Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoff thread

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I love first round weekend. The stakes are low (for me) and I get to see a lot of fun football .
    Amen! Besides a lot of good senior football players get one last prime time game before their careers are over.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Amen! Besides a lot of good senior football players get one last prime time game before their careers are over.
    First and second rounds are football smorgasbords!

I have a wedding Saturday otherwise my plan would be to binge watch the pleb round. Oh well, everybody have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I love first round weekend. The stakes are low (for me) and I get to see a lot of fun football .
    Agree. Have the whole house to myself and just watch football
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The more I think about the brackets, the more I’m ok with them. We need to beat everyone anyway, and it’s solid to have in our bracket and playing them at the Done who we think can possibly beat us, and I think an NDSU v. Weber or EWU will be a great Natty game.

I thought all year that we may lose a game in the MVFC rugged schedule, but these kids found a way to win them all. Resultantly, I think we will find a way to win all the games in our bracket. After all, everyone we play will have to go through the same gauntlet of teams we do, including playing us ... and we don’t have to do that—>meaning playing us.
    Bring on the competition!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel better now! Thanks Charlie (Hall of Fame! Induction 2010) I think this guy knows Bison football!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I have a wedding Saturday otherwise my plan would be to binge watch the pleb round. Oh well, everybody have fun.
    complaining about free beer and supper vs watching all of these poor programs win or lose their final game? sounds like a win to me

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    complaining about free beer and supper vs watching all of these poor programs win or lose their final game? sounds like a win to me
    Agreed...nothing like free booze and food to make me forget about the Duquesne/Towson or Nicholls/San Diego games...although I might record ETSU and JSU...they don't like each other and a good football skirmish is typically entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Agreed...nothing like free booze and food to make me forget about the Duquesne/Towson or Nicholls/San Diego games...although I might record ETSU and JSU...they don't like each other and a good football skirmish is typically entertaining.
    Clipping my fingernails can make me forget Duquesne/Towson or Nicholls/San Diego.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Keeping the 24 team bracket is good because it gives the top 8 seeds a bye, which is badly needed in late November.

Also, keep in mind, that every team was placed where it is....based on THIS SEASON of football. Yes, JMU was in the Natty last year. Yes, JMU did very well last year. BUT, they stumbled this year and must be treated as such. The 2018 JMU football team, the 2018 NDSU football team, the 2018 SDSU team.....etc. Not the 201X whatever team from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Keeping the 24 team bracket is good because it gives the top 8 seeds a bye, which is badly needed in late November.

Also, keep in mind, that every team was placed where it is....based on THIS SEASON of football. Yes, JMU was in the Natty last year. Yes, JMU did very well last year. BUT, they stumbled this year and must be treated as such. The 2018 JMU football team, the 2018 NDSU football team, the 2018 SDSU team.....etc. Not the 201X whatever team from the past.
    ?????????????????????