Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoff thread

Default Re: 2018 Playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    "The champions game will be at 11 a.m. CT and will be broadcast on ESPN2, preceded by a half-hour live pregame show from the stadium" I saw this on writeup on playoffs on fcs insider.. Looks like ESPN will do a pregame show this year.
    Wow. Pregame show is a pretty big move for ESPN. Now if they'd just run a few commercials leading up to the championship game.

"The champions game will be at 11 a.m. CT and will be broadcast on ESPN2, preceded by a half-hour live pregame show from the stadium" I saw this on writeup on playoffs on fcs insider.. Looks like ESPN will do a pregame show this year.
    Gonna laugh after all of these years of zero promo, pregame shows, build up....if it's kennesaw vs uc davis and the stadium is 45%packed

Does a comment during the end of a bball game count as a pregame show?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Does a comment during the end of a bball game count as a pregame show?
    Was thinking the same thing. Always praying BB would not go to OT. I am at the game anyways but have it setup to tape it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably couldn't get a high school basketball game to be played at 9:00 on a Saturday morning...or maybe, the corn hole championships were already scheduled out.
    More serious note, at least there will be a modicum of hype by producing a pre-game program.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Gonna laugh after all of these years of zero promo, pregame shows, build up....if it's kennesaw vs uc davis and the stadium is 45%packed
    Regardless of attendance, the game will be a successful sell out crowd given that half of the tickets (or whatever the presale total) are already sold.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Probably couldn't get a high school basketball game to be played at 9:00 on a Saturday morning...or maybe, the corn hole championships were already scheduled out.
    More serious note, at least there will be a modicum of hype by producing a pre-game program.
    It's good they are adding it but I'm guessing the pre-game show will be 75 percent FBS discussion, if not more.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

They did this last year as well... but the pre-game show was on ESPNU... the best part -- it was hosted by Jay Walker Anyway, there was a trade off... ESPN did not cover the trophy presentation on ESPN3.

BTW the pregame show was pretty lame... bunch of recycled ESPN bits about the FCS -- the JMU RB who's father passes away while he was playing a game, and the overused snippet about great FCS players in the NFL. Literally no effort was put into providing any new content.

Last few year's half-time broadcast in the FCS championship game from Frisco - if I remember, the broadcaster filled half-time with coverage of the coming FBS championship game rather than talking about FCS football in general or the teams in the playoffs or the teams in the championship game.

I felt it was very inappropriate - this is the one big opportunity for FCS football to shine and ESPN made half-time all about the FBS.
    I am not a fan of ESPN - for one, you have to pay to see the FCS playoff and championship games (through cable, satellite or by going to a Sports Bar) - and then they do this in the FCS championship game. Not sure what ESPN is thinking, but something is off (IMO).

[QUOTE=Buffalo.Rider;1312007]Last few year's half-time broadcast in the FCS championship game from Frisco - if I remember, the broadcaster filled half-time with coverage of the coming FBS championship game rather than talking about FCS football in general or the teams in the playoffs or the teams in the championship game.

I felt it was very inappropriate - this is the one big opportunity for FCS football to shine and ESPN made half-time all about the FBS.
    I am not a fan of ESPN - for one, you have to pay to see the FCS playoff and championship games (through cable, satellite or by going to a Sports Bar) - and then they do this in the FCS championship game. Not sure what ESPN is thinking, but something is off (IMO).[/QUOT

They're thinking the only people watching are loyalist to two schools almost no one else cares about, degenerate gamblers, and hardcore football fans so maybe we should promote our content to the degens and the football fans.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie