Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoff thread

Default Re: 2018 Playoff thread

How does rain help a TO team that pitches the ball around? Asking for Loaf.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Sdsu throws it a ton and the rain and sloppy conditions would make it difficult vs a team that runs the ball the majority of time

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It gives them confidence they will get the ball plenty of times with a short field when after watching their opponent’s film from last year’s semifinal game and knowing that turnover machine offense will be playing in the rain too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Jackrabbits are very good but they seem to be a lot like UNI in that they can’t handle big moments/playoff pressure. They are chokers. I wouldn’t bet on them against any team in the field. My expectation of them is that they choke because that’s just what they do
    My expectation is for them to choke because of all the whining we had about how the committee was "stacking the bracket" against NDSU with potential quarterfinal and semifinal matchups with JMU and SDSU and it would be deliciously ironic if neither of those teams made it to the point the whiners were so worried about.

Disclaimer: I fully realize I'm whining about whiners.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    yep it is supposed be cold(40's) and raining (high humidity) here in SE this weekend. I grew in ND and know it is cold but something about 40 degrees and high humidity just goes through you....
    100% true. I spent a year down in Louisiana on the gulf and there were a few days where it got down into the mid thirties, it felt like it took hours to warm back up once I got back inside.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

There was a little dialogue going on a few weeks ago that if/when we get to the semis, that we may not get the Friday night game this year, I would have to think that with no matter who wins on the other side of the bracket this weekend, the host teams would be on the west coast and that it wouldn't be likely they would have a 8:00EST/5:00 PST Friday kick off, so we should be a lock for the Friday evening game again or am i wrong in that assumption?
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Sdsu throws it a ton and the rain and sloppy conditions would make it difficult vs a team that runs the ball the majority of time
    SDSU has a fairly balanced offense this year, and I think they will run the damn ball in crap weather. They have rushed 399 times for 2655 yards with 34 rushing TD's, averaging 6.7 yards/carry and 241.4 yards/game. They are 183 for 306 for 2927 yards and 32 passing TD's, averaging 9.6 yards/pass, 16 yards/catch, and 266.1 yards/game.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Jackrabbits are very good but they seem to be a lot like UNI in that they can’t handle big moments/playoff pressure. They are chokers. I wouldn’t bet on them against any team in the field. My expectation of them is that they choke because that’s just what they do
    I tend to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    There was a little dialogue going on a few weeks ago that if/when we get to the semis, that we may not get the Friday night game this year, I would have to think that with no matter who wins on the other side of the bracket this weekend, the host teams would be on the west coast and that it wouldn't be likely they would have a 8:00EST/5:00 PST Friday kick off, so we should be a lock for the Friday evening game again or am i wrong in that assumption?
    I don't think they really care where games are at when they set the TV slots (if Weber wins they host again and they're playing on the Friday night spot this week). I think they care about what draws the most eyeballs and they'll put that in the best TV slot. If they're playing I think NDSU is a lock for the #1 TV slot in the semis and reason why I think that will be the Saturday game is because that game was bumped from ESPNU to ESPN2 this year and the Friday night game is also on ESPN2. I think Saturday afternoon typically gets more TV eyeballs than Friday night so that's the "better" TV spot. We'll see.

I doubt a west coast team would ever get the Saturday early quarterfinal or the Friday night semifinal. If UCD or EWU host, I think they get Saturday for sure.

Weber is mountain time I believe so it would be a bit easier for them to play Friday night.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.