

Last night I watched the Campbell Award ceremony on ESPN3 at Taryn Christion was there (while Easton chose to stay back at NDSU and prepare for Colgate) -- obviously Taryn doesn't think he needs an additional 24-36 hours of prep time for KSU -- SDSU is definitely confident. Couple that with SDSU's past performance against the triple option, and this may not be the blowout McFooly is expecting.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope the KSU - SDSU game turns into an Ernest Hemingway novel for the Jacks: They walk back to the locker room downtrodden, with all hope lost, in the rain.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sold on the Jacks winning big on the road either. In the first two rounds of the playoffs this year the home teams are 15-1!

I dont think it was wise at all to go to NY and sit at a dinner, that didnt end until 11pm Eastern, risk delays and weather then turn around and fly to GA on Friday

M, W, T are the only real practices TC will get and I doubt he will be fully focused. Flying is not easy. Totally different story if you were on a bye week
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant